Veteran

Users who are viewing this thread

veteran.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Aserai Veteran in this thread.

10x better anything aserai has else to offer. Its beyond broken. it needs to be more expensive. At least 10+

It has a better sword armor shield + decent bow. On the first round it has same respawn times aswell.

Last edited:
It's so strong because you can take Improved Armour and shield together, this makes you basically an infantry class with a bow. 41 armour for a heavy archer is ridiculous. That's better than some classes heavy infantry!
-Swap Extra Arrows with Improved Armour this way they can't take shield and armour. ( I think though, that no one will take armour again, they will always take the shield)
-Increase the cost to 160 as said above by others

As Mabons said it basically renders the crappy inf' selection obselete since same as vlandia's sharpshooter or khuzait's khan's guard you get as much or more armors than infs, a shield and ranged capabilities. This exact feeback can be copy pasted in the other mentionned class' threads.

Some will argue that choosing those classes means no spear, but with how unreliable spears are against cavs and how easy ranged is in BL why would I ever want a spear over a bow, or playing inf over those "archer" classes (more like infchers so far).

On a side note I find it funny how even after the 10 months of beta I've yet to see the so called ease of balancing premade classes argument you loved so much in the premade classes thread...

It's so strong because you can take Improved Armour and shield together, this makes you basically an infantry class with a bow. 41 armour for a heavy archer is ridiculous. That's better than some classes heavy infantry!
-Swap Extra Arrows with Improved Armour this way they can't take shield and armour. ( I think though, that no one will take armour again, they will always take the shield)
-Increase the cost to 160 as said above by others
41 is double the amor value the aserai infantry has, with same respawns on first round

Easily the best class the Aserai have I think. It was already a strong class but with the improved armour changes this class has become the go to class for any player who doesn't want a horse. Please balance the armour a little; other than that I think this class serves its purpose.

Dunno cos we dont have skirmish servers to test anything in oce, how about giving us servers to play the game properly, then ask us about balance.

this class is a slightly worse version of Empire's palestine guard. Both have pretty much identical bows and armor, but palestine guard has more melee potential with the menavlion perk. But this class is ironically better than all the Aserai infantry class, so my suggestion is to nerf this archer, but buff their infantry. Give them a heavy infantry class so matches are fair for infantry players.

this class is a slightly worse version of Empire's palestine guard. Both have pretty much identical bows and armor, but palestine guard has more melee potential with the menavlion perk. But this class is ironically better than all the Aserai infantry class, so my suggestion is to nerf this archer, but buff their infantry. Give them a heavy infantry class so matches are fair for infantry players.
They are supposed to have no heavy inf, its just how their faction is built around (archery/skirmish?) palestine cant go for a shield which makes it worse in melee. Veteran can go mace aswell and it got a better bow.

Captain Mode Perspective: The shield perk is useless in captain mode, it doesn't offer any benefits to the units as they would absolutely get crushed in a melee fight with literally only 10 units to their name. Veterans are great archers, they are terrible in a melee fight and that's what generally separated them from other heavy archer classes such as Khan's Guard and Palantine Guard who used to have functioning 2-handed weapons that absolutely demolished enemy units prior to 1.5, compared to the Veterans 1-handed mace.

Is it just me or is the Heavy Mace perk worse than the light archer's default mace? This seems wrong but when it comes to the handling and killing power of both weapons, the heavy mace just seems worse overall.

Back
Top Bottom