Votes: 208 37.2%
  • Hard mode only

Votes: 257 46.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kain_99 said:
Are your giant models the chaos models from the canceled warhammer mod I forget the name of? I know people were working on one then canceled it and I know warsword conquest got the ok to use some of there stuff Noticed a few of them with chaos markings on the skulls on there belts etc.

Yes, we have permission. Furok put out a DL for the models as OSP so they are free to use.

Working on the little things a bit...

I was dabbling with companions a bit in response to a player request for more female ones.  Just for fun, I added my player character as a companion.  :twisted:

mb1_zps3jttohwi.jpg

She replaces Alindel for now (I don't know how to add new companions).

mb2_zps9zhqbz5b.jpg

mb3_zpsnbqc2fkh.jpg

mb4_zpswxagjusu.jpg

mb5_zpskylj4kex.jpg

mb6_zpsulk6w5rp.jpg

mb7_zps1tnmzyfb.jpg

mb8_zpsvyngb7ja.jpg

mb9_zpsxhrvtasc.jpg

I've also added the likes/dislikes and location chat.

I'm not sure if this will be in Perisno 0.8, but I'll very likely add her to MelsPerisno.  She's not as strong a healer as Alindel, but she's very good with Persuasion and Leadership.  A good vassal (or wife)  :roll:

Will the giants have a new mount  in accordance with their race? (Like the dwarves that have thurs)

Trarco said:
Will the giants have a new mount  in accordance with their race? (Like the dwarves that have thurs)
No plans for that at the moment.

Trarco said:
No. Most likely not. Unless we get mammoths or something, but at this point there are no plans for mounts.

"0.8 will not be savegame compatible" means I won't be able to move characters from previous versions to 0.8? :O

Andrix said:
"0.8 will not be savegame compatible" means I won't be able to characters from previous versions to 0.8? :O

Correct.  Any major update (.6, .7, .8 &c.) will not be compatible.  Minor updates (.73, .74 &c.) may be compatible.  Hotfixes are always compatible.

MelanieWard said:
Andrix said:
"0.8 will not be savegame compatible" means I won't be able to characters from previous versions to 0.8? :O

Correct.  Any major update (.6, .7, .8 &c.) will not be compatible.  Minor updates (.73, .74 &c.) may be compatible.  Hotfixes are always compatible.
That is... horrible. 0.8 better be worth it...

Andrix said:
Yeah, but the thought of starting again all over is chilling.
I don't know the specifics, but the Warband engine doesn't allow mods to make big changes for a new version without messing up save games from a previous version. There's nothing that mod developers can do about it. Do you know about importing/exporting characters?

Hylaeus said:
Andrix said:
I don't know the specifics, but the Warband engine doesn't allow mods to make big changes for a new version without messing up save games from a previous version. There's nothing that mod developers can do about it. Do you know about importing/exporting characters?
Never tried doing that (I'm relatively new to singleplayer, so I don't know a lot), what does that do?

Andrix said:
Never tried doing that (I'm relatively new to singleplayer, so I don't know a lot), what does that do?
It exports all of your characters´s statistics (strength, agility, power strike, power draw...) plus your money, level, experience and appearance to a pure text file. Then you can import it back when you start a new game so your character stays the same.

It does not export your inventory though.

As a Dev, I've done ten thousand restarts  :lol:

Importing a character does not import renown and honour.  It's easy to edit the text file, though, to adjust stats, skills, and money.

When I do a 'fast track' restart, I usually don't start at a high level, because I want to build renown and honour first.  I do give myself a lot of gold, though, to allow myself to buy better armour and mercenaries to speed things along.  I open the character menu (with the C key), click on the picture, export the character.  Alt-tab, open the saved character file, edit it by hand to my preferences, save the file.  Tab back into Perisno, import the character.

Hylaeus said:
Andrix said:
That's true. Even the smallest changes can break save game compatibility.

Hi devs, others. Im new to the Perisno mod. Wanted to drop a line saying how absolutely fantastic this mod is! Love it and play it all the time now, best mod for warband hands down! I really like the idea your modding team is still pushing forward with Perisno, its like a dream come true for me, an early Christmas :razz: hah. Anyhow thankyou for the awesome work done on this and I will continue to play your product for quite a while to come. I did some of the reading on this post and im glad to say to Robin that im excited to see the new faction! Tho there are many great factions to choose from now and an awesome map to play on for sure, during my play I was thinking how great it would be to have another faction on the map to tussle with and especially to fill in some of those gaps on the map you mentioned. Very cool. Have you given thought to maybe adding in slightly smaller factions perhaps that may be a little easier to take over for some players? During my play I was thinking it would be cool to fill in that other island on the map, similar to how valahir is done(maybe there are some factions on some of the island out there I don't know about yet, only two weeks into the mod with several games). I mean there are indeed a good selection of larger factions now,  that I love. Just food for thought! Again thanks for this mod!

Sorenerv :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom