Version 2.4 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

monnikje

Master Knight
It's been a while since the previous version came out. The past two months have been very busy for all of us, hence the delay in this version. And when I finally had uploaded the pack to all the different mirrors, we discovered a very irritating bug that just hád to be fixed. Anyway, you don't have to worry about anything, since version 2.4 is finally released! Head over to the Introduction + Download page and get it now.

So... What's new in this version?
- Various bugfixes.
- Reworked the arenas.
- 5 new mods added.
- 22 new scripts added.
- Sea trade added.
- Raised the amount of Sound effects till 1100.

It's worth to note that I also released an optional sounds addon, which you can find over here. This raises the amount of sound effects to almost 1700. Unfortunately, it won't work on all computers. That's why we decided to release this as an optional download. If you feel a bit adventurous, go ahead and give it a try.

And which mods and scripts, you might ask? Well, here they are:

New mods:

New scripts:

A few words on Seatrade:

This new feature spawns parties of "Royal Traders" on the sea. These parties act accordingly to the Caravan behavior (Merchant AI) and travel between cities thereby influencing their prosperity. Since this meddles with the native balance we decided to make them rather rare and only spawn them at roughly 1/10th of the rate of normal caravans. The most trade routes are in the Nord territory.

Additionally to the peaceful traders we also implemented part of ruthvens sea battle code. So you will also see quite a few "Searaiders" sailing around.

As of now the player has no way to interact with these new parties. We did already add ruthvens code concerning this, but would like to expand the functions and test the new code, which we created, before we include that particular feature.

PS: For the code hungry/interested - Keywords for searching would be seatrade, sea trade and Marker and Ruthvens stuff would be Wulf

Hell yes! Wouldn't be playing singleplayer still if it wasn't for this great mod!
Has the troop tree imbalance been worked on? If not, will the optional troop trees work with this new version, or will they need to be updated first?

edit: I'd also like to point out that the optional sound link isn't working.

I'm back form work, and fixed the link in this topic :smile:. I had forgotten to copy-paste the link to newly created topic in this post. Thanks!

Troop imbalance fixing hasn't been a major focus this time, sorry for that. But I'm going to have a look at that for 2.5.

and don't get too many mini heart attacks, for you still have to play the mod :wink:.

:evil:
I was waiting so long. And just after I installed Space Rangers 2 Revolution, 2.4 is released :mad:
Sorry monnikje, but your mod will have to wait a bit more :grin:
Nevertheless great work, guys!

Thanks for the work, I need to spend another week Or so on my current game to see if my strategy has any unexpected issues.

on the seatraders..how cool if we could go to sea, and if we encounter a boat in the sea load a battle scene with 2 ships interlocked to fight? :smile:

this release looks fantastic! looking forward to finally trying it in depth this weekend after I get my mod working with it.

pada said:
on the seatraders..how cool if we could go to sea, and if we encounter a boat in the sea load a battle scene with 2 ships interlocked to fight? :smile:

this release looks fantastic! looking forward to finally trying it in depth this weekend after I get my mod working with it.

That code is already present within 2.4 (thx and credit go largely to ruthven for scenes and code), but because the sea trade was a very complex and difficult piece of work, we wanted to make sure that it works. Also we have quite a few refinements in mind for ruthvens code - but wanted to release 2.4 :grin:

pada said:
Oh, don't you worry, this will be in our next release. :wink:
We had the code ready for the battles, more or less, but the dialogs and consequences were all off and we couldn't hold 2.4 any longer.

EDIT - lol, didn't noticed Duh's ninja until now.

Just wanted to say thanks for a great mod, i just started to play since 2.3, but i have been waiting for this  :razz:
One thing that bugs me is that is it normal only to get loot after 25% of battles or so? i have started to fight looters etc and im not getting any loot after most of the battles. Loot screen doesn't even come up, just skips straight to world map with some coins, i even raised  looting skill to 2. (been playing PoP for the last 2 weeks so i'm kinda used to getting loot after every battle)
Now to tell the truth i did mess with item_kinds.txt with another save game, but i reverted back to original. It shouldn't affect right?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i just didn't know if it's a bug or normal behavior. Thanks again for all the effort for the mod.

It looks sweet.  Love to get it a try when you've ironed out the bugs a bit.  It's unplayable for me atm (which I was afraid would happen, I have a marginal computer for Warband and Floris for all the really very sweet bells and whistles is the definition of feature creep).  Here's hoping you guys manage to smooth out the code again so that guys like me who download other people's mods because we aren't modders (and thus don't know what you're talking about when you try to explain about stripping features from the code as we and have no grasp of Python) can play again.

Peace out for now.

You guys need a Floris For Dinosaurs version, with all the fancy graphical and sound enhancements stripped out but the core gameplay left intact.  I'd go for that.  From the screams of anguish coming from the Support thread I'd wager a few others might as well.

Back
Top Bottom