SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Unfortunately I have to apologize and delay finishing the update for a few more days: caught the flu right as I was recovering from the earlier cold, and I’m barely getting out of bed the past few days. I was almost done with the update, so I should be able to finish it this week, so Friday at the latest.

Tingyun said:
Unfortunately I have to apologize and delay finishing the update for a few more days: caught the flu right as I was recovering from the earlier cold, and I’m barely getting out of bed the past few days. I was almost done with the update, so I should be able to finish it this week, so Friday at the latest.

Get well soon man!

sorry to hear of your illness, Tingyun. i'm thinking of recording a historical play-through, based on both the latest patch and hopefully the new update of your lovely mod (once its out). hope you wouldnt mind? hope you'll get well soon. take care.

Hey guys, really enjoying the mod, thanks for making it! I recently took Jorvic and as I am playing an Anglo I wanted to rename it to York, is that possible? As well as changing the culture of the area back to angle or saxon whatever they were. Or does culture drift on it's own like in paradox games? Thanks again!

Thanks Easter Cow, Ryantheskinny, and Sarkiss! I am starting to feel better today, finally.

Sarkiss: That sounds great! I am sure many people will enjoy it.

Revanatoi: Normally names of places can only be easily changed before starting a new game (as parties.txt is read for the names at world generation). You probably could use a saved game editor to change it in a current game. To change the culture, you would also either need to use a saved game editor, or use the VC Tweaks Tool to enable troop recruitment culture shifting from conquest (some instructions for using the Tweaks Tool on Balance Mod are included with the Balance Mod source code/module files seperate download. Basically, you would download and install the Tweaks Tool first, then follow the steps to add the changed Balance Mod files). Which solution is best depends on your goals, if you only wanted to change the culture of this one city, use a Warband saved game editor, if you want all conquored cities to offer troops of the current owning faction, then use the Tweaks Tool.

Tingyun said:
Thanks Easter Cow, Ryantheskinny, and Sarkiss! I am starting to feel better today, finally.

Sarkiss: That sounds great! I am sure many people will enjoy it.

Revanatoi: Normally names of places can only be easily changed before starting a new game (as parties.txt is read for the names at world generation). You probably could use a saved game editor to change it in a current game. To change the culture, you would also either need to use a saved game editor, or use the VC Tweaks Tool to enable troop recruitment culture shifting from conquest (some instructions for using the Tweaks Tool on Balance Mod are included with the Balance Mod source code/module files seperate download. Basically, you would download and install the Tweaks Tool first, then follow the steps to add the changed Balance Mod files). Which solution is best depends on your goals, if you only wanted to change the culture of this one city, use a Warband saved game editor, if you want all conquored cities to offer troops of the current owning faction, then use the Tweaks Tool.

Thank you again! I changed the town name like you said with the save editor. Just browsing the files that one was pretty quick. I still wanted to change the troop type for Jorvik which I renamed Eoforwic but not the troops everywhere as I'm just trying to retake Angle land and can do the edits as I go. Do you know if the variable to change is inside party_records > Euforwic(Jorvik) > Party. This one is a bit harder to find. If its a hassle let me know, not up for something too difficult haha.

Revanatoi: I'm afraid I don't know. There might be some info on it in the saved game editor thread, otherwise you might have to look around and test.

Everyone: Sadly I have to announce another short delay--I'm recovered, and had planned to finish the update today, but our dog escaped from our backyard when my wife let him out in the morning (I think he figured out how to climb the chain-link fence, as I couldn't find any holes underneath). That led to many hours of searching for him. Luckily, we found him, but there went the time I had set aside to finish.

I will finish and release no matter what by no later than Thursday, November 8th. I am sorry for the continued delays, and I will try to get it done sooner than that, but no matter what I will finish by then.

happy to hear you are feeling better. Had my own set backs with my modding as well, seems thorgrims map editor doesn't want to play nice. Also still plan to send you the module files for the parties (have to remake it) and items (items will take along time due to some weirdness in the coding) as soon as I can get to them again.

Awesome Ryan, thanks for that.

Sorry to hear the map editor is giving you trouble. Hope you can overcome whatever difficulty it is, as your mod sounds really interesting.

The changelog for this mod sounds amazing.  If I download it and use it on my existing save, will it be fully 100% compatible? (I.E. Hubbe's name changed to Ubba with the updated stats, companions' updated stats, location name changes ect.) or will I need to start a new campaign for it to have a full effect?

Hi Shuknight,

Balance Mod works without errors for existing saved games, whether saved games are from vanilla VC or prior editions of the mod, but some changes will only show up in new games.

About 95% of the changes do show up for existing saved games, but oddly enough many of the examples you list fall into the 5% of changes that require a new game to appear. Specificaly, the names of villages and towns are set at world creation, and the WP and skills of troops and npcs are set then as well.

But the vast majority of changes will show up for existing saved games, including changes to the equipment of troops, optional features like realistic party speed, and pretty much all changes to game mechanics.

I also was careful to ensure that there would not be a conflict between changes that do and do not show up for existing saves. For example, the new norse troop wielding the dane axe was created by modifying an existing troop with sufficient 2 handed WP and skills to fully function in the new role. So all changes that do show up should function as intended, and you will basically be playing a slightly lighter version of the mod.

Tingyun said:
Revanatoi: I'm afraid I don't know. There might be some info on it in the saved game editor thread, otherwise you might have to look around and test.

Everyone: Sadly I have to announce another short delay--I'm recovered, and had planned to finish the update today, but our dog escaped from our backyard when my wife let him out in the morning (I think he figured out how to climb the chain-link fence, as I couldn't find any holes underneath). That led to many hours of searching for him. Luckily, we found him, but there went the time I had set aside to finish.

I will finish and release no matter what by no later than Thursday, November 8th. I am sorry for the continued delays, and I will try to get it done sooner than that, but no matter what I will finish by then.
no pressure, there is no such thing as deadlines in modding, its ready when its ready. we'll still be here. :wink:
glad you're better and your dog's been found (i bet you had a sausage on you :lol:)
thanks

Tingyun I ran it for its first go! here's a screenshot

R77hrWN.jpg

its kind of working :/

ships get stuck in a few areas... and peasants and lords seem to have funky pathfinding

this is what we are looking at as far as possible factions at the date proposed by tingyun, which would be may 871.
I think this start date will be great and the current political situation is based on Ck2, a few maps of that time period and maps provided by tingyun. Im always open to suggestions and help from the community.  :mrgreen:

Balaton should be called Principality of lower Pannonia according to stuff I've read, but I was thinking of moving the Magyars into hungary early also. Also not satisfied with lesser Poland, and the situation in Russia. francian kingdoms should also be three (treaty of meerssen).
JySaiOw.png

Yes please, Lower Pannonia was Slavic populated(and ruled) land at the time period you specified.

Edit: Are you sure you don't want to make your own mod thread? :smile:

Ryantheskinny said:
this is what we are looking at as far as possible factions at the date proposed by tingyun, which would be may 871.
I think this start date will be great and the current political situation is based on Ck2, a few maps of that time period and maps provided by tingyun. Im always open to suggestions and help from the community.  :mrgreen:

Balaton should be called Principality of lower Pannonia according to stuff I've read, but I was thinking of moving the Magyars into hungary early also. Also not satisfied with lesser Poland, and the situation in Russia. francian kingdoms should also be three (treaty of meerssen).
JySaiOw.png
There were two Pannonian principalities, one was the lower Pannonian ruled by Kocel, the other was Croatian and in 871 ruled by an unknown  duke. Lower Pannonian principality and Balaton principality are interchangeable but personally I would go for "Balaton" to differentiate from the Croatian one. Perhaps you could have Magyar Horsemen as mercenaries in Pannonia or maybe raiding Magyar parties and keep Hungarians in their current place on the map?

BNS Marko said:
Yes please, Lower Pannonia was Slavic populated(and ruled) land at the time period you specified.

Edit: Are you sure you don't want to make your own mod thread? :smile:

If I were to start my own thread would I put it in the pioneer guild, or would I put it in here since it a VC mod? The rules make me think the former. So I was going to start one after I release a base beta version .1 so I could have a dedicated thread in the VC mod section. But since there is some interest (which is awesome ) maybe I should, what do you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom