• No

Votes: 208 37.2%
  • Hard mode only

Votes: 257 46.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of agreeing with Leonion and Elf here, the response to some of those posts was rude and not in line with the behavior expected of people who are supposed to be mature members of a community.  A forum's tone is set by the devs in the forum, if they are rude people will feel justified being rude to them.  While I understand that Robin isn't working on .71, it is still reasonable, given that the thread is an open conversation, to bring up concerns about fixing content rather than focusing on adding it. 

Asking us to avoid bugs is also is foolish, some of the bugs limit gameplay and content, and thus can't be just 'avoided'.  For example, the balance issues with Falcon distorts the entire game and the issues with player-run kingdoms make it difficult to functionally run your own kingdom.  While this mod is worked on for free, and we are all very appreciative of your work, that does not bar us from having opinions and sharing them in a respectful manner.  Nor does does it mean entitle others to act disrespectfully.  Modding is a shared process, and any wise creator of content hungers for detailed and polite feedback.

Malorn said:

I have admitted partial fault, not much more to say in this conversation.
The Dark Robin said:
Fair enough. Doesn't change my opinion, but I should have worded it differently.
If there are any more posts on the matter I will delete them, I should not have posted about this is the first place, and now I am stopping it.

Elf said:
Do we need more factions?  The further question is "Do we need more features?"  0.7 (minus the bugs)  is already a great mod.  More features are always nice, but I believe players prefer a bug-free, stable mod to more features atm.  More features mean more bugs, and more workload (possibly more frustration) for the team.  Just my two cents.

Allow me to reinrepretate Robin's words as he is more pationate when it comes to the development:

Yes, Perisno is a great mod as it stands right now, but shouldn't be a limitant on it's growth. The developers want to make it greater and bigger and, well, i can't say "no" to more stuff in a mod.

Yes, the next installment WILL be bug free (or at the very least free of the bugs from the current patch). But if more bugs appear, either being gamebreaking or them being small, they will be fixed, i know we've all been waiting for some time, but it IS getting closer.

As for the current conflict, there is no need to be confrotational everyone, things are slowly but surely coming along, be sure to check the thread every so often, also don't forget to post your concerns or issues regarding 0.8 and no, there will not be more conflicts like this, and no one is going to delete anything, let's just be mindful everyone. (staff and users included)

Don't worry Malorn......the whaaambulance is on its way.  :mrgreen:  You want bug free then open your checkbook and put the modders on your payroll.  Otherwise be patient and relax hoss.  :wink:

Brekka said:
Don't worry Malorn......the whaaambulance is on its way.  :mrgreen:  You want bug free then open your checkbook and put the modders on your payroll.  Otherwise be patient and relax hoss.  :wink:

Yeah! Let's just sit down, relax, maybe have some coffee and tell dirty jokes.

The Dark Robin said:
Malorn said:

I have admitted partial fault, not much more to say in this conversation.
The Dark Robin said:
Fair enough. Doesn't change my opinion, but I should have worded it differently.
If there are any more posts on the matter I will delete them, I should not have posted about this is the first place, and now I am stopping it.

Although Robin has a rep as quick to critique, I must say he has some damn good work on his other mod.  I actually didn't realize there was
more than meets the eye until I checked it out.  I really don't mind a prima donna that actually WRITES, although it kind of sucks to play
something that you know you're just gonna restart in a few days.  I enjoyed briefly play testing v7 but some of those bugs just keep showing up,
and I guess a person that isn't ready to shrug and continue really feels like the best fun they get is when theres some level of a finished working sort-of well
breakpoint before offering new features.  It would be nice to have a re-issue .7 without major pain but maybe as Dark Robin suggests .8 is likely to get better testing and is closer to finishing than .71; the two might be monsters to merge as they grow apart.  Dark Robin made some good work; Michadr made awesome work.  I really don't know who writes what better, I just know the products they IMBUED with their soul really do impress me.

I'd love to see the source, but its like asking someone to hand over their newborn baby "for a while", to a complete stranger.
  There's very few modules really open sourced; and therefore its difficult to even guestimate how well commented or how understandable the module
is in present form.  The only one I really have any practice with was Gekokujo, and that ONLY because I wanted to "fix" letting my wife join my party,
and it had open source available.  In the 1990s, every line was commented.  Hell I even had to comment every line in assembler, as to why THIS operation and not some other was happening.  With Perl the code is much easier to read but it can be difficult to follow many people making changes if they don't have discipline in marking changes, when, why, what for, and so on.  I can understand why they don't want too many cooks in the kitchen.  Except for true artistes.  And a true "artiste" may have aa bit of manic temper, and still be a tremendous gift to the community.

I remember when Robin bit my buttocks off when I penned an article to help new playtesters with really simple technology, figuring some liked games but weren't technical.  He felt I wasted his bandwidth.  I reckon he was right, but I didn't like getting chewed out.  Made me quit testing for a while till I cooled off.  Decided he was right anyway.  I say too much.

Sorry for wasting YOUR bandwidth thinking about it...

Is there any chance that customizable troops will be introduced in 0.8?
The form doesn't matter (a troop tree, an order, personal guards, unique mercs etc) but it's always cool to be able to create your own troops legally (i.e. in game, not in Morghs Editor)

Hmmm... Well perhaps I could do something with prison/castle guards, as that will not mess with balance. Your idea has spawned a few in my head other than that also, if I get it more fleshed out in my head I will give it a go. :smile:

I would love to see the Freelancer Mercenaries implemented like they are in Floris with the ability to customize their gear somewhat. We could always dream about Pendor style Knighthood Orders though.

Leonion said:
The form doesn't matter (a troop tree, an order, personal guards, unique mercs etc) but it's always cool to be able to create your own troops legally (i.e. in game, not in Morghs Editor)
oh i like this would be fing sweet to be able to customize your own house nobles maybe make a set amount of gold you can spend on equipment and skills but still let you have full control

Weapon breaking added to hard mode. New poll.

Also, a tip for players in hard mode:
Masterwork weapons will never break.

T.L.S. said:
and what about legendary?

Thank you for reminding me, I will add that now. Is there any list of all legendary weapons for me to add exclusions for them all?

The Dark Robin said:
Is there any list of all legendary weapons for me to add exclusions for them all?

Perisno wiki?
http://perisno.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Weapons
I'm not sure if this list is complete and up-to-date though...

So how has the mod be going? I( havent really been following it since like 0.5)

And also on a sidenote, did you guys ever get the custom villages scences i did? i also did a roman city and questing hub one.

I don't believe we have gotten the scenes, go ahead and message me with a download link/terrain code and I will add them. :smile:

As for progress, custom household troops as suggested by Leonion are nearly finished, I have tested the customizing feature and found it to be bug free. Now I just need to make the recruiting process. Edit: Finished.

Equipping:
SLWBwJT.jpg
hZzIKvr.jpg
Fighting some Divine Aethlings:
5FTDdET.jpg
RBS1Mbd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom