Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.049 - 2.050

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viking Conquest 2.049 is in beta. If you have opted for the beta on Steam, then you should automatically receive the update. Others may access the patch at BSL Patch Link.

The Viking Conquest Reforged Edition download page will be updated by full release.

- fix Odin cave logic and make it more informative
- balance Odin cave to player level, skills
- make Douar narrative less confusing
- clean up ghost parties
- complete allowing Marshal to demand prisoner releases
- fix slot_party_home_center failures: ports, refugees, change center faction, defeated faction trigger
- fix work dialogs
- prohibit player indictment by pretender
- reset last story battle when its state is somehow corrupted
- redo battle immersion to avoid sound overload and improve shield taunt
- fix AI by initializing $teams_last_fighting properly
- fix reversed arguments so the player can woo Thora
- add German localization

The change log looks great, thanks to you and the rest of the VC developers for your continued work and improvement of this wonderful game!

The patch is now live for everyone!

Steam and GOG users should have received this patch automatically, for everyone else, you can access it on our downloads page: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/Download

So, well the update rolled out, and I ran into some trouble with the fact that the guys in Aileach, the leader most notably, apparently joined Mumain and attacked me despite me only being at war with Mumain and not Aileach. So it bugged my all my saves a little bit, any tips?

EgillSkallagrimsson said:
So, well the update rolled out, and I ran into some trouble with the fact that the guys in Aileach, the leader most notably, apparently joined Mumain and attacked me despite me only being at war with Mumain and not Aileach. So it bugged my all my saves a little bit, any tips?

Yea looking around on the patchnotes as well as my own saves it looks like the new patch has a game-breaking bug that causes everyone to mess up factions.

arteofwar said:
Is this going to be fixable or is my game ruined?

I am sure the VC devs will fix the bug, but it takes time to do so and release a patch, especially when the reports start coming late on Friday.

You can keep your saves from before the patch, and wait for a fix to come. Or, if you can’t wait, you can try looking for the 2.044 files to reinstall that version. Or download the 2.044 module system and compile it yourself. Or install a save compatible mod that is built on 2.044 and that will revert you automatically.

My backup in the documents folder saved before the update so i fixed my ruined save! I just deleted the currupted save and copied and pasted the backup renaming it after the ruined one. I don't know if this will save anyone else but it is worth a try. Check: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames
if you have a backup save before the update you may be ok. Now i will check for updates before launching and go offline mode in steam until I hear the update is safe.

I deeply regret to say that the problem came from a 20-hour trigger. There is decreasing chance before 20 game hours pass that a save will not be corrupted. Unfortunately, this is one corruption (unlike the one we were fixing) that we can't fix.  :oops:

This patch has temporarily been rolled back to fix a critical bug. As soon as that issue is fixed, we will push the updated patch out to all users. Sorry for the inconvenience!

kalarhan said:
Please remember to update the source as well, website is still with 2.044
Our normal provision of the source upon release is delayed while we test the fix to 2.049.

Just a missed test, but as usual the smallest things lead to the biggest disasters. (Sigh)

Daneel53 said:
In this case why is Steam already in release 2.048 that, officially, does not exist ?

Because the VC devs acted as quickly as they could Saturday morning to help as many players as possible, and reverting was the way to do that. Not really the time to worry about amending release notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom