Veteran Sarranids! (v0.26/0.27)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey! Love to come back to this mod after half a year, just wondering though if it's possible to have a small edit to the Sarranid troop tree which I remembered was kinda annoying when you choose to play as them. Their peasant elite or most mercenary elite troops don't turn into veterans and this really limits your options when hoping to switch to stronger vet units.

Elite Sarranid Janissary (Tier 6) (Peasant)
Elite Sarranid Timariot (Tier 6) (Peasant-Mounted)
Veteran Bahsibozuk (Tier 6) (Merc.)
Elite Bahsibozuk (Tier 7) (Merc.)

Shouldn't these be vets at their tier? Only way so far in the game to get the vets are through the location unique units which is somewhat hindering relative to the other factions.

If ever it's only a small change, I'd be happy to do so myself (though have 0% experience with modding) so as to lessen the burden. :smile:

Bump!

Know it hasn't been that long (a week), just really hoping for this 'fix' to push through :grin:

'Why not just use v0.30x?'

I enjoy Leifdin's version but I like Windy's way of troop tree management, where even if your troops don't magically get horses or better armor, they still progress, becoming more experienced in their field, so you become elites as you get more training/battle experience. Adding on, they could then be swapped to stronger 'veteran' tier units which is pretty sensible and cool imo.

Ok, it's been 8 months, wow hahaha

Just wanted to update that the same thing is happening for the faction troop tree for the Rhodoks. Same issue then that veteran units are nearly out of reach for both the Sarranids and Rhodoks compared to the other landed factions.

I think I'm going somewhere but I hit a wall. Installed Python 2.7.13 and Notepad++, looking into module_troops.py. I can't find though the line that can distinguish the troop as a 'peasant' recruit, or veteran, mercenary, etc. Is it in module_troops.py?

Because this is not a native part of the game, it has to be assigned through a script. You can find scripts which do this in hub_scriptsy.py in Center Management folder.

Alright, found it and I think I could do the necessary changes, though how do I compile it? I'm clueless on modding and the only one I know how to compile is the Main Source.

EDIT:

Nope, reached the Sarranids and apparently non-affiliate units aren't listed down here. So the Kul, Yaya, Musellem, Janissary, and Timariots aren't present.

EDIT 2:

Ok, so I think I got everything to 'work', I hope. I copied and altered other lines to fit in the Sarranid units. I compiled successfully and have opened the game. Apparently though, it seems like my savegame isn't compatible any more, as well I see little changes like my honor dropping to -1 (it was 14 before), party size not putting in kingdom policy, etc. Are the source files in the 2.6 Cinematic folder actually 2.6 or earlier?

Small add-on question, the requirement for a troop to use a mount from the pool doesn't appear with whether they're peasant/merc/vet type troops, how do I add or remove that? (ex. Making the Vaegir Pecheneg an on-foot archer unit)

Back
Top Bottom