Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 released

Users who are viewing this thread

Docm30 said:
Spiffing!

I wonder if crouching AI is included in some capacity, or if I'll have to do that myself.
The AI does indeed use crouch, at least if you set "use_advanced_formation = 1". This little feature requires some additional coding however.

What about server files ? Nothing new on TL download page.

All servers are running the old version, which causes all sorts of bugs (playing native).

Thanks

Mackovich said:

All servers are running the old version, which causes all sorts of bugs (playing native).

Thanks
Please keep stuff like this to the main patch discussion thread in the Guildhall: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225282.0.html
(Vincenzo just stated there that the dedicated server files should be being uploaded shortly.)

Caba`drin said:
Mackovich said:

Thanks
Please keep stuff like this to the main patch discussion thread in the Guildhall: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225282.0.html
(Vincenzo just stated there that the dedicated server files should be being uploaded shortly.)

Apologies, I didn't know.

Thanks for the link.

Slawtering said:
I personally can't wait for the MS. I'm more bothered about that than NW and I've been wanting that since we found out about it.
I can't wait for the NW MS. I want to mod that DLC.... If possible

Can't wait for MS to be out :grin:.

- In multiplayer, Khergit troop stats have been rebalanced to make them more viable.
-> Finally...

- Lots of new operations, flags and trigger types have been added for the benefit of modders.
-> :grin:

- Troop AI for selecting alternative weapon mode has been added.
-> Nice addition, but done by Caba already :razz:

- In multiplayer server filtering, "Compatible with version" checkbox has been renamed as "Compatible with module" and now it checks for both module and its version.
-> Never understood why this wasn't done in first place...

- Core resource files and shader files have been made modifiable.
-> Yay! I'm guessing this only means the addition of post-fx? Or more?

- Memory usage for resources and navigation meshes have been reduced.
-> Makes Xeno a happy man!

- Face generator system now supports multiple meshes to apply deforms.
- Playing sounds from hard drive option has been added for module system.
- Network data priority values have been updated.

-> Anyone know what these means??

SonKidd said:
Can't wait for MS to be out :grin:.

- In multiplayer, Khergit troop stats have been rebalanced to make them more viable.
-> Finally...

- Lots of new operations, flags and trigger types have been added for the benefit of modders.
-> :grin:

- Troop AI for selecting alternative weapon mode has been added.
-> Nice addition, but done by Caba already :razz:

- In multiplayer server filtering, "Compatible with version" checkbox has been renamed as "Compatible with module" and now it checks for both module and its version.
-> Never understood why this wasn't done in first place...

- Core resource files and shader files have been made modifiable.
-> Yay! I'm guessing this only means the addition of post-fx? Or more?

- Memory usage for resources and navigation meshes have been reduced.
-> Makes Xeno a happy man!

- Face generator system now supports multiple meshes to apply deforms.

-> Anyone know what these means??
last one nope but might be that you can add like glasses to the faces or customizations for head like glases pipes and stuff

This means you can stream the audio directly from the HDD rather than having them constantly loaded in memory. Helps with reducing memory if you assign this to sounds (it's a flag). I'd advise you to use it for all larger and/or rare sounds. Frequent sounds are generally better to keep memory loaded.

It is the priority for which data is sent first between client and server basically.

Beaver said:
This means you can stream the audio directly from the HDD rather than having them constantly loaded in memory. Helps with reducing memory if you assign this to sounds (it's a flag). I'd advise you to use it for all larger and/or rare sounds. Frequent sounds are generally better to keep memory loaded.

It is the priority for which data is sent first between client and server basically.

Did they happen to finally optimize the game so that not as many server-client messages are needed? I really hate having to make a whole new flipping event every time I want to deliver damage to an agent, play an animation, or play a sound on keypress in MP

Well I think that is just your coding since only a keypress from client to server would be needed as a module system event, all the others can be done server side?

Also underwater these operations naturally also make server > client events in-engine....
Overall the network layer has been optimized here and there.

Im guessing (using rain as an example) the rain dropping is different for everyone on the server so therefore it is random, so now (guessing) it is all in sync  so a rain drop will drop the same for everyone.

Either that or as it says the amount of rain so someone might see it absolutely pissing it down and someone else will see it just about a torrent of rain.

Slawtering said:
Im guessing (using rain as an example) the rain dropping is different for everyone on the server so therefore it is random, so now (guessing) it is all in sync  so a rain drop will drop the same for everyone.

Either that or as it says the amount of rain so someone might see it absolutely pissing it down and someone else will see it just about a torrent of rain.
Your right on that i think

There was a bug with the engine when you assign a scene with 80+ cloud amount there would be randomly rain for some clients, this is now fixed, to have rain in your maps, code the maps to have rain enabled with the rain operation.

Cheers.

Vincenzo said:
There was a bug with the engine when you assign a scene with 80+ cloud amount there would be randomly rain for some clients, this is now fixed, to have rain in your maps, code the maps to have rain enabled with the rain operation.

Cheers.
Woah Modder turned Developer. Congrats Vincenzo.

Vincenzo said:

Cheers.
Excellent!
Since you're an Ext. Dev now, could you tell us when the 1.150 MS will be released?  :lol: I'm pretty eager to use those new operations

Back
Top Bottom