Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 released

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems like it. There shouldn't be any more major engine changing operations; so if they stick to fixing small things I guess it is safe to update for now. Regardless I can't wait to make use of the new operations.

is there a way to disable the xbox controller's auto buttons. I use xpadder so I have my own control settings the way I like it.

But after 1.153 or 52 it screwed me over. I usually have the A button as space (jump/pause) but now it acts as a right mouse click when in the map screen. This has caused me much grief when trying pause right quick to figure out how to out run an army with more than 1000 soldier than I have. Also the bumpers act as the orders thing now, its ok I suppose for gameplay, but I also do machinima and prefer to use my controller for them (its easier and I have smoother control of the camera). With my pre define control settings, I usually have the left bumper for view outfit (again when doing machinimas) but its kinda frustrating when I hit that button and the Fu**ing battle field orders list drops, especially when some crazy awesome spontaneous **** goes down that its near impossible to recreate. Is there no aid to my ailment?!

So there wont be any major changes and patches in near future? I hope so.
You know something is wrong when patches annoy you instead of cheering up. :neutral:

These group of patches weren't that bad unlike the 1.134 to 1.143 patches, operations were changed. This time operations were added so there really isn't a big deal unless someone is still having sound problems.

My problem with these patches is that because of them WSE stopped working. And together with it, lots of great mods. Also, I heard rumors that changes in these patches are made in a way that forced modders to change their scripts(or other things) to work or something. Not sure if true, can't verify it.

KuroiNekouPL said:
My problem with these patches is that because of them WSE stopped working. Add together with it, lots of great mods. Also, I heard rumors that changes in these patches are made in a way that forced modders to change their scripts(or other things) to work or something. Not sure if true, can't verify it.
Not true, mods that don't use WSE continued working well, no changes were necessary AFAIK. The final patch was fine (minus some sound problems, and possibly connectivity issues) and added a few welcome script fixes and new operations for modders.

MadVader said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
My problem with these patches is that because of them WSE stopped working. Add together with it, lots of great mods. Also, I heard rumors that changes in these patches are made in a way that forced modders to change their scripts(or other things) to work or something. Not sure if true, can't verify it.
Not true, mods that don't use WSE continued working well, no changes were necessary AFAIK. The final patch was fine (minus some sound problems, and possibly connectivity issues) and added a few welcome script fixes and new operations for modders.
Actually true.  Several mods with a combined character creation process needed to be fixed to prevent the game hanging up on the banner selection screen.  I can speak for Floris first hand on that, but heard of others using the NMC screen running into it as well.  That said, it was not that difficult to fix and I would rather do that and still get a game update that adds new modding toys to play with.

Vincenzo said:
AI for choosing the correct weapon against enemies is updated.
special wielded item variable is added for agents in order not to override the weapon selection given by the module
I've twice now experienced a brief period where player is unable to switch from pole weapon. Once on horseback, once on foot. Both times well into the battle. EDIT: it switches briefly to the next weapon, then within the second back again.

I'm pretty sure this is not my code. I've not noticed if my weapons selections for other agents are being overriden; not that I've really looked. I kind of doubt it, though, as one would hear it at regular intervals.

What is the "special wielded item variable?" I don't pick it up with my diff on variables.txt

motomataru said:
What is the "special wielded item variable?" I don't pick it up with my diff on variables.txt
I believe this is something they had to add to the engine's agent-tracking in order to maintain the functionality of agent_set_wielded_item, not a module system variable; with the first test run of this new decision-making they had broken that operation completely.

Somebody said:
Probably has to do with the amount of times stand closer/spread out has been called.
Confirmed (since I'm already tracking such things). team_get_gap_distance() (somewhat misnamed) returns 1 for divisions in four ranks, 2 for three ranks, etc. up to the maximum of 6.
Caba`drin said:
I believe this is something they had to add to the engine's agent-tracking in order to maintain the functionality of agent_set_wielded_item, not a module system variable; with the first test run of this new decision-making they had broken that operation completely.
Any idea how to signal the engine that one is done "scripting" the weapons? Maybe it's a time thing, because I sometimes hear weapons switching after I'm done switching them...

Hey I'm new to these forums and kinda new to M&B Warband, I've been playing it for about a month. I want to start doing a little modding with the latest module system, but I can't seem to find any documentation for it. I have all the tools I need (I think i do any way), GIMP, Python, Wings, etc. So if some nice person could point me in the direction of some documentation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Adorno said:
You can't have looked very long  :smile:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

I saw these, but I noticed they were made back in 2006, and I wasn't sure if they were still relevant. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom