Viking Conquest issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
sirgzu said:
They just tell me: "no I don't know you. Blah. Come back with 5 relation and 150 renown" when I clearly meet those requirements. Shouldn't getting recruiting permission from a King de facto trickle down to its vassals as well? It probably wouldn't make sense given the time period. I imagine warlords / kings had a fairly loose grips on their lords and couldn't have been asking this of them, but I'm asking here just in case.

Well if the king permission was global then it would need higher requirements, like 40 faction, 50 king, renown 400, -100 > reputation > 100, or something like thataa

No it is ridiculous, you know how many quests you would have to do to get permission to recruit from towns? Never mind that quite a few of those quests are almost impossible as you can only recruit crappy peasants that take ages to level up. Also more often then not they don't even have quests to give.

Waiting around and following Lords all day in hopes that they can give you a quest that you can actually complete with nothing but the crappiest of units is boring.

Once the game actually opens up it gets interesting but the starting out is horrendous unless you get lucky with quests. Trading isn't really an option without a boat, so money is tight unless your in Friese or Dunmark as other regions don't have tons tiny groups of robbers that can be easily taken out.

:shock:

Is there any way to disable the horrible swing blur effect other then unchecking the boxes one weapon at a time?

7FC861934DDF595116D429D7510C60FC4197BD9A

Hello Brytenwalda team!

I am enjoying the story of this game but am having issues.  After Ulf's farm where you defeat white beard, every time i fight thieves, the game freezes and you hear the same sound of money over and over again when I click on giving all the loot to my men.

On a different notr, I think it would be cool if the information you see when you place the cursor over a unit or a location is depending on the intelligence, tactics,etc.  For example: A person with high int and tactics will be able to see the number of cavalry, infantry, etc. A person with high int and engineering can see strength of structures, time to be successful in a siege, etc.

villajc said:
I am enjoying the story of this game but am having issues.  After Ulf's farm where you defeat white beard, every time i fight thieves, the game freezes and you hear the same sound of money over and over again when I click on giving all the loot to my men.

Make sure you are playing with VC 1.03 and WB 1.166. That is the last version for the DLC and the main game.

If your issue is still there then create a new post on this: support forum  and follow the steps bellow:

Steam or no Steam? Game version for Warband? Game version for Viking Conquest?

Read this: Technical issues and Tweaking the game

Then read this: How to report a bug/issue

Then include (using spoiler or code tags) your rgl_log.txt, rgl_config.txt. Post a url with your savegame, you can use dropbox, google drive or a similar web service.

sirgzu said:
For some reason formations were broken, when trying to place groups all my dudes stretched on a long single line. Since that was going on behind my back I only realised when the enemy was on us (at least they charged this time instead of playing sitting ducks) then I ordered the charge and we only barely made it through, even with the "help" from the villagers. It was a massacre.
Formations and AI are in general only present for battles in the open, and even then large terrain items cause problems.

motomataru said:
sirgzu said:
For some reason formations were broken, when trying to place groups all my dudes stretched on a long single line. Since that was going on behind my back I only realised when the enemy was on us (at least they charged this time instead of playing sitting ducks) then I ordered the charge and we only barely made it through, even with the "help" from the villagers. It was a massacre.
Formations and AI are in general only present for battles in the open, and even then large terrain items cause problems.

Well, you are a master of formations, motomataru, and it seems you are working on this DLC. Make some magic!!  :razz:

motomataru said:
sirgzu said:
Talking about formations, I've noticed that unit groups choose the orientation that will face the enemy at their destination but adapt that orientation straight from the origin and keep if for the duration of the journey. This will show if, for example, at the start of the battle (when the 2 armies are furthest away) you send one of your groups close to the enemy, but on its side. Your group will then proceed to turn 90 degrees and travel in column formation until it reaches the side of the enemy, where it will then face them as intended. No big deal once you know about it, just thought I'd mention it though.

mike56 said:
motomataru said:
Well, you are a master of formations, motomataru, and it seems you are working on this DLC. Make some magic!!  :razz:
Pathing entire formations is serious magic. :wink:
sirgzu said:
Talking about formations, I've noticed that unit groups choose the orientation that will face the enemy at their destination but adapt that orientation straight from the origin and keep if for the duration of the journey.
That's doable. I may get to tweak formations a little for the content release.

Could you change the starting formation so it is more like the shieldwall the Ai does? Basically all infantry grouped together in a single shieldwall with skirmishers in front? For this period we don't need anything fancy, just a simple shieldwall formation is good enough plus it looks better. Currently I have multiple starting divisions (even with formations disabled) with spearmen and infantry being in separate blocks, trying to get them to merge into a single shieldwall in a real pain in the dickist and ends up turning into a giant spinning circle that takes forever to form up.

Starting formation - Don't mind my 4 archers and 1 skirmisher just having a rough time getting more with the current recruitment system.
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543019017985721244/3EECECDD3000EF895A05187DCAFFF5E9DB76889A/

Seriously though start battle in simple shieldwall -> march across the field -> throw some stuff -> charge or hold position nothing crazy  :mrgreen:

villajc said:
Hello Brytenwalda team!

On a different notr, I think it would be cool if the information you see when you place the cursor over a unit or a location is depending on the intelligence, tactics,etc.  For example: A person with high int and tactics will be able to see the number of cavalry, infantry, etc. A person with high int and engineering can see strength of structures, time to be successful in a siege, etc.

That money problem is not unique to Ulf's.  It happens whenever I have been playing a really long time and then pick that option.  I think it is a Windows thing of gradually running out of usable memory.

I love the features this new title offers, but I'm suffering some lag. It's bad enough on the map but battles are virtually unplayable. That's the only problem I've had barring a 3-d question mark where an object was supposed to be, but I only saw that once. I really hope my hardware is not to blame.

AMD 8 core
Nvidia gtx 770 (driver up to date)
16g DDR3 ram
Windows 7 64bit

I checked through the responses and the posts and was surprised to see that no one else seems to have reported this problem, unless I missed something... probably did. Sorry for the redundancy but I would really like to find a way to fix this.

By the way, I had forced single threading turned on initially, as Warband demanded it on my system, switched it off and that didn't help.

folcro said:
I love the features this new title offers, but I'm suffering some lag. It's bad enough on the map but battles are virtually unplayable. That's the only problem I've had barring a 3-d question mark where an object was supposed to be, but I only saw that once. I really hope my hardware is not to blame.

AMD 8 core
16g DDR3 ram
Windows 7 64bit

I checked through the responses and the posts and was surprised to see that no one else seems to have reported this problem, unless I missed something... probably did. Sorry for the redundancy but I would really like to find a way to fix this.

By the way, I had forced single threading turned on initially, as Warband demanded it on my system, switched it off and that didn't help.

You didn't say how many troops you had turned on.  I have a fairly good system but cannot have more than 350 troops on the map at a time.  I think it installs with the default of 450.

There needs to be some extensive work on the morale weirdness.  It is not unusual for a castle to change hands 10 or 15 times and dismal morale there with no way to restore it is just weird.  There would be no one left in the castle to be unhappy anyway so the morale reading in general for a castle just doesn't make sense.  And then for companions who have been assigned fiefs.  A companion who has his own town, multiple castles and villages should just not get that unhappy when someone else is assigned a fief.  I am to the point where the richest Lord in my kingdom needs to be booted out because he got so unhappy other fiefs were given away.  Nonsense.

I have not been able to figure out the codes in the music.txt file even though every other mod I have seen is understandable.  One thing that is absolutely mandatory for long term playability is a way to add your own period or movie music.  Particularly travel music, battle music, victory music, tavern music, and town music.  Get the music file fixed.  Why did the Brytenwalda file not work anyway?

qmax said:
You didn't say how many troops you had turned on.  I have a fairly good system but cannot have more than 350 troops on the map at a time.  I think it installs with the default of 450.

I should have mentioned that I brought it down to 150, the minimum--- didn't make a lick of difference :sad:

I'm sure this is something I can fix, as I did with native changing to forced single-threading, I just need to know what it is!

folcro said:

AMD 8 core
16g DDR3 ram
Windows 7 64bit

Interesting. Your PC specifications look fine. Even lag on the campaign/overland map?
Can you show us the rgl_log (it's a text file in the main warband folder)?
And also, what's your battle size, and are your graphic settings on maximum?

Finally make sure you have the latest versions of Warband (1.166) and Viking Conquest (1.03).

hi guys, just a quick query. finally bought the VC from taleworld website and registered game with them. but i noticed there is no forum VC badge (small icon under the user name and 'faction' that showns registered games). why is that? not a major issue, just curious.

looking forward to trying this expansion once the next patch is out. cheers :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom