Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: 1.02 is now fully released.

Hello all,

We are working hard to keep improving the gameplay experience of Viking Conquest. The feedback and response to our efforts has been excellent so far; we would like to thank you for your continued support and for helping us to iron out the remaining issues with the DLC.

Once again, we are releasing a beta patch just to check that everything's working. As usual, we will be testing this ourselves and once we can confirm that single player is working, we will update the official servers to test multiplayer and then release through all channels.

This patch (1.02) includes the following fixes

- Scene props removed in some scenes for performance.
- Duel plain scene - re-done.
- Fixed bandit lair attack bugs
- Fix divisions
- Fix admin chat and announcement
- Fix player team in sea battle
- Adjust loot
- Extend ship orders
- Wessex foragers fixed
- handle busy lords in story better
- prevent pagan clergy from wearing crosses
- Odin's cave tweaks (Problem only show if you use cheats to kill all your enemies)
- Text problem fixed.
- Fixed "Stuck in coast after landing"
- Fixed "Problems with ferry near Caer Dyf" (wait 1-2 ingame days if you use savegame)
- Fixed "Lack of bandits in Norway"
- Fixed "Ship routes on land"
- Fixed "Walking area in Denmark too limited"
- Fixed "Funeral glitch"
- Fixed Doc doesnt cure light wounds
- Other minor fixes.

UPDATE (hotfix):
-Fix for sea party parthfinding.

(1.02 hotfix changes 26/12/14)

-Fixed shield meshes size.
-Sea Travel fixed (You need to wait 33 ingame hours for old savegames)
-Deliver Cattle quest in Aescesdun - Fixed.
-Grass changed to improve performance.
-Improved performance handling for larger scene files.

For those of you interested in trying the beta, here are instructions on how to enter it via Steam:

To select this, you need to right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" in your Library, select Properties, open the BETAS tab and enter "betapassword" then press Check Codes. Then select the beta from the dropdown menu. You may need to close and restart steam for the download to begin.

Thank you for your dedication towards this product, let's hope that this patch is effective! Downloading the beta now.

Thanks for the frequent updates but the transport and merchant ships not moving bug is still there. Thus making the game unplayable for many people.

It's a Sunday and you are working on a patch. It's been many moons since I worked on a Sunday. Please send my regards to the guys who stayed at the office longer then normal. With other games, I usually tell them to stay away from bad game releases, but with Warband I tell them to just wait a bit because the devs over at taleworlds are reliable folks. ;')

Can someone help me with a small problem?

My game has been saying Mount and Blade: Warband [beta] after completing the steps, but whenever I restart steam or login there is no update for the game at all, meanwhile I'm reading this and it says there's an update.

Nice, I really wasn't expecting a patch release on Sunday.

I'm glad to see you didn't try fixing every single bug.  Biting off too big of a chunk just creates more problems and slows the process down.  It's good to start getting into a rhythm of fewer higher confidence level patches.

Lucifer said:
Can someone help me with a small problem?

My game has been saying Mount and Blade: Warband [beta] after completing the steps, but whenever I restart steam or login there is no update for the game at all, meanwhile I'm reading this and it says there's an update.

Is it possible it downloaded when you weren't watching.  The first screen (where you select viking conquest mod) should say 1.165,  after the game loads and you're at the main start screen it should say 1.02 in the bottom right hand corner.  If it says those things you have the patch.  If it doesn't then go to steam library, right click game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.  If that doesn't work then rename the game <path to steam directory>\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband to something else and steam will re-install. 

Thank you for this patch.

Regarding the building of a refuge during a sandbox game: while the button to build a refuge now appears with this patch, it does not seem to build for me. I have 30 men in total.

Cheers,

Pahadron

Thanks for this!  Texts are back in place, finally can play with rest impact on morale again.

One tiny thing I noticed though, in game options, the easy recruitment  option seems to be in same line and overlap with resting morale option.

Otherwise looking good.

I've got black hole cities.  What I mean by that is that up to five trading ships or Christian monks or slave traders, even a lord's army of 250, are stuck on Ribe.  This goes for the cities in England as well.  The NPC parties say 'traveling to so and so', but never actually move.  They've all been there for months.  My immersion boner is slayed.

Captain Lust said:
- prevent pagan clergy from wearing crosses

You might want to stop pagan non-clergies from wearing crosses (I am sure Danmark is pagan and whoever being put on the Thing is also pagan by extension):
N8Ai3eM.jpg

Thank you for your great work.. i hope that it will fix the problem with getting stock on the map when i will use the 'travel from port to another port' option... i also had this problem in story mode, i sailed with my own ship the england to raid it, when i landen on shore, i suddenly had the half of my men and i couldnt get back in the ship somehow, please fix these problems also :smile:

Merry Christmas to you guys

Dennis

So far it is a vast improvement. There are still some issues however, such as traders/slavers being stuck in place on the map, as well as when "travelling to another port" from a city. Additionally, making camp pauses the game, so I cannot seem to make camp and pass time anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom