Viking Conquest Reforged - worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjorn83

Recruit
I'm new to Mount and Blade franchise. I recently have bought Bannerlord however I spotted there is something as Viking Conquest DLC for the part one of the game. I have a lot of fun with Bannerlord but as a real life passionate about IX-X Brittain and Vikings I would like to buy that DLC (its very cheap now). Would you recommend it? In terms of historical immersion.

Im only afraid of situation that after playing sometime Bannerlord which has much better graphics this older DLC will bounce me off..

Viking Conquest Reforged Edition is great, by many considered the best Mount&Blade game before Bannerlord.
It has some unique mechanics and very good immersion.

Im only afraid of situation that after playing sometime Bannerlord which has much better graphics this older DLC will bounce me off..

Well this is a possibility.
But imho you would rather be frustrated by its old clickfest Warband UI, than by ingame graphics which is actually quite ok.

Warband has a demo available, you could always try that out to see if graphics/general interface would be a deal breaker for you. You can also get an enjoyable somewhat Viking-style gameplay in vanilla Warband through the Nord faction, although it won't be as thematically fleshed out as Viking Conquest is (on the other hand you could try the Brytenwalda mod for Warband, it is made by the same people who made the DLC and offers a similar experience).

In my opinion, the previous Mount and Blade installments had such a good fundamental gameplay (in terms of the basic combat mechanics) that if you give them a chance they will offer you hundreds of hours of enjoyment and you will get over the graphics pretty quickly. I have 1500 something hours in that game myself and I am still playing it today, so obviously I might be a little biased. I am hopeful that Bannerlord will be a good game once they are done with it, but right now it just can't compare with what Warband can offer.

Back
Top Bottom