Viking Conquest issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and how do i do that? do you have any links to guides etc? Im using steam version on windows 7. thanks!

Clee said:
... and how do i do that? do you have any links to guides etc? Im using steam version on windows 7. thanks!
Character-attributes-stats-export. Start new game, character-attributes-stats-import

I am having an issue using spears in 1.04.  When I or my troops use spears the enemy is always knocked unconscious instead of killed.

Save:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9vabaf

For this save I:

-Used steam to "verify integrity of game cache"
-Started a new sandbox game
-Turned off all custom options
-Kept default character creation options

Once in game used cheat menu to give troops (spear using Veterens), then attacked people.
yW6hh.jpg
Tt9Du.jpg

It seems to be the same when I personally used a spear, but when I used an axe they died. I don't know if this issue affects enemy troops. Any suggestions?

Camp Warfare:
The camp always gets looted at the start of the battle in camp defense battles resulting in the loss of a few hundred pennies.

The fortifified camp does not provide enough room to properly deploy the troops. The wooden pikes should be deployed about 20m in front of the tents in order to provide enough room to place the units.

The refuge is especially difficult to handle, more space would also improve the usability of fighting in this position rather than having the troops running around the wall outside.

Also the attacker spawns too close, leaving not enough time to arrange the troops.

Coastal attack:
Coastal attacks do not trigger a war even when the city is occupied.

Dublin coastal attack needs a fix for the pathfinding of the defenders, they try to run through the closed wall/door towards the beach, leaving them in a zombielike state waiting to be slaughtered from behind.

I am having an issue using spears in 1.04.  When I or my troops use spears the enemy is always knocked unconscious instead of killed.

Yes we are aware of that, it is because spears have blunt swing damage. If you want an immediate fix, change it to cut.

I tryd to ransom a prisoner lord of my kingdom but it fails all the time imidiately, as well as a "default message" (gothi of the neutrtal) referring to a party the message was sent to.

[img=http://s15.postimg.org/q5xzcusxj/2015_05_12_00004.jpg]

The prison break in ceal cainnigh also seems to be bugged, the lord is hostile at the breakout as well as the citizens attack the guards. Has not happened anywhere else yet.

Both of my Busse ships downgraded from Oak to Ash without any apparent reason.
Is that supposedly to happen?

Regards
Crow

Jinto777 said:

Regards
Crow
Are you playing a Story campaign, and were those ships each in the #5 position in your fleet (though not at the same time, obviously)? If so, that should be fixed for the next version:

Phaiak said:
And also this one which was very special:
Wheem said:
Wheem said:
The #5 position ship in my fleet changes the type of wood that it's made out of if I leave it in a port overnight (either staying at sea or leaving it on the beach seems fine, with no apparent issues). I first noticed this when one of my Snekkja downgraded itself from Oak to Ash, so I started experimenting a bit, and discovered that the bug seems to only affect the #5 ship slot in the fleet, no matter what ship is in said position.

Thinking that this could be an issue with my particular save(s) being screwy, I started up a brand new Story Campaign to test it out. As soon as the initial Woden Ric battle was over, I cheated myself a lot of gold, and teleported around between Lundenwic, Dorestad, and Ribe, buying up a total of 6 ships, then repaired them all and started waiting in the port at Ribe. Sure enough, my #5 ship (starting out as a Pine Skeid) downgraded itself to Ash, then upgraded to Oak after waiting another day or two. I wasn't familiar enough with this particular fleet to be 100% sure that none of the other ships changed as well, but I think they all remained the same.
After playing with the previously mentioned sandbox game, it seems to me that this issue is limited to story campaigns. I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing it, or if there is indeed something up with my install (though I did reinstall the game with a 1.153 full version of Warband, which was then patched to 1.167 + VC installed).

Wheem said:
Jinto777 said:

Regards
Crow
Are you playing a Story campaign, and were those ships each in the #5 position in your fleet (though not at the same time, obviously)? If so, that should be fixed for the next version:

Phaiak said:
And also this one which was very special:
Wheem said:
Wheem said:
The #5 position ship in my fleet changes the type of wood that it's made out of if I leave it in a port overnight (either staying at sea or leaving it on the beach seems fine, with no apparent issues). I first noticed this when one of my Snekkja downgraded itself from Oak to Ash, so I started experimenting a bit, and discovered that the bug seems to only affect the #5 ship slot in the fleet, no matter what ship is in said position.

Thinking that this could be an issue with my particular save(s) being screwy, I started up a brand new Story Campaign to test it out. As soon as the initial Woden Ric battle was over, I cheated myself a lot of gold, and teleported around between Lundenwic, Dorestad, and Ribe, buying up a total of 6 ships, then repaired them all and started waiting in the port at Ribe. Sure enough, my #5 ship (starting out as a Pine Skeid) downgraded itself to Ash, then upgraded to Oak after waiting another day or two. I wasn't familiar enough with this particular fleet to be 100% sure that none of the other ships changed as well, but I think they all remained the same.
After playing with the previously mentioned sandbox game, it seems to me that this issue is limited to story campaigns. I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing it, or if there is indeed something up with my install (though I did reinstall the game with a 1.153 full version of Warband, which was then patched to 1.167 + VC installed).

Hey,

I was playing Sandbox, but both ships get to the #5 position when i merged the fleet, indeed.
There is some way to recover? I'm very upset with this

Regards
Crow

From what I saw, any ship in the #5 position may change its wood type if left to sit in a port overnight (being left on the beach or at sea when the day changed didn't trigger the bug). You'll need to either load an earlier save from before your ships were affected, or you need to trigger the bug again in order to have a chance to switch them back to oak. Once you get them switched back you'll want to avoid leaving them in a port during a day-change if there's anything in that #5 slot.

That's assuming that you're experiencing the same bug that I noticed; during my testing it only happened for story mode games.

Warning! Spoiler!

It's really awful when you cannot complete the step of the main quest. I have the lowest possible settings, but my game is crashing every time I'm trying to start this battle. This scnene shouldn't take a lot of ram, because it's only a ship battle. How much men do this scene have? If more than 300, it's really bad.

Here's the screenshot of menu that's appeared before jumping to scene:

2zi4l8o.jpg

My computer isn't good, but it allowed me to play more than 250 days of this DLC, having 250+ man battles, so I think this scene shouldn't causing crashes.
Is there any way to avoid crash?

Sorry for my bad English  :mrgreen:

After encountering this for the 3rd time I need to post it here: There is a map for battles with a bridge in the middle that crosses a dreep river. You get that map for example when you fight near Rath Celltair in Ireland.

Small groups of enemies always stay on their side and make you come to them and that works fine without problems. But if there is a bigger group and you just wait for them to cross the bridge a significant amount of them will drown because they try to get trough the river. I just ahd a battle, my 165 vs. the enemeis 189. Before he even was on my side he had lost 50 people (and the leader himself drowned, too).
Then his guys managed to get to the other side, but instead of going into my direction they started to wade int othe river from my side of the bridge too and drowned again. When I finally decided to attack he only had 50 troops left.

This has happened to me on two other occasions, too. Once only with a small number of enemeis drowning (roughly 30 or so) and once about 200 of 350!

Faenwulf said:
After encountering this for the 3rd time I need to post it here: There is a map for battles with a bridge in the middle that crosses a dreep river. You get that map for example when you fight near Rath Celltair in Ireland.

Small groups of enemies always stay on their side and make you come to them and that works fine without problems. But if there is a bigger group and you just wait for them to cross the bridge a significant amount of them will drown because they try to get trough the river. I just ahd a battle, my 165 vs. the enemeis 189. Before he even was on my side he had lost 50 people (and the leader himself drowned, too).
Then his guys managed to get to the other side, but instead of going into my direction they started to wade int othe river from my side of the bridge too and drowned again. When I finally decided to attack he only had 50 troops left.

This has happened to me on two other occasions, too. Once only with a small number of enemeis drowning (roughly 30 or so) and once about 200 of 350!

we are aware of this and this should be fixed now.

I became a ruler by saying my husband should be king. Then I got the option of pledging myself as his vassal speaking to him, for some reason, so I did that and it said my kingdom no longer owns any land (I guess from it reassigning the faction leader? no idea). Which I thought was good because I couldn't access the kingdom report menu to rename my kingdom from Player Supporters when he was king, but now I'd have full privileges. Then I got this message:

CF37FAAF45AF4D02B340B4C43AA83BAC747B5E28

I never got the option to assign a minister, so I have Ivar my husband as a vassal, and another lord who defected to my faction. But I can't assign anyone fiefs or do anything at all from having no minister at all. Is my faction broken now? Is there any way to unglitch it, some alternative way to trigger the minister assignment and force a 'prominent citizen' or follower into being minister?

Seems like there is a bug with 'travel to another port' option.
I was caught with my small party by enemy army and surrendered, now every time i try to use 'travel to another port' in cities i get dragged around by lord which captured me last time.

Not really sure If one can call it an "issue" but I have encountered a very strange thing. One of the random events that pop up when one is in an owned castle is that people come to complain about a local witch who is accused of making people feel a burning sensation in their nether regions.
What I found strange is that when I banish the witch for doing so I get a +1 Reputation with Pagans and a -1 with Christians. The +1 for Pagans makes sense, but the -1 for christians seems strange. Sure, the witch hunting times are still far away, but I feel like even christians would accept such a ruling since she is accused of doing a bad thing. Or do they complain because my punishment is not harsh enough?

Sorry for the double-post but is there any news concerning this problem (see quote)? I had posted my savegame a while ago. Now that I have continued playing the problem persists and i automatically lose relation faster than I can gain it, even in towns. I conquered Dun Breatann from the sea and started out there as a ruler with only -1 relations. When I came back I was at -55 and its impossible to get it back up since everything I do (Mayor missions, Symbels, spending money on mead for the taverns patrons etc.) only increases the relations by 1-3, but it seems liek it drops at about -5 or so every time I'm away for a few days.
It literally is impossile to get positive relations with any of my fiefs, thus making it impossible for me to recruit in them or even stay there for a while without having peasants attack me or my troops.

Faenwulf said:
Not quite sure if this is the best place to post this, but since I don't know if it is a bug or I'm overlooking something I'll post it here.

A while ago I captured a castle to found my own kingdom. Everythign went well for a while but then things turned ugly and I decided to join Laithlind to keep what I had insetad of losing it. Problem is, that means I'm away from my castle & village very often (Tref Towan and Towan Something in Cornubia) and since I conquered the castle by starving out the defenders (they only had food for a day or two - easy prey) my relations aren't very good. But: No matter what I do (doing quests for the village, throwing feasts in the castle etc.) the relations don't go up. Or rather, they go up and then when I return they dropped below -100 again. That not only makes it impossible to use them as a recruiting ground, but the castle actually is a security hazard so to say since I sometiems get attacked in the streets or some of my people killed when staying there for a day or two.

I was thinking maybe that is because I had the tax rate set to "high" when I joined Laithlind (and now I can't change them anymore since the minister is gone). But I'm not sure. Maybe there is some other reason? Propserity is oaky in both (I think Tref Towan is at average at the moment; the castle highly profits from its brewery).
I've just finished building a school in the village but I doubt that will solve the problem. Also, I can't send a companion to increase my relations with them
So - is it a bug? Is there something new in Viking Conquest concerning relations that I don't know about?

And is there a fast way to reicnrease the relations with a castle I just conquered? I retook Ynys Manaw from Alban for Laithlind after they held it for a while, now I have -60 relations with them (because I besieged them for 24 hours...? Really?) and I have no Idea how to get the numbers up again and keep them up if I don't get it as a fief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom