Very few Mods seem to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe it's just me, but very, very few mods, even ones that are proclaiming to be for 1.8.0 are working.

Usually, when a new version of the game comes out, I completely go scorched earth on my mods and redownload them with the newest versions and tediously install them, test them, and then once everything is working with the mods I want, I'm done.

Tonight I decided to do that and I've noticed only a handful of mods actually work. For those of you who are modders, is there a particular issue with this release that makes designing a stable mod especially difficult? Could it be something with Vortex? What could be causing this problem and is there anything I can do differently that might make unstable mods run better?

Again, these are not old mods that I just tried to update and it didn't work. I deleted every single mod in my collection and reloaded the newer versions of it. I took very careful care to ensure that I was downloading the proper versions and extensions. Also an important point, no old saves are being used. This is a brand new fresh start with fresh mods and fresh saves.

What mods are you talking about specifically? I played 1.8.0 with RBM (and found that I still don't like the combat module) and without and all of the mods I see as absolutely necessary for me (Detailed Character Creation, Diplomacy, Improved Garrisons, Party AI Overhaul and Commands Rebuild, Spear Rework, Modifiable Armor Modifiers) worked. I went back to 1.7.1 because I wanted OpenSource Armory for diversity and Partyscreen Formation Assignments as a remedy for the pre-battle slider-only units sorting nonsense that I really hate.

Maybe some mods are not going to be updated because the modders are waiting for the release of BL? Understandable if they were exhausted by the constant updates.

If you ask me which mods do work, you'll get a shorter list. None of them work. Literally none. Telepathy doesn't work. Track position of Main quest nobles doesn't work. Additional Quests doesn't work. Better Spouse traits doesn't work. Perfect executioner doesn't work.

Do you really want me to go on?

images

You'd get more responses posting this to the mod authors' pages. Almost none of them make a point of looking through this forum

What mods are you talking about specifically? I played 1.8.0 with RBM (and found that I still don't like the combat module) and without and all of the mods I see as absolutely necessary for me (Detailed Character Creation, Diplomacy, Improved Garrisons, Party AI Overhaul and Commands Rebuild, Spear Rework, Modifiable Armor Modifiers) worked. I went back to 1.7.1 because I wanted OpenSource Armory for diversity and Partyscreen Formation Assignments as a remedy for the pre-battle slider-only units sorting nonsense that I really hate.

Maybe some mods are not going to be updated because the modders are waiting for the release of BL? Understandable if they were exhausted by the constant updates.
Aye, quite a bit work for me. Like the two must-haves, Diplomacy and RBM.

Then there's

Character Reload (kind of like DetailedCharacterControl, so I can change the looks and rename my companions),
Companion Party Control,
Improved Garrisons,
Party AI Overhaul,
BUTR's Player Switcher,
True Noble Opinion,
True Relations,
WorkshopCaravanExp (gives me trade xp for functional caravans/workshops),
Cultured Start (so I can start with literally nothing, no gold/horse/armor/etc.),
Better Time,
Kill Bandits Raise Relations,
and azakhi's OldGeoCalculation to thwart the constant defections in late-game.

So far, I'm about 10 in-game years in, and no issues/crashes/bugs.

Tonight I decided to do that and I've noticed only a handful of mods actually work. For those of you who are modders, is there a particular issue with this release that makes designing a stable mod especially difficult? Could it be something with Vortex? What could be causing this problem and is there anything I can do differently that might make unstable mods run better?
TW constantly tweaks the code with the mini patches. If you are very rich, buy them and hire me as an advisor / designer, together we will make Mount and Blade great again.

But seriously, game is under constant development and sometimes huge parts of mods need to be reworked - both xml and code based mods. Maybe it will get better with official release which might be actually very soon (this month or next month I think).

Back
Top Bottom