Viking Conquest issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

at first Viking Conquest is great and  make a lot of fun until:

i played a view hours and suddently all traders have no money and no goods. the inventory of the own facilities in the towns seems also to be empty, the kingdomstok maby to, i am not in range to look.
Along with that bug the game crashes after a view minits of playing, always on strategiemap.
The Screen goes black and system freezes and you can only do power off.
Systemlogs says nothing, even not an message of an collapst gpu driver.
it seems to be an RAM problem waht becomes wors if you played a long time .

please fix trader and crashbug verry soon.

chonta

thechonta said:
Along with that bug the game crashes after a view minits of playing, always on strategiemap.
The Screen goes black and system freezes and you can only do power off.
Systemlogs says nothing, even not an message of an collapst gpu driver.
it seems to be an RAM problem waht becomes wors if you played a long time .

please fix trader and crashbug verry soon.

chonta

@thechonta can you open a post on the support forum (after reading the sticky thread there) with your information? Sounds like you have a bad installation with old version of the game.

Sticky (read first):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,319760.0.html

post here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=376.0

That way devs and/or community can help you to make the game work.
Cheers

Hello,

playing on steam, latest possible Version (1.165) and the 1.03 Beta (1.166)
i7 16GB RAM

It worked like the orginal warband until the game has passed 16 hours of gaming, than it starts to crash.

I started a new sandbox campaign with 1.03, the latest save says around 220 days, i started in Denmark and joined the kingdom. Just wanted to list some things that i noticed during this new campaign.

1. Invading Vikings
The patchnotes said that the Northvegr and Danmark lords should be more aggressive in terms of pillaging and stuffs in Englaland, in contrast to the patches before where they only rode circles in their own countries. Now rarely a single lord ships out to Englaland, tries to pillage a village from a faction they are at war with (in my case it was Danmark vs. Mierce), gets into a fight with the whole army of that faction, loses and sometimes gets captured. So still not really an invasion, but a beginning.

2. Marshals
In the roughly 150 days that i was a part of the Kingdom of Danmark i noticed two elections for a new marshal, and was summoned maybe four times to join the marshal with the other lords. Two times the summon quest was cancelled after half a day without me having the chance to reach the marshal. The other two times i could report to him and accompany him, waiting for two or three other lords. Then he started heading towards Ribe, one by one the other lords peeled of to do other stuff, the marshal left through the port of Ribe, sailed 50 meters and then turned back and the quest was finished successfully. Maybe this has something to do with point one, atleast they now try to build a "heathen army".

3. Lord and Village quests
So i tried as a fresh lord of the Danmark to improve my standing with the lords and my fief. That was rather difficult because they wouldn't give me quests. The first fief quest i had was training some peasants, which was after the village had been raided. After this quest the elder wanted me to get some wheat and that was it. In the 150 days i got those two quests and then after some time the grain quest again, that was it up to now. The situation with the lords was similar. No quests, no relation improvements. If i hadn't married it would have been only the mercenary "quest" that i accomplished for a lord. So either there is a lack of quests or they just won't give them to me. (Just remembered that i also got a quest from the king of Danmark to get his taxes from Ribe, but that should be it with quests from lords)

4. Troop Training
It seems to be even harder to train troops in this new patch than before. And what is even worse, everybody else is better at it than I am. At one point i could recruit 27 Rekkr from my fief, that is one step below the Huskarls. I don't want to think about how long it would have taken me to get those through fighting battles. I also have a trainer in my refuge that just rushes recruits in not more than a day from Leysinga to the first spearman and not ONE at a time, no, EIGHT at the same time. I haven't tried it with more fresh recruits yet. So why should i bother with the Trainer skill, or at all bother with recruiting Leysinga to upgrade them when there is the possibility to hire nearly completely upgraded troops? The only time a player would need to go through that rather arduous process seems to be when he wants to have archers, because those I could not find as trained troops.

5. Training in the Refuge
Like i said in the prevous point i tried the trainer in the refuge to advance my Leysinga through to the first upgrade. I wanted them to be Gestr but they were trained as spearman. Is there an option that i missed where i can specify in which path they should be upgraded? If there isn't yet this would be a good adition i think.

6. Landing Points
Landing points for ships jump along the coastline, if you select one it can change in the last moment and jump somewhere else on the coast. Also it seems if you sail along the coast, constantly generating landing points, those hit the performance quite hard.

Hi there.

I had installed the 1.03 beta a couple of days back, and everything was working fine. Went to play today, and Steam pushed an update (I assume the non-beta form of 1.03?).

Now I am unable to access any of my old saves which , as they're all 180+ days in-game, is rather annoying. The saves have the text "Incomplete File Ver", but I wouldn't have thought there'd be save compat issues between Beta1.03 and 1.03 when there was no issue going from whatever the previous one was to Beta1.03.

Is there a potential fix I can do on my end?

Osmotic said:
Hi there.

I had installed the 1.03 beta a couple of days back, and everything was working fine. Went to play today, and Steam pushed an update (I assume the non-beta form of 1.03?).

Now I am unable to access any of my old saves which , as they're all 180+ days in-game, is rather annoying. The saves have the text "Incomplete File Ver", but I wouldn't have thought there'd be save compat issues between Beta1.03 and 1.03 when there was no issue going from whatever the previous one was to Beta1.03.

Is there a potential fix I can do on my end?

Using Steam re-opt for the beta. Somehow your Steam switched back to the released version (1.02) and your savegames from beta (version 1.03, part 2) will not work with it.

TLDR: you need to use beta again.

Hmm. That seems like it might be the case, as re-entering the beta password has allowed me to reselect it. Only issue is now I have to wait for steam to re-download the beta. Alas, such is life.

Cheers for your help!

EDIT: ...and it's a success! Problem officially fixed.

***[Bug]All of the Kingdoms arms are broken!

See this thread for details
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,322831.msg7637421.html#msg7637421

***[Bug] Also King of Denmark with Welsh flag!
69260164DBE909AA104BB0EEE19F99FB2441797F

Beta v. 1.03

This is a mess I hope you guys can fix this soon!

Mm. Due to differences in the ordering of banners in our texture files, our mesh guy got confused with kingdom_banner_*, which then got transferred to arms_kingdom_*. Will be fixed soon.

Thanks for making the connection to kingdom banners!

3. Lord and Village quests
So i tried as a fresh lord of the Danmark to improve my standing with the lords and my fief. That was rather difficult because they wouldn't give me quests. The first fief quest i had was training some peasants, which was after the village had been raided. After this quest the elder wanted me to get some wheat and that was it. In the 150 days i got those two quests and then after some time the grain quest again, that was it up to now. The situation with the lords was similar. No quests, no relation improvements. If i hadn't married it would have been only the mercenary "quest" that i accomplished for a lord. So either there is a lack of quests or they just won't give them to me. (Just remembered that i also got a quest from the king of Danmark to get his taxes from Ribe, but that should be it with quests from lords)

There are 4 quests in VC for villages but they have restrictions (Native)

Fight bandits (no restrictions I think)
Grain - village should have no grain and low prosperity
Cattle - village should have less than 10? cattle
New quest - prosperity and relations restrictions

So effectively if your villages were not looted, cattle and grain quests will never fire.

Now lords

Lords have alot of quests but they also have some restrictions.

If you become a vassal some quests are no longer available to you
Some quests require player to be of certain level or have certain relations with the lord.

On top of that all quests are picked through a random process, which seems to be not the most robust. So what you can do is to ask lord about tasks, then ask about something else and then ask about tasks again. You can ask as many times as you want, he may find something to offer you. I normally get a deliver letter quest, but you can also get a mercenary quest.

JuJu70 said:
On top of that all quests are picked through a random process, which seems to be not the most robust. So what you can do is to ask lord about tasks, then ask about something else and then ask about tasks again. You can ask as many times as you want, he may find something to offer you. I normally get a deliver letter quest, but you can also get a mercenary quest.

TweakMB has a option to force a new quest to be given once you complete one, thus not depending on the random and cruel trigger that takes forever  :razz:

Got wait for a update for VC (after modules release) tho or someone to post this as a manual tweak for the current VC version.

Cheers

kalarhan said:
JuJu70 said:

TweakMB has a option to force a new quest to be given once you complete one, thus not depending on the random and cruel trigger that takes forever  :razz:

Got wait for a update for VC (after modules release) tho or someone to post this as a manual tweak for the current VC version.

Cheers

Randomness is there for a reason, eliminating it kinda defeats the purpose.

[Bug]Ragnar's seax has an issue when sheathed, it is placed inside of the body instead of hanging off the belt.

Not sure if this is intentional, but two handed swords are not flagged as merchandise so therefore never show up for sale at the merchants. This is an easy fix and should be available to the player since the champion unit use this weapon.

Ah, maybe it's the relation then. It was above 75 not very long ago but then it got raided and went down to -40, and hasn't gone above -30 since then for some reason, even though I have all the improvements. I'll check again when it's at positive relation.

I just assumed that since it is owned by me that I'd always be able to recruit there, since I have 2 cities with relation below -30 and I can recruit from both of them. Is that a bug, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom