Status
Not open for further replies.
illperipheral said:
Captain Lust said:
UPDATE (hotfix):
-Fix for sea party parthfinding.

(1.02 hotfix changes 26/12/14)

[...]

-Sea Travel fixed (You need to wait 33 ingame hours for old savegames)
I'm still having trouble with ship pathfinding (traders trying to travel through land and getting stuck). I went out to sea, waited 1 in-game week, saved and exited, restarted VC and loaded the game but I'm still seeing the same thing.

How do I fix this?

Yeah, merchants still will sit and run into the land. I'll put up screen shots later.

illperipheral said:
Captain Lust said:
UPDATE (hotfix):

[...]

I'm still having trouble with ship pathfinding (traders trying to travel through land and getting stuck). I went out to sea, waited 1 in-game week, saved and exited, restarted VC and loaded the game but I'm still seeing the same thing.

How do I fix this?

Confirm that you are using 1.02 latest version (TW did update yesterday). In our testing this is working well. Your merchant ships no move?

DeltaGun said:
reiksmarshal said:
I was able to build one without any issues in 1.02.
Are you sure it was 1.02? I'm not the only one to report that clicking "So order" on refuge menu just makes you camp in 1.02.

Well, if you builded refuge, demolish and rebuild, you could have problems (we are wroking on this), if it is your first refuge, surely you dont have problems.

Idibil said:
illperipheral said:
Captain Lust said:
UPDATE (hotfix):

[...]

How do I fix this?

Confirm that you are using 1.02 latest version (TW did update yesterday). In our testing this is working well. Your merchant ships no move?

DeltaGun said:
reiksmarshal said:
Are you sure it was 1.02? I'm not the only one to report that clicking "So order" on refuge menu just makes you camp in 1.02.

Well, if you builded refuge, demolish and rebuild, you could have problems (we are wroking on this), if it is your first refuge, surely you dont have problems.

Yes I'm sure it is 1.02 and I even double checked that I downloaded it yesterday. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321452.15.html I put screen shots there. It only appears to be merchants getting stuck now I haven't seen any other type of NPC get stuck yet.

Edit: No I just found some farmers who are stuck and a lord stuck.

Idibil said:
DeltaGun said:
reiksmarshal said:

No I have never built one, Im playing in Sandbox mode BTW. The build refuge button simply does nothing but make me camp. I have ~150 troops.

DeltaGun said:
Idibil said:
DeltaGun said:
reiksmarshal said:

No I have never built one, Im playing in Sandbox mode BTW. The build refuge button simply does nothing but make me camp. I have ~150 troops.

create a thread on support forum, include all your details and a savegame.

Cheers

The hotfix for the "deliver cattle" quest seems not to work if the quest has already been cancelled...

I use realism so I don't have any previous saves and I am not in the mood to start a new game  :grin: :grin:

I've waited for about a week and stil nothing happens...

Idibil said:

Yes, I'm running VC 1.02. There are traders stuck on land all over, some of them are stuck right on the city they're travelling to, others are stuck on random islands or on land that's near a non-port city, like they're trying to sail across land to get to it. There are also random farmers stuck on boats the same way, and sometimes armies also get stuck (although not as often as traders, or at least it seems that way).

This is a game that I started in VC 1.0. Any ideas on what to do? (other than start over, I really hope I don't have to do that). Can I just remove all existing traders on the map so they re-spawn perhaps? Would that fix their pathing?

Idibil said:

I was having a problem yesterday where I had gone into the camp options menu, then I went back and tried to build a refuge. When I clicked 'so order' to build it, it took me to the camp game options menu (where you can change stamina, gore, etc.). The only way I found to fix it was to quit the game and load my save again, but it did work after that.

Can confirm even with a new game in 1.02 some ships get caught on the coastline. Doesn't seem to be as many as before.

Sailing from Yns Mon to Aileach takes you over Ireland, and whilst it seems to attempt to line up with rivers there are none that would take a boat the full way and as a result you do a lot of cross-country, I imagine rowing on land is difficult work. This was in patch 1.02

The problem seems to be that naval units try to path straight into land when going for a particular city, and then they get stuck on it.

For example, hostile armies will path around islands no problem if they're chasing me, but if I go far enough away from them that they give up chasing me, they run straight back into land trying to go to their original destination. They always show a city destination when they get stuck like this as far as I can tell.

Ships are getting stuck after Saturday hotfix and on my game is causing CTD after a few days.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321452.msg7598562.html#msg7598562

I am doing the "expedition to england" quest. In the middle of the sea we were attacked by sven. After fleeing I spawned in water on horse not boat, thus causing crash after trying to land from sea. (i tried ctrl+click cheating, which also results in crash)

And now whenever i load the save (i played "realistic no quitting without save" mode), i am on horse in the middle of the sea. So when you fix this bug please make sure it also works for existing saves.

waterloong said:
I am doing the "expedition to england" quest. In the middle of the sea we were attacked by sven. After fleeing I spawned in water on horse not boat, thus causing crash after trying to land from sea. (i tried ctrl+click cheating, which also results in crash)

And now whenever a load the save (i played "realistic no quitting without save" mode), i am on horse in the middle of the sea. So when you fix this bug please make sure it also works for existing saves.

Spoiler dude. Use spoiler tag if you gonna talk about story stuff.

Did you try entering a port? Did you try to camp in sea? Did you try to attack someone? If attack on sea fails after battle, did you try letting them capture you?

If all above fails -> ask a dev how to edit the savegame to force you to turn into a boat...

and even with automatic saves (realism) you can still make backups. Just go to the savegame folder and copy the file. Its crazy to play a rpg without mannyy backups hehe  :mrgreen:

waterloong said:

And now whenever a load the save (i played "realistic no quitting without save" mode), i am on horse in the middle of the sea. So when you fix this bug please make sure it also works for existing saves.

Something similar happened to me, when I traveled with sven and other ships in the sea my model was a horse and not a ship too, they might want to check that.

kalarhan said:
waterloong said:

Spoiler dude. Use spoiler tag if you gonna talk about story stuff.

Did you try entering a port? Did you try to camp in sea? Did you try to attack someone? If attack on sea fails after battle, did you try letting them capture you?

If all above fails -> ask a dev how to edit the savegame to force you to turn into a boat...

and even with automatic saves (realism) you can still make backups. Just go to the savegame folder and copy the file. Its crazy to play a rpg without mannyy backups hehe  :mrgreen:

I took your suggestion and carefully entered a port. It did not crash! :grin:

(Before that I also tried
1. attacking someone, after which nothing changes.
2. camp, does not work. There is some debugging UI showing up, but there is no option to start camping)

But it will crash as soon as I leave the city from a certain radius, regardless of land or sea.  :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom