Very big garrisons after one year.

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, sorry if this post is useless, just make me understand it.

Simply, after about one year, basically every castle in the map had around 3k men garrison, I understand it is sort of realistic and require you to gather a campaign army to capture every single castle, the problem is, this makes it utterly impossible to capture any castle without being a vassal and rebelling.

If this is a feature, I really understand it and just would like way to go back to warband's original garrisoning, if there is a way to.
If this is a 'bug' and has been fixed or a feature and was changed in any of the svn updates, I'd like to know, my internet won't allow me to download it and I really don't have the time to test and play it until mid january.

Thanks for any explanation on this matter.

If this has been asked already or anything, I'll lock it and thank you.

3k? 3000? Are you sure? Most what I have seen was somewhere around 500. If that is truth then something is really wrong  :eek:

I have the same problem, but only in scandinavian towns and castles, 2000 and more men in one town  :shock:
was trying to take town with multiple sedges, after 13th sedge 1000 more men left to go  :grin: 

Actually high number garrisons would make sense, I don't want borders to change qucikly. But, 3000 seems a lot.

Dogukan said:
Actually high number garrisons would make sense, I don't want borders to change qucikly. But, 3000 seems a lot.
Exactly, it's too hard even for big armies.
Going alone with a party of 350 makes "Us: 13 Ally:0 Enemy:198" their archers kill all my troops even before the siege tower is halfway through.

I've been trying to tweak the trigger that changes wealth of castles and towns but apparently it screwed up the game and every week it will just crash, I didn't have the time or the mood to do some extensive testing and simply waiting for the week's end doesn't really "work" (does not cause the crash as expected).  It may be just my game and another script I tweaked wrong or something or may be my computer, it seems something's wrong with it.

Although tweaking it made castles hold 500 men longer than before, or so I think.

EDIT: got some screenies
http://img408.imageshack.us/g/mb54.jpg/ simply go through them and you'll get the basic idea.

monoolho said:
Dogukan said:
Exactly, it's too hard even for big armies.
Going alone with a party of 350 makes "Us: 13 Ally:0 Enemy:198" their archers kill all my troops even before the siege tower is halfway through.

I've been trying to tweak the trigger that changes wealth of castles and towns but apparently it screwed up the game and every week it will just crash, I didn't have the time or the mood to do some extensive testing and simply waiting for the week's end doesn't really "work" (does not cause the crash as expected).  It may be just my game and another script I tweaked wrong or something or may be my computer, it seems something's wrong with it.

Although tweaking it made castles hold 500 men longer than before, or so I think.

EDIT: got some screenies
http://img408.imageshack.us/g/mb54.jpg/ simply go through them and you'll get the basic idea.
judging from the equipment of the troops ,you are playing pre 10 so in the svn version its fixed i think

2k for me when entering christmast for me  :lol:, but only town, if u have isp download problem for SVN use teh torrent, it patched until Christmast 2010, u can update the rest of SVN by urself since the bytes not big enough cause ISP timeout

http://www.mediafire.com/?b7zacwykzhfwqoa

edit: seeding time 2am Sydney untill 2pm aka peak hours Australia Sydney time

Im using SVN and have this issue too. Also the beaten lords dont want to regain their army ever. Even after a year they stays alone and dont move from the castles if they can.
But about garrisons. In my game the empire of nicea have in Smyrna 880 troops but thats nothing. Mamluks after taking Tarsus have there 1300 troops and in Antioch even more. And the crusaders are left with Acre only and all of them have no units, only city garrison in about 300...all is after half a year of peace now...

Now ive started new game and own kingdom. One of the convinced lord from Latin empire which i gave Tarsus, takened when there was about 500 troops, he gathered there 1500 troops in garrison and he moves with army bigger than 350...

Hmm if i remember correctly the issue was due to the lord recruiting his prisoners into troops. And after a year of ingame time there would be a lot of prisoners in towns and castles especially if there were peasant rebellions during the year.
I dont think there is anything you can do about it for now, except for getting a big 2 handed axe and recruit some varangian guards and march towards the castle.

Back
Top Bottom