Version 1.5.0 Notables die of natural causes at age 50+ but dont have a replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

aG3NTo

Recruit
With the implementation of dying of old mechanics now all my notables in the villages and cities die of old age, but dont get a replacement. They just despawn somehow after a while. Maybe some random villager should then replace the old guy with a fresh power level or something....

Also, notables get negative power level in my savegames....

Additionally nonplayer small faction Lords are now dying of old age, and do not get a replacement.Yes the realism is nice for player and the big clan factions, who breed like bunnies in my savegame from 1.4.3, but the small factions would soon die out.

I am about on Day 1000, my kids are just 4 years old, so if i would die of old age, i would not even have a mature heir...

Last edited by a moderator:
A village notable in Aster (now Vlandian controlled, OG is Battania) died of old age and was replaced with another I never seen before. Derngil of Aster (Battanian culture) ---> Elthert of Aster (looks like Vlandia tho, I have the Change Settlement culture mod). This happened in a remote Aserai village and nobody replaced the one (unless that village was always 2 notables, I will check more on this later) that died so it's possible this happens all the time without a mod.

That and the minor faction thing would be game breaking

Last edited:
EDIT: Did some testing... 2 Aserai village notables respawned with new guys, 1 Vlandia as well, 1 Battania as well, 1 or 2 Empire DID NOT (maybe its bugged because of the 3 different Empires?), haven't seen Sturgia or Khuzait village notable die yet.

Minor faction havent seen any die yet but I believe you. For the kingdom clans, it seems like the oldest son always takes over (3/3 so far).

Does anybody know if widows marry/have kids after their husband dies or vice versa?

Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save files here:
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.

I will retest in current 1.5 cause i rolled back my game from 1.5 to 1.4.3 . Now 1.5 is live i gotta reproduce it. WIll provide savegame when its appearing again.

Do you have a save file of that session? It will really help us immensely. This way, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save files here:
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please put this threads URL into the description field so that we can find it easier.

Yupp appears in current 1.5 LIVE too. I lloaded a save from LIVE version 1.4.3. Now Notables disappear with the message "XYZ got lost". Some other "... die of old age".

I uploaded the save files and included the link to this thread.

AEFB5FC9FCD31501705BCF435A5CA66B45EA74F9

In general, where do new lords come from, for small factions and where do notables of villlages come from if they die of old age? In the current state of the game if there is no respawn mechanic, the game will be unplayable at day 1800+.

I fear now that my character will die off before my first daughter is even adult.

Dying from old age is a good new addition, but it can really crash your whole game if you are not a fast marrying, fast child producing money beast that conquers calradia at the age of 40....

Back
Top Bottom