Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, ima add my two cents on formations:

At the start of the battle, everything just charges. With a slower computer or slower user, that means you can't set up your dudes fast enough before being overrun by cavalry. I tried making macros to make my orders faster but at the start of a battle my pc is slower. I'm getting rid of services I don't need running, but still.

A simple system that prevents the immediate bumrush would be nice... unless that rush is intentional. Being attacked by raiders or bandits it would be part of the game to have them just rush. Like the dreaded one would probably just rush.

If they could wait for 10 seconds for everything to load, that would be nice :3

Don Leo said:
At the start of the battle, everything just charges.

That's great, isn't it?
No-one will fall asleep waiting for both sides to finally collide in a battle after half an hour of building formations and slowly approaching each other.

I wish you didn't have to make them a lord, would be awesome to be able to get married before becoming a king/queen/lord/lady

Joshua Ryde said:
Hello :smile:
How is it possible to recruit soldiers from a faction that does not exist any more?
I wiped out Realm of the Falcon within 3 days flat on my own (i know, i don't know what they were doing, but took each castle and just moved to the other - the lords didn't even try to take them back and then they all disbanded :O )...but now i can't recruit their soldiers - i have a large stockpile of their units in my city (nearly a hundred of varying ranks) but i can' recruit more than a few at a time from prisoner party for some reason.
Is there a way to recruit more of them cos i do like them.
Thanks

you will need to have your own kingdom and change your faction culture

Found some glitch in 0.75 When you send your own caravan to person or settlement caravan will run away from your party or even target party plz fix ty

So...
I started to play Perisno 0.75 and now I'm almost crying.
What happened to WPs?
Why do Assassins of Ral'Daiun have 160 1HWP instead of 500?
Where have all the top-tier troops gone? Why do most of them have less than 200 WPs instead of 300-500 like they used to?

One of the main reasons I loooooved playing Perisno 6.xx is that it was one of the very few modules (the only others I know are PoP, TLD, Floris and its successor A New Dawn) that maintained a high WP standard which made a really big difference between low-tier troops and high-tier troops and made a player have to try really hard to keep up with the best units in the game.
And now it's all gone....

Please please please please please tell me that this crappy noobish balance is not going to be transferred to 0.8....

You know, mercenary companies have probably the shortest attention span ever.

Me "Follow me!"
Mercenary Captain "Gladly!!"
Mercenary Captain "Oh look! Villagers! After them!!!"

Dharcness said:
You know, mercenary companies have probably the shortest attention span ever.

Me "Follow me!"
Mercenary Captain "Gladly!!"
Mercenary Captain "Oh look! Villagers! After them!!!"

They are very focused after that and seem to be willing to go to end of the world if it means they may catch them.
At least my Bulgan patrol made by constable does. It often ends up in drachen or hakkon territory. Meanwhile 7 other bandit groups are preying on my caravans and villagers :/

Anyone know if there's a bug with 0.75 with changing faction culture, cant find it in the kingdom management menu?

Like earlier in these posts, it is now from one of your staff members, right now i can't remember the name but the one where you change your policy

hope it helps :smile:

Leonion said:
So...
What happened to WPs?
Where have all the top-tier troops gone? Why do most of them have less than 200 WPs instead of 300-500 like they used to?

One of the main reasons I loooooved playing Perisno 6.xx is that it was one of the very few modules (the only others I know are PoP, TLD, Floris and its successor A New Dawn) that maintained a high WP standard which made a really big difference between low-tier troops and high-tier troops and made a player have to try really hard to keep up with the best units in the game.

Please please please please please tell me that this crappy noobish balance is not going to be transferred to 0.8....

I also liked the old 6.xx stats/skills/proficiencies. Apparently the only troops that have retained their high stats, are Red Immortals. Since the next release might not come to soon, you can modify the current version that you have. Backup your current troops.txt, download troops.txt from the 6.xx version, and replace the current one. Use morgh's editor -- Troop editor to find the old stats for the high tier, and special troops, and write them down. After that, replace the 6.xx version of troops.txt with the backed-up original file, and use morgh's editor to replace the stats/skills/profi. with the one's you wrote down. Keep in mind when tweaking skills, that they use the 3 skill points/1 str, agi point cap, and the previous stats were not limited by this!

raz8020 said:
I also liked the old 6.xx stats/skills/proficiencies. Apparently the only troops that have retained their high stats, are Red Immortals. Since the next release might not come to soon, you can modify the current version that you have. Backup your current troops.txt, download troops.txt from the 6.xx version, and replace the current one. Use morgh's editor -- Troop editor to find the old stats for the high tier, and special troops, and write them down. After that, replace the 6.xx version of troops.txt with the backed-up original file, and use morgh's editor to replace the stats/skills/profi. with the one's you wrote down. Keep in mind when tweaking skills, that they use the 3 skill points/1 str, agi point cap, and the previous stats were not limited by this!

I know about Morgh's editor and everything one can do with it but I don't really like using it to change values since it kind of doesn't feel right (feels like cheating).
For me it's a simple viewer, to take a look at all the troops/factions/equipment in advance, so I guess I'll just wait for 0.8 hoping that the good old balance will be back.

It seems that in 0.75 the dyeworks are *always* the most profitable income producing property.  IIRC that wasn't the case in some of the previous iterations.  It feels like a step backwards to "Trader Vic".

Sleeeves said:
It seems that in 0.75 the dyeworks are *always* the most profitable income producing property.  IIRC that wasn't the case in some of the previous iterations.  It feels like a step backwards to "Trader Vic".

No it was the case, dyeworks is always the most profitable and expensive to buy.

Cider said:
No it was the case, dyeworks is always the most profitable and expensive to buy.
In 0.74 (with GS patches, which could be the difference) ironworks, oil press and wine press were more profitable choices in some towns.  Really had to check them all before making a choice.

We're looking at developing 0.751 (save-game compatible), is there any more feedback on the changes from 0.75 that we should be aware of?
There were a lot of changes to the economy as well as to the engineering skill, how are you guys finding it?

Sleeeves said:
Cider said:
In 0.74 (with GS patches, which could be the difference) ironworks, oil press and wine press were more profitable choices in some towns.  Really had to check them all before making a choice.

Dyeworks should be inferior to ironworks and oil presses in some cities (Kaikoth has cheap iron I think), but otherwise they should be the most profitable, hence the higher cost.

GS's patches for 0.74 are part of 0.75
raz8020 said:
Leonion said:
So...
What happened to WPs?

As far as I know troops aren't changing much in 0.8, the changes for troops happened in 0.73 when Silber balanced them all.

Back
Top Bottom