Very Important Thing About Modding Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Editing xml files takes soo long time.Checking,editing,looking every each of code and id makes the 10 minute job up to couple days.My question is this problem will be solved with modding tools?

For example Morgh's Editor works pretty fine for that job on Warband. Will be there something like that in modding tools?

If a thing like that wont be in modding tools you have to make it anyway apart from modding tools. For example if I cant drag the visually armor to the unit to change the armor of it in 2020, that means I'll lose my insterest to modding.

I want to see a Morgh's Edıtor but very improved version for Bannerlord in modding tools.

Btw I am talking about a module editor. You can edit native or a module that you downloaded with it. It will make modding so easier. We definitely need it.
IhL6Po.jpg

i think they working on it
How do you know it?

Something like this would prevent a lot of crashes and allow the proper parameters to be used only.
Yes this is a great thing to have.

What's that? We are talking about editing the existing things.Like units,items,factions etc.Also you can use the editor for complete your mod easily with editing existing most of things like that.And you know most of things can be added and edited with xmls. For example you can add and edit troops with spnpccharacters.xml. Just make a editor like Morgh's Editor and here we go.Also you can use a editor like this to edit your mod more easier.

Last edited:
It's all the relevant quotes from @gkx in the modding discord. He says that not all xmls will be available to the editor.

Specifically the quote "game xmls are not exposed to editor" in response to this:

DeathDaisy?05/20/2020 said:
I guess, but I will be very surprised if there isnt some kind of easier way to edit the xml built into the tools
[5:51 AM]
@gkx sorry to bother, but there will be a way to add weapons and troops to the game directly via the editor right? it isnt listed in the features on the Q&A on the forums

So we'll need community tools for any xml that isn't tied to engine function, i.e. flora_kinds and physics_materials.

It's all the relevant quotes from @gkx in the modding discord. He says that not all xmls will be available to the editor.

Specifically the quote "game xmls are not exposed to editor" in response to this:

So we'll need community tools for any xml that isn't tied to engine function, i.e. flora_kinds and physics_materials.
Oh so we will have a editor but not for xml that isn't tied to engine function.Great to hear anyway im curious how editor will be like.Btw sorry for confusion if there is any because english isn't my primary languange.

Back
Top Bottom