Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim said:
sologoduk said:
anyone else got a problem with axes being way to big this patch? there was like a 3mb update that made the axes really big

JuJu70 said that should be getting fixed at some point.
Do you have a link? I couldn't find an official post on the issue.

Also, is this affecting all axes or only some of them? I popped into an old(ish) save that I haven't played lately, and the Chipped Frankish Axe I purchased definitely seemed to be overly large, but the "Big Axe" (or something like that) didn't seem to be as "bad" to me. And does the size issue also affect the actual length of the weapon, making them currently longer than the item tool tip would indicate?

Yes they are reworked now and being tested.

mb14.jpg

Hi my fellow warriors...

Is there a standalone version of the patch so I dont got to download the whole updated game?

KILLERXD said:
Hi my fellow warriors...

Is there a standalone version of the patch so I dont got to download the whole updated game?

right now you have Steam patch or

TaleWorlds downloads:

:arrow: WB patch v1.100 to v1.666 = 100MB
  :arrow: VC full game v1.03 = 780MB. No word on a VC patch only

I use Steam, so I have no idea if you need to download WB patch or just VC .... make sure your game is 1.666 / 1.03.

Cheers

I have Mount and Blade Warband 1.166 and Viking Conquest 1.03 but I can't start a new game. It just takes me back in the main menu when I press the new game button. Custom Battle and Tutorial work fine.

Tattler said:
I have Mount and Blade Warband 1.166 and Viking Conquest 1.03 but I can't start a new game. It just takes me back in the main menu when I press the new game button. Custom Battle and Tutorial work fine.

Make sure you have at least one free slot for savegames. Click on loading savegame and check there.

Make sure your warband is version 1.166

if Steam -> do a verify cache integrity
Not Steam -> reinstall for the hell of it, never hurts :XD

Tattler said:
Phaiak said:
Hi Tattler, how did you get your 1.03? With a steam patch?

I don't have Steam (I'm nonSteam player xD). I downloaded 1.03 from the link.

check your rgl_log.txt to see if your warband is 1.166, besides the DLC that should be 1.03. And did you check your savegame slots?

Seriously, how do we not have 2 handed axes?!?!?! Brytenwalda had it, and historically they were common in this period. It can't be THAT hard to put them in, and it ruins the immersion, and they should have been there since the release.

kalarhan said:
Tattler said:
Phaiak said:
Hi Tattler, how did you get your 1.03? With a steam patch?

I don't have Steam (I'm nonSteam player xD). I downloaded 1.03 from the link.

check your rgl_log.txt to see if your warband is 1.166, besides the DLC that should be 1.03. And did you check your savegame slots?

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.165

mb_warband.exe says it's 1.166, but looks like it's 1.165. Probably it didn't install properly the first time. I just reinstalled 1.166 and it worked. Thank you!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kalarhan said:
KILLERXD said:
Hi my fellow warriors...

right now you have Steam patch or

TaleWorlds downloads:

:arrow: WB patch v1.100 to v1.666 = 100MB
  :arrow: VC full game v1.03 = 780MB. No word on a VC patch only

I use Steam, so I have no idea if you need to download WB patch or just VC .... make sure your game is 1.666 / 1.03.

Cheers

We don't use Steam.
It would be very polite if the devs make separate download for every new patch (patch only) as it is with Warband.
Isn't very proper to download the whole game all over again in several weeks period just for a tiny fix-up.

One thing with all versions to 1.03 is the "landing point". Could you somehow make it when you click on one it does not jump to a different spots? at the moment your boat flicks between different points and lands somewhere you don't want it to a lot of the time and it's quite annoying.

Also the game seems to stutter when the landing point changes position, the only real things that are a minor annoyance, but then again I'm nit picking now :smile:.

Would be cool if you could use a hotkey or something to enable and disable landing points being created, or maybe a key to make a point spawn instead of auto updating when moving. Just a suggestion.

As for downloading the game every time a patch comes out, it's only ~700MB, I've seen patches bigger than that for games so it's not a problem. Takes a whole 20 mins to download from the FTP server, as they are changing the textures for optimisation and almost all the text files there's probably no getting around that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom