• Mexico

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dystopian

Dystopian said:
PDM is so **** good. That was a good read, the AARs on the Paradox Forum seems to have gone down in quality over time. I wonder how many people would be up for an interactive one in this forum? :idea:

Has anyone ever read any of the marvelous interactive AARs on the Paradox Forums? If not you missed out.

This thread is supposed to be an interest check to see if anyone would want to do a sort of interactive RP game of Victoria II, whereby players make a historically plausible character (some real life persons could be acceptable but exceptional) and vote on bills and in elections though these aspects change based on what country is being played and its government style. Eventually player characters will be the head of the government, or even a Secretary of the Treasury or General of an Army. The military could stage a coup one election cycle if the player decides that is in his best interests. Be a businessman, a poet, a soldier, an aristocrat, the world is your oyster!  :oops: The nostalgia excites me. Not enough to let me draw out a huge page to start with though. The rules will be looser than the strict totalitarian systems used over in the Paradox Forums.

There is more information on how these games are played in this threads on the Paradox forum, though I won't be using their complex systems in entirety:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/edge-of-europe-a-belgian-interactive-aar.701473/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/shadow-of-the-andes-an-interactive-chilean-aar.562641/
And that Danubian Federation one I can't find... Seems that they are so old the linking system is just broken but the jist can still be had.

I'll put up a poll with some countries to choose from.

Never took part in one but im more than up for it! I remember how freaking awesome it was reading a koinon hellenon interactive aar for Europa barbarorum (where Total war center was sparta and total war.org was athens). Voted on the 3 (UK, spain and russia) that i think there is a lot more freedom to play (as opposed to say prussia where there is these main decisions you basically always want to do)

That could be fun, I never participated in anything like it on the Paradox forums but I recognize the concept. I voted Russia, United States and Prussia. Austria'd probably be quite interesting too.

Be my proverbial couriers my cuties :lol: and direct views and maybe it'll be plausible. A Russian Duma game would be interesting, as far as I know I've never seen one take place in Russia. In countries with absolute or constitutional monarchies I will more or less play the Monarch, as well as any other NPCs that may be needed over time.

Back
Top Bottom