Viking Conquest Update 1.0 hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow raiders. :smile:

I am in desperate need of some help please if you aren't too busy looting and sacking villages. :grin:

I don't know how to configure this awesome looking Mod and would please love some help.
Should I be ticking the "force single threading" box?
What should I put in antialiasing?...
Should I tick "Force textures on demand"?

Etc, etc...

I run Windows XP 32 bit, my processor is Intel Core2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz with 3.25 GB RAM. My Graphics card is an ATI 4900 series.

Any help would please be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Nice fix! Today I crashed only 1 time!!

Notable bugs:
- If you enter the "Thing" near Ribe after its conclusion, you are stuck, you can't leave!
- At the "betrayal-fleet-flee" mission I spawned once offboard.
- if you get baptized and you were getting bad relations with all Christian kingdom, you have to make peace with them one by one (this is not a bug, but a odd thing)

Also...I can hangout with Sigurd's mother, Aslaug  :lol:

Did you get a key to the warband and vc? You can link them to steam and get it that way.

Actually, GOG does indeed included keys, in small print at the bottom of a user's library listing. I'd never noticed that before.  :oops:

GOG keys are DRM-free, they don't work with steam.

Not a fan of Steam, for that reason (among others). That's one major reason I've been buying from GOG, besides the prices.

Is it insane to think that I might be able to 1) download the playable demo for WB from Taleworlds, and then 2) activate with my GOG-related key(s)?

I bought through avantgate and just entered my keys in steam. Now I have the steam verified copy and the non DRM version.

I seem to be getting some serious lag even after using the hot fix on steam. This is strange as I can play native and Napoleonic wars on medium to high settings with no lag. I also played Brytenwalda on high settings and did not experience any lag. However when I play Viking Conquest with everything set to lowest and the screen resolution significantly smaller, I still encounter a lot of lag. This has happened when I fought my first battle in the story mode against the rebel guy and the battle where viking ships attacked the coast of the village and Sven Bull Neck was supposed to be there was just about unplayable for me due to lag.

Is there any reason for this? and If so will it be fixed soon.

Cheers, Borristherat

Great hotfix and all, but it did spawn newer (and more visually apparent) problems.

2014-12-14_00001.jpg

Oh by the way, did you guys change the overworld map icons to the default one in the above picture? Because I saw a lord with only this icon instead of the "intimidating force" icon.

borristherat said:
I seem to be getting some serious lag even after using the hot fix on steam. This is strange as I can play native and Napoleonic wars on medium to high settings with no lag. I also played Brytenwalda on high settings and did not experience any lag. However when I play Viking Conquest with everything set to lowest and the screen resolution significantly smaller, I still encounter a lot of lag. This has happened when I fought my first battle in the story mode against the rebel guy and the battle where viking ships attacked the coast of the village and Sven Bull Neck was supposed to be there was just about unplayable for me due to lag.

Cheers, Borristherat

Same for many people, and in general we have to wait for fixes cause its down to bad optimizing.
Meanwhile you can toy with the settings a bit, I have managed to get to the point where it runs very well, apart from memory leaks which force me to restart the game in hour or two if I want to keep it smooth. And my computer isn't new at all.
The actual in game graphics settings seem to do little if anything at all, so I just play on maximum, except AA off (mostly cause I think it makes this DLC look ugly and too blury/shiny, personal preference) and Fast water reflections ON (they say this one really has impact on performance). The settings in Configure tab in the launcher, and the mod settings are what you can try changing.
From what me and other people have tried, here are couple of things:

-switch autosave off in mod options (the game still saves as normal Warband does when you leave a place, autosave is just another save on top of that each 48h)
-force single threading in configure tab (depends on PC, for me it actually makes it run slightly worse, but some say it improves performance for them)
-turn Vsync off
-unless  you are using it a lot, try turning Steam overlay off (I swear this has caused some problem to me since NW)
-turn sound variation off
-set Load textures on demand in Configure tab
-turn as many background programs off as you can, the DLC uses insane amounts of RAM
-you can try to change some settings for this particular program in you graphics card settings (I only know about Nvidia cards). It sometimes forces some effects on the game that you would actually want off, try setting most on off, or on "Application controlled", but note your default settings in case things go bad. These will most likely only have an effect after you restart your computer.

GuardianOfBlind said:
borristherat said:

Cheers, Borristherat

Same for many people, and in general we have to wait for fixes cause its down to bad optimizing.
Meanwhile you can toy with the settings a bit, I have managed to get to the point where it runs very well, apart from memory leaks which force me to restart the game in hour or two if I want to keep it smooth. And my computer isn't new at all.
The actual in game graphics settings seem to do little if anything at all, so I just play on maximum, except AA off (mostly cause I think it makes this DLC look ugly and too blury/shiny, personal preference) and Fast water reflections ON (they say this one really has impact on performance). The settings in Configure tab in the launcher, and the mod settings are what you can try changing.
From what me and other people have tried, here are couple of things:

-switch autosave off in mod options (the game still saves as normal Warband does when you leave a place, autosave is just another save on top of that each 48h)
-force single threading in configure tab (depends on PC, for me it actually makes it run slightly worse, but some say it improves performance for them)
-turn Vsync off
-unless  you are using it a lot, try turning Steam overlay off (I swear this has caused some problem to me since NW)
-turn sound variation off
-set Load textures on demand in Configure tab
-turn as many background programs off as you can, the DLC uses insane amounts of RAM
-you can try to change some settings for this particular program in you graphics card settings (I only know about Nvidia cards). It sometimes forces some effects on the game that you would actually want off, try setting most on off, or on "Application controlled", but note your default settings in case things go bad. These will most likely only have an effect after you restart your computer.

How does one turn off vsync?

Where can I download the latest update for VC if I bought the game from Taleworlds' store? I downloaded latest 1.163 module but it still says I don't have the right VC version.

ultraman said:
Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but you tried 'Add game' in steam and entering the key? Is it a 16 digit key?
I have Warband through Steam and GOG both, and then bought VC through GOG. The 16 digit key  for GOG's VC comes up invalid when trying to add in in the Steam library.

Bashy McBashBash said:
Is it insane to think that I might be able to 1) download the playable demo for WB from Taleworlds, and then 2) activate with my GOG-related key(s)?
Didn't work for me for VC, but that doesn't mean it might not for some reason for somebody else.

I have to say that it's pretty deluding that no hotfix is up on GOG, regardless of the fact that since yesterday, it was publicly said that it was, but with this release, that doesn't surprise me.

I have to say that it's pretty deluding that no hotfix is up on GOG, regardless of the fact that since yesterday, it was publicly said that it was, but with this release, that doesn't surprise me.
Yeah the only thing that would suprise me anymore was if devs stopped lying.
These guys seriously said they didn't encounter any of the problems while testing... How stupid do they think we are?
Now they dont even manage to get their hotfixes up for everyone, but keep telling us "It's gonna be released soon". Also they read these threads but dont even bother to answer any of the questions directly.
Brytenwalda seems to be the most impudent development team ever.

WizardOfAtlantis said:
Bashy McBashBash said:
Didn't work for me for VC, but that doesn't mean it might not for some reason for somebody else.

I did end up trying this, and it "worked" for me. Kinda. Things look a bit brighter, etc. Still mostly broken as hell.

I'm not entirely sure if it's a permanent fix (i.e. if the game decides to ask for my keys at level seven, who knows), but it seems to have made the various pieces of content at least recognize each other. To quote the guy on the GOG forums who suggested this approach, "I got my game from GOG, but actually, before installing the patch and fix, I accidentally downloaded the full Warband v.1.163 instead of the patch you can find it on the same page:
https : // www . taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download
Just download the link under "Latest Version", not under "Latest Patch". You can freely install this as a trial version. I suppose it created some registry entries for me, which then allowed me to patch my GOG version without the problems you are having."

Again, this is a (possible) fix to apply the hotfix to a GOG.com version of the game. Which, as of this writing, apparently still does not have an official fixin' file. (!?!)

I noticed whilst attempting to play this that the slings are very inconsistent and difficult to use. Sometimes I will be able to release the stone when I want to and other times the sling will keep swinging around my characters head until it randomly is thrown.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

The hotfix solved the problems I was seeing that included frequent ctd and stuck npcs.

However I'm seeing a peculiar problem with "Your Personal Refuge". When I make camp somewhere on the map, it instantly teleports to me, garrison and all intact BUT everyone I've hired for the camp are gone. The name stays though.

I'm guessing it's not an intended feature to have your refuge follow you whenver you make camp but stay in the original location you placed it since you can tear it down for a fee?

I'm also noticing that anytime I get lag on the worldmap, it's due to the new "landing points" popping up and being removed while travelling by sea. I'm guessing there's some rework that could be done to optimize how they are created/removed to make the sea travelling experience smoother. Though it's nitpicking.

I'm also getting horrible lag in any battle of over 10 people. Also its kind of weird that your characters bald on map and when wearing any helmet/headgear in battle

I get 5-15 fps in these battles and I have a 4 ghz 8 core processor, 2 gb video card, and 8 gb of RAM

Asulador said:
Oh by the way, did you guys change the overworld map icons to the default one in the above picture? Because I saw a lord with only this icon instead of the "intimidating force" icon.

I think it depends on the number of men the lord have in his party.

I just got my first fort and started my kingdom. I left the fort and then i get the message that a person is approaching, my appointet minister - egil. after i finish talking to him and says that is all. It just goes back to the "someone is approaching screen" in an infinite loop!!

Only way to solve this i found is to change your minister then the message stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom