Viking Conquest: Patch to 2.025 UPDATE: Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 2.025 is now in Steam beta (instructions below). Any feedback you can give us on the changes is appreciated, as always.

EDIT: 26 July 2016: the beta has been updated to fix bugs caused by the previous version. Also added a few things -- see 2.025 change list. Please let us know here if there are any other bugs caused by the beta. Other issues, please report on the normal support board https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html.

EDIT: 6 Sept. 2016: the update has been released

Changelog 2.024
- have player refuge always be in player supporters' faction
- apply player kingdom color to refuge, landed ships, quarters
- add player kingdom color change function to camp menu
- ensure NPC in party does not become adventurer
- overhaul duel system, mainly to set opponent properly
- deactivate player kingdom properly, using the script for that (NPCs on mission and prime minister now return)
- fix mission trigger time and make mission reports the priority
- have npc_mission_seek_recognition embassy_results include the other three logical outcomes
- drop missions that have no dialog in case a companion somehow ends up with one
- override prisoner escape chance properly
- rewrite auto-defect trigger
- add cultural considerations to new faction pick
- prevent random event losses for raiding villages during siege when not actually doing so
- remove lovers' system that was making all ladies adulteresses
- use correct title strings for Scots/Irish and fix other inconsistencies and omissions
- fix ask peace dialog
- fix ambiguity in player/faction relations (removes ability to threaten own kingdom's caravans)
- add Mod ID string
- place sound controls in mission templates to make sure loop tracks are killed
- add ambiance to lair interiors
- fix refuge chest
- fix logic of child count dialogs
- fix bard improve relations with lady
- fix behavior of rescued lords
- fix behavior of ambiance neutrals during jailbreak
- fix "hole" in recruit permission dialog when already have it
- move recruit permission update from triggers to script
- player loses permission to recruit in center that gets new owner
- fix fiefs string for lord select for fief
- remove player picture from refuge menu
- fix troop training management
- unset g_encountered_party when it is removed (invalid party bug)
- add proper conditions to Hadrian Wall dialog and kill experience reward exploit

Changelog 2.025
- fix tutorial message for Roman Baths ruins
- adjust pricing formulas (attempt to prevent changes from buying/selling same article)
- disable some monastery options when learning to read (early exit exploit)
- disable scouts (and their loss) at sea
- shut down random events at sea
- exclude non-normal villages from lute search (quest was blocked when village inaccessible)
- allow slaughter of non-quest cattle after cattle delivered
- correct standard bearer report on Camp Menu
- allow only one town recruiting run from whatever menu (recruit picking exploit)
- clean up event_triggered dialogs, particularly for returning party members
- check spiral death cam is finished before attempting to leave scene
- attempt to eliminate sometime corruption of refuge text
- make immersive default ship names
- reinitialize item info (wiped out in someone's save game by unknown cause)
- fix craftsmen names
- test slot_faction_political_issue properly (has two default values, which rendered the system inoperative half the time)
- fix debug message producing false commander mismatches
- fix and improve mutiny duel trigger
- add backstop at automenu trigger to ensure campaign death after mutiny duel loss **CANCELED**

FACTION RESTORATION
- process just one faction at a time
- adjust rate of restorations to about 1/month at end of game
- produce no more than one "Possible Rebellion" message (if no rebellion), and have it escalate with number of walled centers
- remove player-based all-or-nothing phaseout
- make lord defection dependent on current king relation
- make sure faction leader joins resurgent faction
- avoid giving money to undefined troop
- fix the growth of the rebellion, include adventurers
- bring in supporting lords if rebellion threatened (to avoid stranding them if faction is destroyed AGAIN)
- avoid auto-war with player

FAST-TRACKED DURING BETA
- fix dog interference with army orders (order ALL bug)
- fix hire refuge armorer
- allow visit village leader at night from menu
- prohibit battle panel by down player (leading to crazy camera)

BINARIES
- Viking banner textures (fix some white backgrounds)
- scn_caravanatacada.sco
- scn_castle_37_exterior.sco

Instructions for opting into the beta on Steam:
(Remember that you can also use your Warband Key in Steam if you bought your game directly from Taleworlds)

In the Steam Library, right click "Mount & Blade Warband" and select "Properties"
    In the window that opens, navigate to the "BETAS" tab
    In the "BETAS" tab, where it reads "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:", enter the code betapassword exactly as shown
    Click "CHECK CODE" and upon confirmation that the beta has been successfully opted into, select "beta" from the dropdown menu on the same screen
    Close the window and allow the game to update
    The Reforged Edition 2.025 beta will now be activated when you play Viking Conquest

When will we be able to "officially" download this new, sexy patch? Should it take around the same time of the previous one?

Lemble said:
I don't want to be an ass.hole but half of the bugs people reported are still there
We'll review your posts. Thanks for pointing out problems -- more than one fix were a direct result.
Flavius Drusus said:
When will we be able to "officially" download this new, sexy patch? Should it take around the same time of the previous one?
TW usually lets the beta run a week or two...

There is a problem with the buttons at the camp menu. Half of the "Followers' Camp" button is over the "Map Colour" button. I took a screenshot as well: http:// steamcommunity. com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720893002 (Sorry for the spaces in the link but the forum said I can't post links so I had to do it.)

ShadowRider said:
There is a problem with the buttons at the camp menu. Half of the "Followers' Camp" button is over the "Map Colour" button. I took a screenshot as well: http:// steamcommunity. com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720893002 (Sorry for the spaces in the link but the forum said I can't post links so I had to do it.)
Oh, there was a part-time button there! Thanks for the report...

Lemble said:
*feels abandoned*
The new version 2.025 should become official any day now.

I'm about half-way through your list of issues. I still can't reproduce the problem with the entire army ignoring orders. Of course, all of those fixes will be in the next release. Sorry for the slow turnover, but we make sure everything is tested out now!

Hi there,

it seems it is no longer possible to directly talk to the Village Leader through the quick menu, you have to "physically" walk your way to him inside the village in order to talk to him. Not just the first time, but ALWAYS.

Is this a bug or intended?

Lolazokaparzo said:
Hi there,

it seems it is no longer possible to directly talk to the Village Leader through the quick menu, you have to "physically" walk your way to him inside the village in order to talk to him. Not just the first time, but ALWAYS.

I thought this as always the case in VC, something to do with a limitation caused by the fancy scenic menu.

kraggrim said:
Lolazokaparzo said:
Hi there,

I thought this as always the case in VC, something to do with a limitation caused by the fancy scenic menu.

??? It's working for me for Cirren Ham East in both 2.023 and 2.025. Can you send me a save game and name of village?

It is a real issue on my end. I approach a city's mayor during daytime and I have to walk there physically every time I want to talk to him. It doesn't show up in the quick menu like before after I talked to him the first time.

For Local leaders in villages, there is no "talk to village leader" button anymore in the quick menu, instead it is hidden behind "recruit Volunteers" that shows me the Local leader when I attempt to get new recruits.

How can I attach a save file to this post so someone can look into it please?

Just wondering, what is meant in 2.023's changelog when you say fix troop training management ? Is there a way to get them above t.3 now ?

Lolazokaparzo said:
It is a real issue on my end. I approach a city's mayor during daytime and I have to walk there physically every time I want to talk to him. It doesn't show up in the quick menu like before after I talked to him the first time.

For Local leaders in villages, there is no "talk to village leader" button anymore in the quick menu, instead it is hidden behind "recruit Volunteers" that shows me the Local leader when I attempt to get new recruits.

How can I attach a save file to this post so someone can look into it please?

Did an integrity cache check on steam, started a new campaign and it seems to have been fixed. Not a clue what was causing it in the first place, I don't play with mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom