Victoria 2 Latin America Multiplayer Campaign (Completed!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Almalexia

Her Flamboyance, the Calipha
Duke
1966_2_9_m1_0000.jpg

¡Bienvenidos!

So to keep things brief and to the point, Pixel and I have been talking about starting up a new Victoria 2 (with PoP demands mod, of course) multiplayer campaign, but this time, with a twist: all players would select countries from South America. Teo has expressed interest as well making it three of us, but I wanted to throw out an interest check to see if there would be any other people interested in joining our little South American dance. I'm hoping to get at least five players total, but we'll see how things go, and if interest looks good we'll get things moving as soon as possible, and I might spruce up this OP and make it pretty for folks to follow along with.

We're still talking about who we want to play as, but for the moment, here's the lineup:
Alma: Peru
Pixel: Colombia
Wulf: Chile
Cowdude: Argentina
Titantoe: Venezuela
Dystopian: Uruguay

If you'd like to join, let us know and include your availability, as well as your pick for country! We reserve the right to be picky with players as we want to keep this moving as quickly as possible, but everyone will get their due consideration.!

Brazil is allowed if not all others are picked already?

Cause it would make sense for such a rule. Easy to stomp everyone and the paraguay player will be mad that he cant do like in real life and defend for 4 years.

Also my availability is full on weekends, preferably sunday but saturday can work too. However i also have on 5pm gmt -2 on sundays a f1 2017 league race for 1 hour so please dont place them in that hour so i dont have to choose between the games.

i'll go Chilelele.

and... some off topic: on the matter of that eb2 thing, well eb2 is a much slow game and to have a hotseat thing i think it would be too much demanding and forcing you to play, specially if we are not that hyped so lets just cancel before it starts? I mean my eb 1/2 campaings take a year minimum  lol.

We can do Saturday at 12pm EST this weekend if you want. lmk if that works for you

*EDIT*

Btw with the current lineup so far, an Argentina player would be a well-placed selection! Otherwise anything else is fair game, tho I somewhat share Wulf's reservations on a Brazil player. I think Pixel could weigh in with more authority than I can on that matter tho.

I honestly don't think Brazil is really that powerful that we have to ban it outright or specifically reserve it. Besides just, you know, allying with each other if it looks like Brazil wants to kill us or press land claims, great powers like the USA and France tend to sphere all of South America (or at least bring it to friendly opinion) and AI great powers pretty much always intervene if they can. It's pretty slow and tedious to conquer land in Vic and in South America it's all desolate regions with like 5 people producing cash crops. IIRC there's like one coal-producing province in the entire continent. So I mean, unless we want to stay agrarian forever... :razz:

Brazil is also a monarchy at the start, so they miss out on a lot of immigration, only way to change that is for Brazil to get high militancy and grant landed vote or lose to jacobins.
And the best way to gain militancy is to lose wars and not press claims. :iamamoron:
In the meantime Argentina and Colombia get flooded with 80% literacy super craftsmen from Germany that might just become capitalists.

Tl;dr I don't think we have to ban a player from playin' brozil, but maybe wait for an Argentina first, so Brazil is more surrounded. But that is an extra player we have to wait for and skip if they don't show up, so...

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, welcome Cowdude! I'm definitely hype for tomorrow, can't wait to begin. I'll try and wake up a bit earlier, so if everyone is around we can get a head start if possible!

Thats 5pm UK time right? I could do this, I think I've got the latest PDM installed anyway.

I'll take Brazil if no one else has. Alternatively Mexico, but if Central American's are banned then **** it I'll take Uruguay or Ecuador.

EDIT: Just noticed the time stamps and you're talking about today. Bummer, have fun guys

Back
Top Bottom