Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hudson77 said:
I did have Mels mod and sadly with her hotfix and after repatching both patch and Mels patch the crashes still persist.

First battle after the attempt was a crash again right at the start (right before the battle starts, I heard a horse shift and then it c/d'ed, tried it twice and twice it crashed at that very moment just before you see the batlefield.)

I can confirm this bug.  I'm not sure what caused it, but avoiding that party avoided the crash.  I haven't been able to crash it since, even when fighting Demon Worshippers.  I'll keep looking.

I can also confirm the error with Dwarven Warriors because of a missing specular file.  It creates an error message that hides behind full screen and needs ctrl-alt-del to see it and click it closed.  It seems like a lockup of the game, but it's really just paused until you close the error window.  I'll try to fix the missing texture.

I had it once when fighting demon worshippers and once when ganging up on a Tolranian (sp) lord. The demon worshippers had no Tolranian troops in their army (I checked) nor did I (I sacked em) - couldnt see if any of my allies (4 redwood lords) did have Tolranians or demons in their parties.

0.74 out at ModDB. :smile:

Sorry for the crashes. If those are confirmed for the version that is released now
at ModDB, it will be hotfixed.

For now we have to collect the issues and will wait until the bug thread calms down
again. Keep them coming. It's a big help! :smile: - Use the bug thread for your reports
please to have them in one place for better oversight...

MelanieWard said:
Hudson77 said:
I did have Mels mod and sadly with her hotfix and after repatching both patch and Mels patch the crashes still persist.

First battle after the attempt was a crash again right at the start (right before the battle starts, I heard a horse shift and then it c/d'ed, tried it twice and twice it crashed at that very moment just before you see the batlefield.)

I can confirm this bug.  I'm not sure what caused it, but avoiding that party avoided the crash.  I haven't been able to crash it since, even when fighting Demon Worshippers.  I'll keep looking.

I can also confirm the error with Dwarven Warriors because of a missing specular file.  It creates an error message that hides behind full screen and needs ctrl-alt-del to see it and click it closed.  It seems like a lockup of the game, but it's really just paused until you close the error window.  I'll try to fix the missing texture.

This is my fault, i forgot to put this particular texture in the patch. Im am very sorry to everyone. It will be fixed.

I shall have myself endure the fitting punishement!!!

Fricknghost said:
So when I DL this mod does it update to say it is suppose to be .74, because everything still reads as .73final.
Something went wrong with the last upload, and I am currently re-uploading everything. Should be ready soon!

Okay cool I was thinking I did something wrong thanks for the fast response, I am really new to Mount and Blade, and have only ever played the basic game and then this mod, after I realized I wanted something a bit different from just the basic Mount and blade game found this from u tube and have not looked back, little bit of a learning curve but once I got some basics down it has been a blast.

Allright, Warband Nexus has the hotfix ready> http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/download/1000004095
Moddb is still not authenticated.

Fricknghost said:
Okay cool I was thinking I did something wrong thanks for the fast response, I am really new to Mount and Blade, and have only ever played the basic game and then this mod, after I realized I wanted something a bit different from just the basic Mount and blade game found this from u tube and have not looked back, little bit of a learning curve but once I got some basics down it has been a blast.
Be sure to download the Full version 0.73 before adding the patch :wink: 

Working great so far, great job guys, cant wait for the next update. I just got the notice of some kind of huge army about to attack in a month's time. It is time to prepare as that doesn't sound good lol.

"Can't wait for the next update".
  Thanks, we prefer to have them a few minutes farther apart if we can help it...
  The next PLANNED update most likely will take some months getting out, so if this is end of March its not unlikely the .8 release happens around summer vacation from school. 

But there will be unofficial submods with new features before then.  These tend to release quietly and not on moddb etc.
Some fairly large features are coming in these, but real change takes time.

- GS

First time poster and I just want to express how much I enjoy this mod, especially since is the first mod Iused for warband :smile:. One question will the update be posted on steam workshop? I ask because I have it set up on auto update and I noticed the main menu still says 0.73final.

Elf said:
Been playing for 3 hours without a single error or bug.  Thank you for this great mod!
That is good to know :smile:

b257 said:
First time poster and I just want to express how much I enjoy this mod, especially since is the first mod Iused for warband :smile:. One question will the update be posted on steam workshop? I ask because I have it set up on auto update and I noticed the main menu still says 0.73final.
The steam version probably doesn't have the re-uploaded version yet. We'll try getting it up today sometime.

Hello,

First thank you very much for this mod. Brought me back to M&B being off 4 years or so. Excellent Work!

Ref 0.74 Hotfix - I downloaded the 0.73 (final) 2 weeks ago, yesterday morning I downloaded the hotfix 0.74.

Unable to unzip directly into the mod folder (error messages like coudn t find path); so I unzipped it on desktop and moved folder content into relevant folders manually. That worked.

Got some crashes (already signaled by other members, i.e Troop tree etc); now excited to learn that something was wrong with the first upload.

Now my questions (and I do hope they are not off topic here):

Should I better re download the 0.73 (final) and the latest hotfix afterwards; or can I simply overwrite it with the newest hotfix?

Does anyone have remotely a clue why I am unable to unzip the .rar file directly into the perisno folder?

Rgds,

Ermine

ermine said:
Unable to unzip directly into the mod folder (error messages like coudn t find path); so I unzipped it on desktop and moved folder content into relevant folders manually. That worked.

Got some crashes (already signaled by other members, i.e Troop tree etc); now excited to learn that something was wrong with the first upload.

Now my questions (and I do hope they are not off topic here):

Should I better re download the 0.73 (final) and the latest hotfix afterwards; or can I simply overwrite it with the newest hotfix?

Does anyone have remotely a clue why I am unable to unzip the .rar file directly into the perisno folder?

As Warband is normally installed to c:\program files (x86)  (for 64-bit Win 7/8/10) or c:\program files for XP and 32-bit Win 7/8
  these are considered "protected Operating system" file areas and default "user account control" settings BLOCK unzipping or program copying
to these areas normally.  When you unzip to a neutral place that isn't inside Program Files then copy manually it asks you if you want to copy them with Admin rights (that's UAC intervening).  You can turn all that off by setting UAC to lowest possible ("don't warn") but if you do that then every virus that has possibility to infect you will do so without UAC warning and in a few cases actually blocking the virus install.  So actually its worth it to do the extra step and not lower UAC simply to patch more conveniently.  Some of my fellow devs drop UAC to nothing so they can compile straight to the same Perisno they play from; I do it more like you with 2 different directories - one for me messing around, one that is in the "normal" place for final testing.  My UAC stays up, and my PC therefore spends fewer days down.  That's the answer to your first and last questions.

As to "do I need to download .73 again and start over?  No, actually the second .74 patch walks on top of the first one and simply adds MORE resource and voiceovers and such missed the first time.  The compiled text is a few hours fresher and exactly over-writes the earlier.  The next full download that needs to start completely from scratch will be .8, because many resources are taken OUT of the the download, instead of a few new ones added IN.  So starting fresh shortens the loading time and reduces the memory used on your video card, by a small amount (but less is loaded to system RAM, which is generally a good thing as Perisno has > 1500 items, and most of those have unique resources and textures.)  .8 may be as much as 1/3rd smaller, which helps.

- GS

I re-downloaded the files from the Nexus today but when I wanted to test if I would crash again when engaging the demon army I got tossed back to the desktop when the game was loading my save with the message 'Load error: Invalid number of troops: 1687' All my saves yield the same crash.

I can start a new game without trouble.

Alas, the issue is not fixed for me. I engaged a demonic army and got another crash right as the battle started.

is it me or do the Zann seem weak ? (haven't seen them before so nothing to compare them too), they appeared, made peace deals with everyone except falcon/kaikoth.  got hammered by the kaikoth, and all the vassals have defected .  there was an "Onishi" walking around tagged as Zann although he didn't show in faction list.

never mind a couple of days later got message faction eliminated and he no longer shows as zann

oh and does anyone know what controls how  many of those little "patrols" that spawn (and how to stop them spawning since there seems to be dozens of them)?

Back
Top Bottom