(Version 1.0) Errors

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Night Ninja said:
2) Dunno if this counts as a bug, but horses seem to be able to breathe underwater. Their nostrils are submerged, and they still work fine. :razz:
Both people and horses can breath under water. That's not a bug, drowning just hasn't been implemented.
Wow, theyve implemented sea horses in 1.0? Anyway, where have you got the press release from? Dont think most of you guys are press related?

The issue with the 4xxx series ATI cards still isn't fixed. Errr... I'm really hoping either the real final release or the next ATI driver release fix the problem.

Vilhjalmr said:
Am I the only now who thinks the animations could do whit being toned down just a hare? Especially the jumping and running animations?

The running one is over the top but the jumping one I'm not fussed about as I don't jump around much.

v1 bug: You can spawn outside the arena in Sargoth. Happened twice, once to me and once to an NPC, both of us were on the red team.

Vilhjalmr said:
Am I the only now who thinks the animations could do whit being toned down just a hare? Especially the jumping and running animations?

No, the jumping animation is silly, no man in full armor would bunny hop like that just to get .2 feet off the ground. The running one looks like the character is drunk and holding something in one hand that puts them severely off balance, a slight swagger is fine, especially if the character is holding a large, heavy weapon like a Double Handed Sword or a Maul.

I noticed a bug in the German version. When you ask someone about the whereabouts of someone else and that someone else is in the wilderness without any particular destination, then the person you asked will tell you they're in the wilderness near whoever you asked.

For example:
"Fürst Turya: König Ragnar ist in der Wildnis und im Moment wohl in der Nähe von Fürst Turya."

Sometimes it even looks like this:
"Fürst Regas: Fürst Devlian ist in der Wildnis und im Moment wohl in der Nähe von ."

This is the line you mean:
qstr_{s2}_{reg3?was:is}_i | {s2} {reg3?war:ist} in der Wildnis und {reg3?: im Moment} wohl in der Nähe von {s4}.

Translation:
qstr_{s2}_{reg3?was:is}_i | {s2} {reg3?was:is} in the Wilderness and {reg3?: at the moment} near {s4}.

Those translators have translated wool coat with "Holzkohle" which means charcoal. :mrgreen:

Well, here's another bug I found in the press copy today...

I was helping some Swadian lord against King Ragnar's party. It was the last stage of the battle and we were so close to win it, infact there was only one enemy left, then the bloody telephone rang! While I was talking on the phone (forgot to pause the game), that one guy knocked me unconscious. :mrgreen: But the odd thing is, when I chose to charge the remaining enemies, there was no one left to fight, it was 235 vs 0. The battle started and the game displayed some red error messages (couldn't get a screenshot) and then several seconds later displayed a "battle won" message. It didn't break the game but I think it's a major bug.

Night Ninja said:
3) Also, companions can no longer be left as part of a garrison. Is this intended?

In the Troop Editor I've noticed that the "Unmovable in party window" flag is checked for heroes in the press copy version. It was unchecked in the previous version. Could that be the reason?

The spy parties for Follow the Spy to Meeting still stack as in 0.960; the 11-man contact party sits on the same space as the 1-man spy party, so they have to be fought separately. This is very confusing because if you don't have the spy in sight when the two parties stack you would logically assume the spy's contact hasn't arrived yet.

The Board Shield can be used from horseback if you enter battle wielding it, although if you put it away or open the baggage it will be unusable as intended.

When I go to the options menu M&B tends to get a black screen and looks something like this:

It really pisses me off because I have to load .960 to change the options.

First the jumping animations are awsome! I love how he tucks his knees to get that extra height..

I have two bugs to report. Food no longer give any morale bonus and i have to attack caravans twice before actually attacking, thus giving double the bad relations

Before you start a new game, use the Troop Editor and make sure that the "Unmovable in party window" flag is unchecked for all the companions, otherwise you won't be able to garrison them. I don't know if why it is so, but it certainly spoils the fun.  :???:

Darian said:
The spy parties for Follow the Spy to Meeting still stack as in 0.960; the 11-man contact party sits on the same space as the 1-man spy party, so they have to be fought separately. This is very confusing because if you don't have the spy in sight when the two parties stack you would logically assume the spy's contact hasn't arrived yet.
...what? You're supposed to follow the spy, usually for quite a while. I can't quite imagine how you could find the contact party without that, let alone beat the spy there without him having seen you and turned back.
On that note, the troop name for the spy is still Unremarkable Townsman while the party name says Ordinary Townsman.

No, what I mean is if you follow the tracks while the spy is out of sight and he gets there before you do you will find only one party visible, but if you fight that one you'll discover that the spy's party was beneath.

These are just mostly minor issues, I'll find more bugs when I play more:

1. Tehlrog Castle - in my allied campaign assault against Tehlrog, my troops seemed to mistake the ladder for a siege tower, and they just stood still and did nothing.

2. The dagger item - when you draw out the dagger, the dagger is still in it's sheath.

3. "Ruler of player faction" When you go into the encyclopedia under "characters," the player is "the ruler of player faction."

4. "Your mercenary service contract to {playername} has expired." When your mercenary contract expires, it says that my contract was to myself.  :???:

5. During a mercenary contract - "blank", I humbly request my weekly wages. The blank is supposed to have the king/khan/queen's name, but it's just a blank followed by a comma.

6. Fur Coat - it has an encumbrance of 16 kilos - that's far too heavy, that's almost as much as some of the metal armors.

7. As Darian said, the follow and capture the spy quest is still messed up - once you reach the spy, you'll just find one spy, and once you kill that party, the other spy party is right underneath it  :!:, so as long as you succeed in tracking the spy down, you can't fail the quest - there's no time limit, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom