Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 released

Users who are viewing this thread

Harry_ said:
anyone else notice that in NW the muskets switch to the left hand bone when reloading?
Is this a new feature, or some sneaky trick? Vincenzo? Is it on by default on all muskets?

Added for WFaS for musket reload animation.

["reload_crossbow", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
  [2.5, "man_reload", 0, 340, arf_stick_item_to_left_hand|arf_blend_in_3],
],
["reload_crossbow_horseback", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
],

Maxim Suvorov said:
Harry_ said:
anyone else notice that in NW the muskets switch to the left hand bone when reloading?
Is this a new feature, or some sneaky trick? Vincenzo? Is it on by default on all muskets?

Added for WFaS for musket reload animation.

["reload_crossbow", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
],
["reload_crossbow_horseback", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,
],

Ah! NW is the first place i noticed it. Awesome, thx.

From Steam methinks:
WrathofWoe said:
Common:
- Bugs related with sounds and music have been fixed. Disable music option now works correctly.
- Muskets sticking to left hand after reloading bug has been fixed.

Single player:
- Several dialog text fixes.
- Lords now defect even faster when their faction has no centers left.
- Minor fix on faction AI.

Multiplayer:
- Trees with bad physics that caused missiles to pass through them have been fixed.
- Switching module without closing the application now works.

They've also updated bugs.taleworlds.com with a bunch of stuff marked green, etc, including a goodly number of SP module system errors. So hopefully when 1.152 ModSys rolls out, it actually reflects these changes.

Hmm.. no Data folder? Looks a bit rushed.
- some minor dialog fixes
- a nasty bug with AI screening parties fixed
- finally, the faction AI will break feasts to defend, it seems
- and lords will mass defect when the kingdom is out of real estate (btw, my little fix it seems)
- not sure about MP code, but it seems they changed max players from 200 to 64

Docm30 said:
And yet the ranged bot AI seems to remain broken.
Quite. They've requested saves that demonstrate this bug as they allegedly couldn't reproduce it (so, if any have good examples/instructions on how to reproduce, head to the BugTracker)...but they only did that about 2-3 hours before the patch was released, while the bug was posted right when 1.150 came out.

Unfortunately, I can't not reproduce it. Even in an unchanged native game 75% of the bots face the wrong direction.

To work for a year and a half on a mod then have a patch completely break it is very frustrating.

Not sure why they need save games as it does it in custom battles 100% of the time for me, at least.

Make video and post a link to it and a savegame state. 

I don't think they're in denial or whatnot, they simply can't reproduce the bug.  That happens more often than you'd think; don't worry, I don't think they're blowing it off.

Given that it's probably a bug in the vector math, it may even be hardware dependent due to compiler settings.  I see it happen, but largely with cavalry Agents with missile weapons; for the most part Agents who are infantry are OK, with a few scenarios where it's going wrong.

Usually, I advance troops to get them to face the right way.

Brytenwalda players were complaining a couple versions back that troops were advancing backwards. I couldn't replicate it, but assumed it was a side effect of a "rethink" I put in to get troops to move on to the next opponent when their formations adjusted. I assumed it was because somehow the troops were sensing someone behind them, but the players swore that wasn't the case.

Docm30 said:
Unfortunately, I can't not reproduce it. Even in an unchanged native game 75% of the bots face the wrong direction.

To work for a year and a half on a mod then have a patch completely break it is very frustrating.

Not sure why they need save games as it does it in custom battles 100% of the time for me, at least.
xenoargh said:
Make video and post a link to it and a savegame state. 

I don't think they're in denial or whatnot, they simply can't reproduce the bug.  That happens more often than you'd think; don't worry, I don't think they're blowing it off.

Given that it's probably a bug in the vector math, it may even be hardware dependent due to compiler settings.  I see it happen, but largely with cavalry Agents with missile weapons; for the most part Agents who are infantry are OK, with a few scenarios where it's going wrong.

More on this from Daegoth (http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3939):
[quote author=Daegoth]
neither the uploaded save nor "a custom battle" helps us find a perfect example for this kind of behavior, so still not able to reproduce it. please be more specific on the custom battle map, because as far as i can see it doesn't happen on every map.

without seeing the example though, i've found an updated part that might have caused problems. does this behavior happen when the enemy cannot be seen due to terrain? if that's the case, the fix is made for the next version. please confirm.
[/quote]

Anyone knows what's the point of using "use_crossbow_as_firearm = 1"? I know it makes crossbows use firearms proficiency, but that's seems to be all it's pros. Cons are: no more vertex animation support, bolts are still the default ammo (so it won't work with normal bullets). So, really, what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom