Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, trade ships are STILL stuck all around Ribe. Tried waiting 33+ hours, didn't do anything.

Also, what is with the absurdly high Morale penalty for recruiting prisoners? I recruited 12 Reavers, lost FORTY morale, and it has been an absolute nightmare to get it back up. Even with Average morale, 11 out of those 12 still left my party every time I loaded save. Not all victories boost morale (e.g. attacking Traders... FIX THIS), and victories that do boost it, offer so little. Therefore, all I'm left with is buying Morale. However, It would cost me 5000 10 000 gold (yeah really) to get my morale high enough to keep at least half of them. This is so IMBALANCED.

Oh yeah, and I love the logic behind Soldiers deserting my army whilst we're in the middle of the goddamn ocean...

Sadly, I have this much || patience left with this DLC.

Mettle said:
For me, trade ships are STILL stuck all around Ribe. Tried waiting 33+ hours, didn't do anything.

Also, what is with the absurdly high Morale penalty for recruiting prisoners? I recruited 12 Reavers, lost FORTY morale, and it has been an absolute nightmare to get it back up. Even with Average morale, 11 out of those 12 still left my party every time I loaded save. Not all victories boost morale (e.g. attacking Traders... FIX THIS), and victories that do boost it, offer so little. Therefore, all I'm left with is buying Morale. However, It would cost me 5000 10 000 gold (yeah really) to get my morale high enough to keep at least half of them. This is so IMBALANCED.

Oh yeah, and I love the logic behind Soldiers deserting my army whilst we're in the middle of the goddamn ocean...

Sadly, I have this much || patience left with this DLC.

Don't recruit 12 soldiers at once and if you do stash them in your Lair or castle. This way they won't run away (Native behavior). 

We will look into disabling recruiting/deserting on the water.

tomandre81 said:
Why can't you just give us a patch to download? Tedious to download full new version of 700 mb every time.

keep in mind that most players use Steam. With it you wont need to download more than a few MB. Steam has patchs.

The rest of the playerbase shouldnt have issues with a 700MB download. It is patch 2. Not like you need to download 700MB everyday. And if you do, its hard to believe that it would take more than a few minutes (if that) for most people. 700MB every week or two.

But it is a valid suggestion in any case.

Wheres my f**** patch!?!

(P.S.: Im normally a
truly patient person!
But the state of the
so called game is
pretty barefaced.)

kalarhan said:
tomandre81 said:
Why can't you just give us a patch to download? Tedious to download full new version of 700 mb every time.

keep in mind that most players use Steam. With it you wont need to download more than a few MB. Steam has patchs.

The rest of the playerbase shouldnt have issues with a 700MB download. It is patch 2. Not like you need to download 700MB everyday. And if you do, its hard to believe that it would take more than a few minutes (if that) for most people. 700MB every week or two.

But it is a valid suggestion in any case.

Seriously?! 700mb takes me a few hours!

After the new release the game lags as hell when I use ctrl + space to wait in the map...

I would downgrade if I could, I practically can't play like this...

I really want to play more of this, because what I have played is very good. I've sunk a lot of hours into it despite the bugs and the instability, but after this morning's patch, it's just unplayable.

• Probably the most disruptive error are the constant crashes. Windows displays a crash dialog forcing you to close the program, saying that "something has caused this program to stop working correctly." The detailed information is neither descriptive nor helpful; it seems to me that it may have something to do with a memory leak. Notably, this only seems to occur on the map screen while time is passing – either while you're on the march, or while you're camped somewhere.

• There seems to be massive frame rate lag while camping or passing time in any area. We're talking 10 FPS or less, here, and the chance of experiencing the above crashes while camping seems dramatically higher – again, suggesting to me that something isn't optimised, and causing undue strain on either the processor, memory, graphics card, or all three.

I've included a copy of my RGL_CONFIG text file:

first_time = 0
texture_detail = 100
render_buffer_size = 15
max_framerate = 60
start_windowed = 0
use_pixel_shaders = 1
use_vertex_shaders = 1
fake_reflections = 1
show_framerate = 0
use_ondemand_textures = 1
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1
disable_music = 0
disable_sound = 0
disable_frequency_variation = 0
cheat_mode = 0
enable_blood = 1
enable_edit_mode = 0
force_single_threading = 0
debug_mode = 0
display_width = 0
display_height = 0
display_bits = 32
antialiasing = 0
sample_quality = 0
alpha2coverage = 0
force_vsync = 1
shadowmap_quality = 1
shader_quality = 2
postfx_dof = 0
postfx_hdr = 0
postfx_autoexp = 0
flora_degrade_distance = 100.2703
flora_lod_detail = 1
use_instancing = 0
use_secure_connection = 0
max_number_of_connections = 16
look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0
music_volume = 0.4803
sound_volume = 0.4911
mouse_sensitivity = 0.9381
invert_mouse = 0
enable_lighting = 1
enable_particles = 1
enable_blood = 1
enable_character_shadows = 1
enable_accurate_shadows = 1
number_of_corpses = 3
grass_density = 50
combat_speed = 2
friend_combat_difficulty = 0
adapter_format = 0
reduce_combat_ai = 2
reduce_campaign_ai = 2
combat_difficulty = 0
display_labels = 1
display_targeting_reticule = 1
display_attack_direction = 0
turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 3
verbose_damage = 1
verbose_shot_difficulty = 1
battle_size = 0.3422
attack_direction_control = 2
defend_direction_control = 0
lance_control = 0
anisotropic_filtering = 1
enable_environment_shadows = 1
verbose_casualties = 1
verbose_experience = 1
realistic_shadows_on_plants = 1
number_of_ragdolls = 3
gamma = 2.2000
character_detail = 1.0000
character_shadow_detail = 1.0000
control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000
blood_stains = 1
use_winmm_audio = 0
enable_version_check = 1
enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1
realistic_headshots = 0
auto_gfx_quality = 0
enable_gamepad_vibration = 1

Here are my system specs, for the sake of completeness:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50 GHz  3.50 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Video Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
Chipset: GeForce GTX 745
Dedicated Memory: 3.1 GB
Total Memory: 4.0 GB

Video Card 2: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Chipset: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Dedicated Memory: 0 B
Total Memory: 1.8 GB

Please note that before this morning's patch, I did not have the instability crashes or the massive map lag. I'm not sure what was changed to cause such severe issues.

For the most part, I don't experience the texture problems other people do (textures not loading, terrain textures replaced by flat white, etc.), and while the initial load time is pretty hefty, it's not as severe as some users have been complaining (about five minutes or so with the processor and memory I have). Even so, I would expect more polish from the $14.00 price tag on this DLC, and it speaks to me of a disappointing lack of beta testing, or simply unsatisfactory beta testing.

I very much appreciate all the work that's been going into fixing these problems, though, and I'll continue to be patient while these issues are resolved. To this end, thank you all on the Brytenwalda and TaleWorlds teams for all of your hard work. :grin:

Germanic Celt said:
Seriously?! 700mb takes me a few hours!

Some people have slow connections.

If you have a 1Mbps (slow) it should take less than 2 hours
If you have a 10Mbps (medium) it should take 10min
If you have a 50Mbps (fast) it should take 2 min

Now if you still have a 56k (dial up) than my heart bleeds for you. That 90s noise the modem did when connecting... I dont miss it... at all hehe. It would take +24hours for a 700MB download.

ReynardFox said:
but after this morning's patch, it's just unplayable.

support forum. Sticky thread. Read that for guides on how to tweak your game.

Windowed mode. Force DX7. Single Thread. Turn off on demand. And others tweaks will allow you to play if you are having that bad with crashs.

1.03 should improve this issue (lets wait and see).

ReynardFox said:
I really want to play more of this, because what I have played is very good. I've sunk a lot of hours into it despite the bugs and the instability, but after this morning's patch, it's just unplayable.

• Probably the most disruptive error are the constant crashes. Windows displays a crash dialog forcing you to close the program, saying that "something has caused this program to stop working correctly." The detailed information is neither descriptive nor helpful; it seems to me that it may have something to do with a memory leak. Notably, this only seems to occur on the map screen while time is passing – either while you're on the march, or while you're camped somewhere.

• There seems to be massive frame rate lag while camping or passing time in any area. We're talking 10 FPS or less, here, and the chance of experiencing the above crashes while camping seems dramatically higher – again, suggesting to me that something isn't optimised, and causing undue strain on either the processor, memory, graphics card, or all three.

I've included a copy of my RGL_CONFIG text file:

first_time = 0
texture_detail = 100
render_buffer_size = 15
max_framerate = 60
start_windowed = 0
use_pixel_shaders = 1
use_vertex_shaders = 1
fake_reflections = 1
show_framerate = 0
use_ondemand_textures = 1
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1
disable_music = 0
disable_sound = 0
disable_frequency_variation = 0
cheat_mode = 0
enable_blood = 1
enable_edit_mode = 0
force_single_threading = 0
debug_mode = 0
display_width = 0
display_height = 0
display_bits = 32
antialiasing = 0
sample_quality = 0
alpha2coverage = 0
force_vsync = 1
shadowmap_quality = 1
shader_quality = 2
postfx_dof = 0
postfx_hdr = 0
postfx_autoexp = 0
flora_degrade_distance = 100.2703
flora_lod_detail = 1
use_instancing = 0
use_secure_connection = 0
max_number_of_connections = 16
look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0
music_volume = 0.4803
sound_volume = 0.4911
mouse_sensitivity = 0.9381
invert_mouse = 0
enable_lighting = 1
enable_particles = 1
enable_blood = 1
enable_character_shadows = 1
enable_accurate_shadows = 1
number_of_corpses = 3
grass_density = 50
combat_speed = 2
friend_combat_difficulty = 0
adapter_format = 0
reduce_combat_ai = 2
reduce_campaign_ai = 2
combat_difficulty = 0
display_labels = 1
display_targeting_reticule = 1
display_attack_direction = 0
turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 3
verbose_damage = 1
verbose_shot_difficulty = 1
battle_size = 0.3422
attack_direction_control = 2
defend_direction_control = 0
lance_control = 0
anisotropic_filtering = 1
enable_environment_shadows = 1
verbose_casualties = 1
verbose_experience = 1
realistic_shadows_on_plants = 1
number_of_ragdolls = 3
gamma = 2.2000
character_detail = 1.0000
character_shadow_detail = 1.0000
control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000
blood_stains = 1
use_winmm_audio = 0
enable_version_check = 1
enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1
realistic_headshots = 0
auto_gfx_quality = 0
enable_gamepad_vibration = 1

Here are my system specs, for the sake of completeness:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50 GHz  3.50 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Video Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
Chipset: GeForce GTX 745
Dedicated Memory: 3.1 GB
Total Memory: 4.0 GB

Video Card 2: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Chipset: Intel® HD Graphics 4400
Dedicated Memory: 0 B
Total Memory: 1.8 GB

Please note that before this morning's patch, I did not have the instability crashes or the massive map lag. I'm not sure what was changed to cause such severe issues.

For the most part, I don't experience the texture problems other people do (textures not loading, terrain textures replaced by flat white, etc.), and while the initial load time is pretty hefty, it's not as severe as some users have been complaining (about five minutes or so with the processor and memory I have). Even so, I would expect more polish from the $14.00 price tag on this DLC, and it speaks to me of a disappointing lack of beta testing, or simply unsatisfactory beta testing.

I very much appreciate all the work that's been going into fixing these problems, though, and I'll continue to be patient while these issues are resolved. To this end, thank you all on the Brytenwalda and TaleWorlds teams for all of your hard work. :grin:

You try this:
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0

And you try/play:
use_ondemand_textures = 1 --> or 0
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1--> or 0
force_single_threading = 0 --> or 1
force_vsync = 1 -->  or 0

You have two graphic card, are you using nvidia to run VC? This is important you use nvidia.

In original Warband each equpment piece is unique per faction except
side stuffs like gloves or horses - why not in VCs new version full release?

Captain Lust said:
-Deliver Cattle quest in Aescesdun - Fixed.

I am experimenting this bug right now, with my 1.165 warband and VC 1.02...

Edit: More specifically this bug: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320095.msg7598236.html

caddux said:
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere, not even in the patch changelog:

Is it savegame compatible?

It doesn't seem to be, since I have even more issues in my old saved game file. Starting a new game lessens the issues, although it doesn't seem to eliminate them completely.

Idibil said:
You try this:
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0

And you try/play:
use_ondemand_textures = 1 --> or 0
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1--> or 0
force_single_threading = 0 --> or 1
force_vsync = 1 -->  or 0

You have two graphic card, are you using nvidia to run VC? This is important you use nvidia.

Oops, I thought I mentioned that I've played with those specific settings, and it didn't seem to affect anything.

I'm not actually sure why my machine lists a secondary onboard video card. Nothing uses it, to my knowledge; I didn't even know it was included until I went poking about in my system settings – the NVIDIA otherwise lists as the default. And absolutely yes I'm ensuring it is using that for Warband and Viking Conquest; I wouldn't use an integrated card for anything that heavy.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, folks, I'll tweak this stuff shortly and see if any of it resolves the crashing or the map/camp lag. Hopefully it will! Have a good afternoon (or morning, or evening, wherever you are)! :grin:

EDIT (12/30/2014 @ 8:28PM EST): So as it turns out none of these options fixes any of the problems I'm having. Big surprise! I guess I'll just have to wait 'til this gets patched. Sad tuba sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom