Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idibil said:
jackalz said:
I still have a major problem, every time i start the game it will take hours to get passed the first loading screen. The game gets stuck at loading textures. Once the game is up and running it will take like 10 seconds to respond to every mouseclick in game and menu. Anybody else has this problem? And is there a fix coming up?

LOADING SCREEN PROBLEM

Some players have problems in loading screen, this looks some configuration problem. The most them fixed with some these changes (you try one to one these options):

1. Auto Ajust in configuration options.
2. Disabling of use_pixel_shaders, use_vertex_shaders and fake_reflections
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0

3. Enabling force_vsync. Also, be sure to disable HDR mode (those options enabled together tend to cause performance issues)
4. Enabling force_single_threading = 1
5. Reinstall Warband and VC

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=319760.msg7563609#msg7563609

Hi Idibil, Hi all,

thanks a loot for the updates!

I have found some in the configuration options, before starting the game, but where can i change the following:

use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0
fake_reflections = 0

force_single_threading = 1

and also disable HDR? which file do I have to open?

thanks and greetings, Beron

damn, of course! :smile:

it works now! many thx Idibil!!! a wonderful game btw, it did not show the problem in the version 1.00 hotfix (no steam), so i was playing it for a while and i really love it  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

compliments to you all and keep up with the good work!

best regards, Beron.

Campaign map lag has become almost unbearable for me now, opposed to native being perfect (already saw Idibil say they're working on fixing that)

Idibil said:
Germanic Celt said:
Campaign map lag has become almost unbearable for me now, opposed to native being perfect (already saw Idibil say they're working on fixing that)

Fixed for 1.03. Sorry for delay, but we need to test some things before 1.03 is out.

No problem, it's nice to see such active devs. The fact that it's getting fixed is good enough for me.

Brentimus Maximus said:
I updated the base game as I failed to do originally.  Not a single crash this weekend!  I played probably 10 hours of the game.  :grin:

Really? A lot of people have had a slew of bugs and fairly fatal issues, prompting them to wait 'til 1.03 is released to play properly. You must have just the right build of computer or something. You're pretty lucky! Go, you. :mrgreen:

In the meantime, I found a trick that might help some of the other people suffering the horrible CTD issues – it's pretty simple and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it earlier. Just save and quit frequently, and reload your file. I know it's a pain in the arse, and the campaign map is still pretty seriously lagging, but it won't crash to the desktop and force you to reload the program, thus suffering through that bogged-down Loading Textures screen.

I know it's not really a fix or anything, but it's something! Hopefully it helps for those who really, really want to play in the meantime 'til 1.03 is released...

688aev.jpg

Germanic Celt said:

It's impossible not to get a CTD in certain situations, try having a fight with ~180 vs >300 troop battle in single player after many hours of play, for me it instantly CTD with a runtime error when starting a battle (it might be random though). I have also had it crash on "Save & Exit" once.

I have only ever had 2 CTDs ever, but only because those sizes of battles are not common. Also one of the towns in the game Alt clut I think has nearly all the objects in town not placed correctly, barrels and things hover a foot above the ground and you can tell things are missing/not completed.

edwardecl said:
It's impossible not to get a CTD in certain situations, try having a fight with ~180 vs >300 troop battle in single player after many hours of play, for me it instantly CTD

that varies alot depending on PC specs, configuration and the game configurations.

I played my last campaign (story, 1.02 version) with 1000 troops (500x500) and high graphics.

last big battle was 1537x1453 and it took me only 3 scenes (no reinforcements for some reason).

Story-mode tho you usually fight small battles as the game is balanced for a warlord (1 ship crew, 40-90 elites) and not a king (400 troops)

edwardecl said:
It's impossible not to get a CTD in certain situations, try having a fight with ~180 vs >300 troop battle in single player after many hours of play
Yeah same, if I open the game and go straight for a big battle there is no problem at all but if I'm playing for some hours and then go into a big battle it's always more buggy. I think that's a problem with the game since it happens on almost all the mods though.

Funnily enough I had a CTD just after I posted that, it was from a large battle :roll:

I actually do get lots of FPS drops, but I was one of the lucky ones when it came out as I have an average computer (4gb ram, 512mb vRam, i3 etc) yet I never had any Ctd's for any other reason than things that make other mods crash anyway.

Can we get a hotfix for the lag? I know it has been fixed for 1.03, but I still want to play now which is almost not possible without cheating.

kalarhan said:
edwardecl said:
It's impossible not to get a CTD in certain situations, try having a fight with ~180 vs >300 troop battle in single player after many hours of play, for me it instantly CTD

that varies alot depending on PC specs, configuration and the game configurations.

I played my last campaign (story, 1.02 version) with 1000 troops (500x500) and high graphics.

last big battle was 1537x1453 and it took me only 3 scenes (no reinforcements for some reason).

Story-mode tho you usually fight small battles as the game is balanced for a warlord (1 ship crew, 40-90 elites) and not a king (400 troops)

Well I have an AMD FX-3850, HD7850 (1GB) and 8GB of 1833 RAM. In large battles I'm talking 200 vs 50 bandits + an friendly army of 300 on the AI side, the game stutters every few seconds for a quarter of a second like it does in the siege battles in warband when people start killing each other but continuously, I'm assuming there is a scripting thing with formations doing that. Dunno what sort of CPU you need to play this game with larger battles then that at a playable frame rate.

Also the game has nasty graphical bugs at random, text appearing as a flat 3D object across the screen, menus not drawing of flickering at 30hz trying yo give you a siezure, once the health bars resized to the size of the screen for a battle, also happens with Warband on more than one graphics card, although oddly enough the Linux version does not seem to do that but the frame rate is much much worse in Linux.

Also to note, the Linux version of Viking Conquest loads faster than the windows version like more than twice as fast, and with the open source graphics driver you cant exit battles using tab, but with the AMD drivers you can quite strange.

If you didnt kill viking prisoner in Doccinga Village after some time he  find you on the  road and  starts dialogue  with you which cant be  ended no matter what. Doesnt matter if you work for Sons of Ragnar or English  kings...
Was it  repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom