Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.049 - 2.050

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Steam reverted after the bug was discovered, but this is not the issue.

I say it differently : why is there a release 2.048 on Steam that does not exist on TaleWorlds site ?
Why do we play 2.048 on Steam when TaleWorlds is still distributing 2.044 ?
Why Steam and TaleWorlds do not deliver the same version ?

Because these couple of days is just a temporary period while the VC devs fix and release 2.049. Steam pushed an auto-update to all users taking them to the bugged 2.049, so another autoupdate had to be pushed to revert everyone to 2.048.

As to why they picked 2.048 instead of all the way back to 2.044, I imagine it was just convenient, safe, and ensured that the other fixes wouldn't be needlessly rolled back. As to why they don't put 2.048 up on Taleworlds too, I imagine because they never intended it as a release, and it wouldn't be worth the effort since 2.049 will be ready soon anyway, and they are busy getting it ready.

I imagine because they never intended it as a release
And this is the core of my question: if it was not intended to be an official release, why release 2.048 has been pushed to all users on Steam?

Understand me well. This is only a matter of principle: Steam users do not belong to a test lab and should not be forced (because they have no choice) to use temporary releases! All sites should have the same version at the same time: TaleWorlds, Steam and GOG. :smile:

Version 2.048 is basically 2.044 with German language support. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancy.

The good news is that we may be able to reconstitute save games damaged by 2.049. We are looking into that now.

As motomataru has already explained, the only difference between the website version and the one on Steam is that German language support has been included in the Steam version. Our intention was to make that addition available with the 2.049 version on our website and GOG.

OK, thanks for the answer!  :smile:

As soon as version 2.049 is definitively out, I'll take the time to finish the French translation. Today a FR version exists for 2.036 but it is not complete.

Interrested to distribute it officially, as the German one?

We just pushed out the 2.050 patch to all users on Steam and have updated the download links on our website. GOG users will receive the update as soon as it passes through their QA, however, they currently have access to the same game content as the other versions, the only difference is that their game shows an incorrect version number in the in-game menu.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/News/285

PATCH NOTES (2.050)

- reverses the damage to save games caused by the previous update
- fix Odin cave logic and make it more informative
- balance Odin cave to player level, skills
- make Douar narrative less confusing
- clean up ghost parties
- complete allowing Marshal to demand prisoner releases
- fix slot_party_home_center failures: ports, refugees, change center faction, defeated faction trigger
- fix work dialogs
- prohibit player indictment by pretender
- reset last story battle when its state is somehow corrupted
- redo battle immersion to avoid sound overload and improve shield taunt
- fix AI by initializing $teams_last_fighting properly
- German localisation added

...Probably better if title thread will be changed on 2.050... :wink:

ciauz^^,
Jab

RyanMan12 said:
still getting sound bug

post on the support area and include all the info like: rlg_log.txt, computer specs, Warband and VC versions, where do you download it from (store you bought the game) and a download link to a current savegame file.

then clarify your bug with a description of what and where it happens. If you want to include screens and videos that works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom