Version 1.006 Update Released! (hotfix for servers released!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After numerous events and hours of hating of NW's melee, I can finaly say I had very enjoyable time in dueling with fellow 84e members. There are, in my opinion, still flaws in melee, but hey...good job.

Vincenzo said:
soullcath said:
Ive tried both patch updates besides the one where the link doesent even work, and I can start he game and get into a server for about 10 seconds then the game crashes telling always something different that apparently im missing calvary pants or some piano music or some random thing that I already installed and just keeps crashing.

Sartanas said:
I have a problem with the new update when i start the NW Multiplayer.

Couldn´t load "Textures\russ_pioneer.dds and some other from russia, austria...

Sorry for me english :oops:

yea I get that too...

Could you try a clean install:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_setup_1006.exe

"The program can't start because fmodec.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Thats funny, I JUST reinstalled it with the link you gave me...

Had about 350 duels just now and I must say that the melee is slightly better. One clear thing that needs to be changed though is that terrible 1,5 second stun you get if the guy you're fighting blocks your overhead. Made me do only 10 overheads during those 350 duels.

soullcath said:
Vincenzo said:
soullcath said:
Ive tried both patch updates besides the one where the link doesent even work, and I can start he game and get into a server for about 10 seconds then the game crashes telling always something different that apparently im missing calvary pants or some piano music or some random thing that I already installed and just keeps crashing.

Sartanas said:

yea I get that too...

"The program can't start because fmodec.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I see, could you first clean install Warband then:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1153.exe

After that install Napoleonic Wars clean again :smile:

Yeah, I feel this is the weakest patch to NW so far, save for the source code and maps. I appreciate all the work and everything, just this is a weak link to me.

Though, now we'll play CS in NW :twisted:

Anyway, it does feel REALLY slow now, and I find it EASIER to kill people, and all I have to do is to keep sidestepping the up attacks because it's useless now IMO. I'm getting killed by butterknifes and swords easier just because of their speed over the bayonet now. Easier to kill other bayonet users, and useless against swords.

Cav didn't need longer swords, they need to have faster horses :/

The melee got worse indeed. I just want the quick pased MM melee back. This is really bad melee at the moment. I appreciate all the work and nice maps flying squirells has made, but the melee is just god awful to be honest.

I'm not saying this to insult the developers, they are doing a great job. But the melee is really bad and it should be fixed in my opinion.

The typos on the Russian banners and opolchenie badges are still present; every foot regiment still has flaring buttons instead of parallel ones on their coats as if they have lapels while none do; and the Pavlovskiy officer still wears a mitre when he should have a shako.

That being said, I do like the new equipment over all, especially the artillery ranker. I also saw that the Preobrazhenskiy officer has a new gorget and all the petlitsy have been redone. It all looks very nice.

(I haven't played online yet so I can't comment on gameplay changes)

Vincenzo said:
soullcath said:
Vincenzo said:
soullcath said:

Sartanas said:

yea I get that too...

I see, could you first clean install Warband then:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1153.exe

After that install Napoleonic Wars clean again :smile:
after not even a second of trying to reinstall warband

"Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\fmodex.dll

There are some great additions in this update, but I hate the new melee for the most part, swords feel too OP now and up attacks feel so delayed when I'm using my trusty bayonet, I can get used to it but cavalry/officers are going to have a field day with me.  :shock:

Just my opinion, please don't get mad ^^

In all due honesty, I love the new lancers, the pantaloons are great and in general, the update was great. But that is if you wish to summarize. I find one problem with the update, it was my favorite part of the game and has now been ripped from my grasp. Melee.
WHY DELAY THE UPSTAB!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom