Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylfa said:
I wonder... Why in this  game i cant find two-handed weapons? Historically Vikings  had  "Danish Two Handed Long Axe" or something like that so.... Why its not present in game? Is it  one of common errors?

This has been beaten to death. I am just going to say it here for the new players (if there is such a thing). This game has been out for so long that you have community made applications to change everything in it. Do some searches and you can find troops editors, game editors, item editors, etc.

What I did was make a copy of Viking Conquest folder and mod everything I wanted in. I have 2H axes, changed troop trees, balanced weapon and armor stats etc etc. Trust me modding the game to your liking is as fun as playing it :smile:

klarum said:
What I did was make a copy of Viking Conquest folder and mod everything I wanted in. I have 2H axes, changed troop trees, balanced weapon and armor stats etc etc. Trust me modding the game to your liking is as fun as playing it :smile:

It would be cool if you would share this mini-mod  :smile:

mike56 said:
klarum said:

It would be cool if you would share this mini-mod  :smile:

This is paid DLC so I cant put out a mod based on their work.

klarum said:

I think you can in these cases, as long as your mod requires VC to first have been installed (and therefore theoretically have been bought). NW had a bunch of mods like Bello Civili and Iron Europe which were distributed freely, and supported by the devs, but which required you to have bought NW in the first place in order for them to be played. If you had done that, then it was all gud :smile: Hopefully this applies here too, but I'm really not that sure :wink:

klarum said:

If its a tweak mod (text files, changing some textures, sounds, etc) its ok. You cant use resources from the DLC to create a new mod (unless you add the serial key check, but for that we need the module source first).

TLDR: as long players need to buy the DLC you should be ok :XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom