Viking Conquest - Loading Textures . . . (Solutions?)

Users who are viewing this thread

I bought both M&B:W and Viking Conquest through Taleworlds website the 2nd of this month. I started VC up, and the first problem I encountered was the sudden halt at 'Loading Textures.' Of course,  I closed it and restarted it a few times until I searched the forums for answers. I found that some people said the loading just takes a while, so I waited it through and after waiting, I couldn't play due to the game being so slow. I have the latest version of Warband, and VC so that isn't the problem. I tried checking the 'Textures on Demand' box, un-checking the 'Use Pixel Shaders' box and setting it to Direct x7, and it was still the same.

My question is am I missing something? Is there a possible solution that I missed?

I understand perfectly that these things aren't as simply fixed as most would want them to be. It takes time, concentration and knowledge to work these things out. So I won't insult, threaten to "un-fan" or criticize the developers for these problems. I will wait patiently for a solution to be found. I respect the developers and understand the humility they endure when childish people whine when there's a problem.

I have plenty of other things to preoccupy my mind in the meantime. Such as the Mods Gekokujo and L'Aigle.

But any helpful advice or reassurance that I checked everything would be welcomed and appreciated. =]

Thank you, but I've tried all the advice given so far. I've come to the conclusion that the game just needs another update. I play Native and other Mods perfectly, so it has to be the game. But thanks anyways! =D

Yeah I saw. But they have it on Steam, and I hate Steam lol. I'm hoping they'll release the fix on all fronts as well. Or else I'm just gonna get a refund since I wouldn't be able to play :L

Back
Top Bottom