Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for reporting banner problem

Could you try a couple things in your rgl_config for frezee:

force_vsync : 1
  force_single_threading : 1

Other question, freeze problem is new with 1.091 or you had with 1.090? 

Sorry for not posting rgl_log, but didn't managed to chceck it after I found some errors/bugs (they're all in latest beta version):

- errors in sea_ai scripts (mostly: "invalid party id: -1")
- some bugs with armor replacing scripts
- bug with shipwright is still apperaing for some users

Masterancza said:
Sorry for not posting rgl_log, but didn't managed to chceck it after I found some errors/bugs (they're all in latest beta version):

- errors in sea_ai scripts (mostly: "invalid party id: -1")
- some bugs with armor replacing scripts
- bug with shipwright is still apperaing for some users
all fixed! And thanks for the report.

(shipwright in storyline should be working... unless someone is having trouble after latest Steam Patch)

Idibil said:

No need to thank me :smile:. I'm not sure, when did that update come out? Last time I played Viking Conquest (before today) was last week (before the server opened) do you think that might have affected my game in some way? But I'll try that to see if it works :grin:

UPDATE: I tried what you said, and it's still laggy :/

I have been playing Reforged Edition for a bit and just left Friese, the game is great, much more story focused than I was expecting.

No bugs so far, I will hold off making any suggestions at least till I have progressed further, so much more to see and do!

DavidTheAssassin said:
Idibil said:

No need to thank me :smile:. I'm not sure, when did that update come out? Last time I played Viking Conquest (before today) was last week (before the server opened) do you think that might have affected my game in some way? But I'll try that to see if it works :grin:

Other couple ideas:

- Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used). Sometimes your game can crash because you run out of system resources (mainly video memory), could you try closing all other applications you have open in your background, like browsers and so on.
-Steam may be forcing compatability mode on you. Turn that off to avoid memory issues.
http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/
Do note that you might not have to do the rededit bits. Just try step 1 by itself at first.
-Add 1 GB to your PC  :grin:

Sorry, but I can already say the final release will most likely be postponed.
The two weeks were a goal with many variables in between.
Had we only fixed bugs 2 weeks would have been realistic, but we've received a lot of good feedback so far,
and some of the features have been expanded due to this. That requires extra work and testing.

Adorno said:
Sorry, but I can already say the final release will most likely be postponed.
The two weeks were a goal with many variables in between.
Had we only fixed bugs 2 weeks would have been realistic, but we've received a lot of good feedback so far,
and some of the features have been expanded due to this. That requires extra work and testing.

Well, damn. I was really bloody hyped for these days, but alright. I guess the end result will be even more badass than I've imagined :grin:

Idibil said:
DavidTheAssassin said:
Idibil said:

Other couple ideas:

- Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used). Sometimes your game can crash because you run out of system resources (mainly video memory), could you try closing all other applications you have open in your background, like browsers and so on.
-Steam may be forcing compatability mode on you. Turn that off to avoid memory issues.
http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/
Do note that you might not have to do the rededit bits. Just try step 1 by itself at first.
-Add 1 GB to your PC  :grin:

The game is fixed! I didn't do anything I just started it again and for some reason it isn't laggy anymore :grin:
The banner is still glitched, but the game runs smoothly again! Thank you for your care and wasted time :3

Hi Guys,

I'm having a issue where i can't pledge loyalty to any king in VC ( the option don't appear)
I'm playing  the reforged edition, of course... maybe is because my reputation is to low? (-332)

Regards
Crow

Jinto777 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm having a issue where i can't pledge loyalty to any king in VC ( the option don't appear)
I'm playing  the reforged edition, of course... maybe is because my reputation is to low? (-332)

Regards
Crow

fixed for next patch (dialog issue).

Remember you still need to pass the conditions tests (renown, good relations, ...). And only on Sandbox modes

Hey,

Thanks for the answer

Yeah, i'm in sandbox and have 730 renown
But i have only 6 relation with the first king i tried (Jarl Halfdan Ragnarson)
Well, i'll wait for the next patch. Do you happen to know when this will update?

Regards
Crow

craftyguy said:
Mustafa Korkmaz said:
What is your distro, GPU and GPU driver? Are you on open beta?
Arch Linux, kernel 4.0.7
Nvidia GTX750 Ti, driver 352.21
Yes, I'm on open beta.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? I still experience a crash after character creation when using the lowest graphics settings.

By the way, using a forum like this is a horrible way to "officially" support a game, especially one that many of us have purchased. Reports/replies seem to be lost in the endless flood of banter, and it's very difficult to track the progress of issues reported here.

To report a issue: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334284.0.html

For feedback:
- on leveling your troops: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334286.0.html
- on money (economy) : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334285.0.html
- general: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,333383.0.html
- Mac/Linux: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,334283.0.html

craftyguy said:
By the way, using a forum like this is a horrible way to "officially" support a game, especially one that many of us have purchased. Reports/replies seem to be lost in the endless flood of banter, and it's very difficult to track the progress of issues reported here.
we have a support subforum where you can create threads to discuss technical issues related to your game: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

The sticks threads are for general topics: feedback, issues, and so forth  :smile:

HawFenix said:
I can ambush my enemies on the RE open beta ? How ?
You and the AI have a chance to start a ambush instead of a normal battle.

Jinto777 said:
But i have only 6 relation with the first king i tried (Jarl Halfdan Ragnarson)
Well, i'll wait for the next patch. Do you happen to know when this will update?
You need good relations with the faction AND the king, can't have the join faction quest (unless you are talking to the quest target), good renown, ... But we had a dialog bug that prevented you from asking a king twice that will be pushed on next Steam Patch (soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom