Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
killer german shepard said:
i'm getting some really bad perfomance and stuttering during sea travel that wasn't in the previous version.  actually made me stop playing!  please fix! :neutral:

This. Once more, I'm hitting invisible walls at random locations in the water, and I'm virtually unable to travel my own direct route.

Thank you very much! I can finally continue my playthough  :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, I still can't get pass Odin's Cave -.-

One of the biggest issues still is landing point generation. Sailing close to the shores makes the game very laggy due to constant generation of new points, and what especially annoying is that the landing point spam is a thing even when you just wait near the shore or sail close to the point that was created just a second ago.

Would it be possible to somehow restrict the generation of new points if the player's party is in certain range from already created one? Though, really, I'd prefer a camp menu button for that, something like "find a spot for landing".
Also, one more thing. I think you should consider dropping special female versions of tunics completely, now that there's a proper female skeleton. At this point they just look horrible and eat up memory.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
One of the biggest issues still is landing point generation. Sailing close to the shores makes the game very laggy due to constant generation of new points, and what especially annoying is that the landing point spam is a thing even when you just wait near the shore or sail close to the point that was created just a second ago.

Would it be possible to somehow restrict the generation of new points if the player's party is in certain range from already created one? Though, really, I'd prefer a camp menu button for that, something like "find a spot for landing".

This.  Especially the last bit - great idea!

What do you mean by

Captain Lust said:
- Fixed "Looting Monasteries cost to much reputation"

Can I loot Monasteries without every faction, village, town and castle in the game being extremely hostile to me?
Or did you just reduce the penalty?

I bought this hoping to become a church-burner but it isn't very viable, mostly due to reputation with towns which means they'll have terrible prosperity if I own them.

mike56 said:
Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
Though, really, I'd prefer a camp menu button for that, something like "find a spot for landing".

I heavily second this.

Or your just able to land whereever you want in a flowing motion - witouth the landing point thing.
I know its doable since the sword and the axe mod has this. you just click somewhere and when your ship hits land your party appears and is able to move freely.

bram507 said:
I still can't sail to Douar-an-Enez because the friggin old sea captain says he's busy

Same.

5 minutes of walking to get to him just to hear "lol sorry m8 u dun wanna sailors? i need dem supplies real sorry m8" I want to kill this guy so much.

It's still unplayable for me and I still crash in SP even with 133% performance settings and textures at 70%. With textures at 100% and 131% performance settings I got a runtime error almost immediately. Still a long way to go.

hrotha said:
It's still unplayable for me and I still crash in SP even with 133% performance settings and textures at 70%. With textures at 100% and 131% performance settings I got a runtime error almost immediately. Still a long way to go.

I wonder why it is such different experience for everyone. With just 4GB ram and an old 1gm graphics card I can play SP fine until memory leaks eat the fps or I get in battle above 400 men on field.

GuardianOfBlind said:
hrotha said:

I wonder why it is such different experience for everyone. With just 4GB ram and an old 1gm graphics card I can play SP fine until memory leaks eat the fps or I get in battle above 400 men on field.
Yeah my game runs fine, until the memory leak kicks in now after playing it for longer than an hour.

Anyone else unable to update to 1.01?
Since I can't conquer ships I believe my game is stuck in 1.00.
I'm using the betapassword thing.

How do I know if I'm actually playing 1.01 or not?

Falconian said:

The main menu screen should have a number on the bottom right, mine says 1.01

Falconian said:

Did you downloaded something?

how does the capture ship mechanic work? 

ive raided a couple trade caravans.  have the skills for 3 ships (i only control one in my party)

running 1.01 and started a new game to test.

vcbing1 said:
how does the capture ship mechanic work? 

ive raided a couple trade caravans.  have the skills for 3 ships (i only control one in my party)

running 1.01 and started a new game to test.
There's a chance you'll get one, I've gotten two now. Maybe its something to do with looting skill the likelyhood of whether you'll get one.

How long before it comes out of the beta stage?

I have a slow internet, so downloading the beta fix only to be presented by the real one a couple of hours later isn't worth it for me.

Also, since we're talking about issues ITT aswell, the only ones I have so far are:

-Extremely low FPS even with lowered textures, I have an average-ish PC that can run Skyrim (for example) in its fullest, yet not VC. Battles with more than 100 men get to a ridiculous point where I only have 7-8 FPS and in sieges it's impossible because it drops to an astonishing 5 FPS.
-Odin's Cave (which I assume is fixed with the patch)

Other than that, not many more issues. Takes a long while to load, but nothing that bothers me too much.

As for suggestions for future patches, I have some:
-Two handed axes (Inb4 the "historical accuracy" gang drops and tells me I should commit Sudoku) because such a thing never existed, as if they weren't used by Gladiators in the Arenas)
-...that's about it, the content for the game is enough for me except for that little point. Perhaps more helmet variety?

(I know it's Seppuku, calm your breasts) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom