Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 released

Users who are viewing this thread

Vincenzo said:
The module system and other sourcecode for the DLC will be released in a few months time, then you can easily make mods upon NW, ill create a simple installer script for you guys aswell for that.
Vincenzo said:
you need animations for crouch, your not allowed to port them though, so add your own.
So what are you really trying to say here? If we don't buy the DLC then what? If the source code for native adds in animations why not integrate them in the Core files?

Also, what about the the faction defeated bug from 1.143? That hasn't been fixed in this release. This "patch" is looking more like support for DLC and less like a patch.  :mad:

Vincenzo said:
I hope you all will make better mods now, as always if there are any more intresting requests that could do a lot with little time, hit me up with a PM.

Once more, itp_attach_armature for weapon and ammunition meshes  :grin:

How hard can it be when it works for headwear already?

Computica said:
This "patch" is looking more like support for DLC and less like a patch.  :mad:
That is quite clear. (Particularly in the way patching broke Native ranged bot AI.)

Computica said:
Also, what about the the faction defeated bug from 1.143? That hasn't been fixed in this release.
It should be, though still different than 1.134 and prior, and a bit delayed: 
Caba`drin said:
1) Kings can no longer respawn if the faction has no lands.
2) Lords can still respawn if their faction has no lands, but they have a 100% chance of defecting to a new kingdom when they are next checked for defection after they their respawn.
3) Within 2 days from being defeated, a lord respawns (as it always has been). A given lord is checked every 72-hours or so to see if they should defect (as it always has been)
4) So, within 5 days of a defeat and escape a lord in a faction with no fiefs should defect to a new faction, rather than the possibly interminable, largely randomized way it ran in all previous versions.
5) During those up to 5 days, they will be a party of 1 roaming the map without any meaningful AI--like they did in 1.142/3--but there's a definite end in sight to their wandering.

I tested how lord defections work when a faction has no centers left. It doesn't work as the comments in the code lead you to believe (100% defections).
So, yeah, let's wait a bit more for that 1.152. :smile:
MadVader said:
Caba`drin said:
Upon second look, there is still a good chance that defection can fail to occur, even for land-less factions.  It would appear my first look (while largely correct) was overly hasty. Defection is not guaranteed within 5 days--but only has a 50% chance every time it is checked (every 72 hours) and passes the previously mentioned changed check at 100%, even for land-less factions.

I'd revise my comments, unfortunately; this is still broken.

Will state as much on the BugTracker to be clear for the devs.
Confirmed failed fix. In random cases they either fail to defect because they like the king or because their best faction is still their original faction. In my old game, none of the lone lords defected.
Sloppy coding, I suppose.

Here's what I did to re-fix it (simple triggers).
          (try_begin),
            (this_or_next|eq, ":num_centers", 0),
            (neq, ":who_moves_first", 0),
            (neq, ":troop_no", "trp_player"),

#do a defection
            (try_begin),
              (neq, ":num_centers", 0),

(assign, "$g_give_advantage_to_original_faction", 1),
            (try_end),             
            (store_faction_of_troop, ":eek:rig_faction", ":troop_no"),

@Dziadu: Just for you: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/653762-temporary-fix-for-lord-defections-in-1151/ :smile:

Turned "Advanced Formations" on. Redoes the command menus, but half the strings are missing. However, you can still use the commands. Ordered a five-rank formation. Last rank consistently out of position. Like previous Native formations, the troops break ranks when enemy closes.

So I guess my work with ranks is still not obsolete!

Perhaps the new operations make the update worthwhile...

BTW, I was able to modify non-player speeds before with agent_set_speed_limit(). It's how I keep a formation on the move together at its maximum speed without hard-coding anything. It was NOT easy to implement, admittedly, and there seemed to be an upper limit based on encumbrance, skills.

Confirmed to work in SP:

agent_set_speed_modifier, agent_set_reload_speed_modifier, agent_set_reload_speed_modifier, agent_set_use_speed_modifier

Yay, time to make some Fricking Ninjas  :twisted:

Does anyone have any idea what the "itp_is_pike" does? I can't see any difference when I use it. Not that I know what to look for ^^

Ah hmmm.... that could be. So no actual weapon properties change then. I was thinking it might be extra damage to horses, but nope.

Gotha said:
Is there a way to use set_skybox, set_rain, scene_set_day_time in Native MP without sync. event?

I can't test anything atm...

Will it sync automatically? (since 1.150)
Bump! I'll be able to test this later today. It'd be cool to have the skybox change according to the time of the day.

Anyone notice this change in 1.151 as well?

1.151 Quest Log
JPMYDvkE

1.143 Quest Log
azvyLVRH

This extra text appears in the quest log, character notes, game concepts, etc...  It does not appear to be modifiable in module_presentations (that I have found yet) and doesn't appear to have been directly added to the background image.  I am guessing the DLC probably moved these "link lists" down a bit further on the page, but this was not done for native causing the above overlap.
Problem solved.

Code:
note_t_keys_title_position_x = 0.74
note_t_keys_title_position_y = 0.71
note_t_keys_title_size_x = 0.18
note_t_keys_title_size_y = 0.1
note_t_keys_title_text_size_x = 0.025
note_t_keys_title_text_size_y = 0.025
note_t_keys_title_text_flags = 0x10
note_t_keys_title_text_color = 0xFF000000
Also, note_s_keys_size_y  was 0.62, note_sc_keys_size_y was 0.648
There's some sound variables stuff snuck in there too.

anyone else notice that in NW the muskets switch to the left hand bone when reloading?
Is this a new feature, or some sneaky trick? Vincenzo? Is it on by default on all muskets?

Harry_ said:
anyone else notice that in NW the muskets switch to the left hand bone when reloading?
Is this a new feature, or some sneaky trick? Vincenzo? Is it on by default on all muskets?
It's an old feature; in SoD Warlords I use that animation flag for reloading.

Back
Top Bottom