Viking Conquest: Patch to 2.025 UPDATE: Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i use vctweeks/2.023 module with 2.025 or do i have to wait for vctweeks to be updated and the new release of the module source, sorry if this has been asked before

motomataru said:
It ought to be. I routinely use my save game from 2014.

How did you do with that update that changed the relationships between companions? I know it was suggested to start a new game to avoid possible issues with them (to the people that were worried about it). Connected to this topic:

motomataru said:
There were some fundamental systems that were altered in the 2.024/2.025 patch, so it is taking longer than usual to get it out.

These changes won't cause any problem when using a 2.023 save file then?

Flavius Drusus said:
motomataru said:
It ought to be. I routinely use my save game from 2014.

How did you do with that update that changed the relationships between companions? I know it was suggested to start a new game to avoid possible issues with them (to the people that were worried about it). Connected to this topic:
I use it just to check that the game is still technically loading and working for a particular change.
Flavius Drusus said:
motomataru said:
There were some fundamental systems that were altered in the 2.024/2.025 patch, so it is taking longer than usual to get it out.

These changes won't cause any problem when using a 2.023 save file then?
Most of the changes in this last patch were fixes to such problems. See reports above.

motomataru said:
I use it just to check that the game is still technically loading and working for a particular change.

Oh, ok. The way you said it before seemed to imply it was working completely fine for an actual playthrough.

motomataru said:
Most of the changes in this last patch were fixes to such problems. See reports above.

Many reports don't specify if the guys started a new game to test the beta or if it was a save file from a previous patch, so I wasn't really sure.

When the player is the marshal of a faction, is it normal that whenever he goes to a port to request a transport the NPC says " your army is too big marshal " or something along those lines even if you just have less than 10 soldiers with you and no Lords currently following you?

Long ass question, sorry but that's that.

Lolazokaparzo said:
When the player is the marshal of a faction, is it normal that whenever he goes to a port to request a transport the NPC says " your army is too big marshal "

yes, as a marshal you need your own ships (this is a tech limitation on how the feature works)

So bought the game and set it to the new beta patch and start a new game in Norway and i enter a farmstead and out of nowhere I get access to 205 cattle... This is a bug right? Do you know about it? and will I have to start all over if it gets updated?

BiggiF said:
So bought the game and set it to the new beta patch and start a new game in Norway and i enter a farmstead and out of nowhere I get access to 205 cattle... This is a bug right? Do you know about it? and will I have to start all over if it gets updated?

As far as I remember from earlier versions, this is not a bug. It is a result of your choice when creating a character.

Just free meat that will soon rot in your inventory or some petty pocket change for early game. Nothing game breaking or relevant.

I've got another question if I may, not sure if it is a bug but I've built Christian Chapels in all my holdings (Dublin and its 2 villages) and it doesn't seem to convert the population even though around a 100 ingame days have passed.

Is it working as intended?

It's not a definite thing, there's some random chance involved. But on average it should move towards Christianity eventually.

kraggrim said:
It's not a definite thing, there's some random chance involved. But on average it should move towards Christianity eventually.

Thank you  :grin:. I just noticed dublin north go from non accepting christians to now tolerate them.

motomataru said:
We'll let it remain in beta two weeks more. If it turns out not to cause any more major bugs, we'll release it.

Don't mean to sound impatient, but.. well, I'm getting impatient.  :razz:  Seems to me our two week time out is over soon.  Any chance we'll see 2.025 this week?

Yondering said:
motomataru said:
We'll let it remain in beta two weeks more. If it turns out not to cause any more major bugs, we'll release it.

Don't mean to sound impatient, but.. well, I'm getting impatient.  :razz:  Seems to me our two week time out is over soon.  Any chance we'll see *.25 this week?

^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom