Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I would certainly want more kingdom management features, that's for sure.  Starting kingdoms is my thing, and everything I do prior to that in a game is aimed at that goal, including weakening factions.  Having more of a payoff would certainly be nice.  :grin:

That said, the bones of a strong kingdom management system are already in place from the diplomacy mod.  Assuming everything actually starts working properly, and the AI smooths out a bit, we should be fine.  As the mod matures more buildings may start appearing, there has already been progress there already.  A most robust system for interesting what your lords are thinking and why might be nice, but those are luxuries.  The only major issue currently is that there isn't enough to do when there isn't a war.  That 'improve the unity of our realm' option would be nice, but my advisor never actually has any suggestions.

Alex the Seeker said:
anyway i`m pretty sure Michadr has a set direction he wants to go with his mod, and i doubt he`ll borrow a lot of features from others
and truth be told i doubt copying x feature from x mod is gonna make perisno better, since  the said feature has to fit the mod itself.

IMO, there are 2 kinds of features which should be clearly distinguished: the unique, lore-dependent ones on one hand and the general ones that just make gameplay more enjoyable and comfortable on the other hand.
I know it's not cool to quote myself, but I was trying to explain it in this message some time ago:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,277736.msg7403447.html#msg7403447
So IMO if all the mods one day start utilizing the same improved kingdom management features, improved prisoner recruitment features etc, that will be cool and will make all the mods better.
See it as an expanded Native standard (if Native wasn't so bad diplomacy- and management-wise, that would already be the standard, the basic set of features for all the mods).

Leonion said:
Alex the Seeker said:
anyway i`m pretty sure Michadr has a set direction he wants to go with his mod, and i doubt he`ll borrow a lot of features from others
and truth be told i doubt copying x feature from x mod is gonna make perisno better, since  the said feature has to fit the mod itself.

IMO, there are 2 kinds of features which should be clearly distinguished: the unique, lore-dependent ones on one hand and the general ones that just make gameplay more enjoyable and comfortable on the other hand.
I know it's not cool to quote myself, but I was trying to explain it in this message some time ago:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,277736.msg7403447.html#msg7403447
So IMO if all the mods one day start utilizing the same improved kingdom management features, improved prisoner recruitment features etc, that will be cool and will make all the mods better.
See it as an expanded Native standard (if Native wasn't so bad diplomacy- and management-wise, that would already be the standard, the basic set of features for all the mods).

The problem is that mods cannot be "standarized", mod creators are free to design mods in whichever way the think it is ok for them.

In fact, some mechanics in mods are custom made, like the Orders in PoP. While we are at it, i remember a while back someone requesting the implementation of Diplomacy Mod into PoP and the problem was that they had to code it into the mod and make it run smooth with everything else they already have integrated. I can only assume the same problem applies in here.

You can't just take features and put them into your mod just like that, one for ethic and respect to the authors work and second because it would be too much work for little payoff in the eyes of the mod developer.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
The problem is that mods cannot be "standarized", mod creators are free to design mods in whichever way the think it is ok for them.

In fact, some mechanics in mods are custom made, like the Orders in PoP. While we are at it, i remember a while back someone requesting the implementation of Diplomacy Mod into PoP and the problem was that they had to code it into the mod and make it run smooth with everything else they already have integrated. I can only assume the same problem applies in here.

You can't just take features and put them into your mod just like that, one for ethic and respect to the authors work and second because it would be too much work for little payoff in the eyes of the mod developer.

ofc., but the perfect situation as I see it is when there is a forum or something where devs kindly share general gameplay improvements, work together on improving them and optimizing the guides on implementing and adjusting these standards to the mods. That would be muuuuuch more productive when general improvements are developed together by modders and only unique stuff (lore, factions, things such as KOs etc.) is created solely by specific modder teams for their own mods.
Since it happened that Native diplomacy and kingdom management suck in many ways and require a lot of improvements anyway for mods to be playable and enjoyable, cooperation in this area with the purpose of improving all these things would be more beneficial and time-saving for every dev team than working on that independently and re-inventing the wheels.
Anyway, this is just one of my "perfect world" dreams. :lol: Don't mind it.
I'm actually starting to try the modmaking (I'm currently polishing my sub-mod to one of Gothic 2 mods) and still far from creating something truly unique (my mod mostly has standard quests though they are all connected to something that is partly new) but hope to go on in the future if anybody likes it.  :grin:

"Floris", for instance, is little more than a huge compilation of minor mods, and it turned out really well...in overall it's a good mod, but lacks some story and a new world map.

There's no problem in looking into what other mods have best...maybe there's even something to learn from them or even improve their idea.

I only tried to point the best features of those mods cause it's something that once you experience...every other mod that hasn't it...you notice it and it's a bit depressing...cause those features are way better than standard...

Really...take a look at the kingdom management system of Sword of Damocles v5.0 (for M&B 1.011) and the siege system in Brytenwalda (Warband) and then tell me you don't miss them when you play other mods...  :wink:

The thing I love the most in TLD is that the mod is designed to be played as a general instead of a great king to unite the entire land.  We of course have the choice not to be king in those great mods such as Brytenwalda, PoP and Perisno.  But we will surely miss large parts of the games if we do so because we are supposed to be kings.

Haka said:
"Floris", for instance, is little more than a huge compilation of minor mods, and it turned out really well...in overall it's a good mod, but lacks some story and a new world map.

What made Floris a really good mod (among many other things), is the fact that the devs share their code with anyone, the result was a platform that later would give birth to ACOK mod.

But as it stands right now, Floris is a little outdated.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
What made Floris a really good mod (among many other things), is the fact that the devs share their code with anyone, the result was a platform that later would give birth to ACOK mod.

But as it stands right now, Floris is a little outdated.

Agree

Elf said:
The thing I love the most in TLD is that the mod is designed to be played as a general instead of a great king to unite the entire land.  We of course have the choice not to be king in those great mods such as Brytenwalda, PoP and Perisno.  But we will surely miss large parts of the games if we do so because we are supposed to be kings.

Agreed. When I'm playing, I really don't care if I'm the king or not, I just want to destroy all enemies. Playing as a loyal vassal gives me as much satisfaction as many, if not most, other people get from being "the one". A mod I still play a lot is The Eagle and the Radiant Cross. Great mod, fun factions, but you must join one as a vassal or just be a bandit lord. The mod's motto is "Obey your masters". I usually end up with more fiefs by far than anyone else as a vassal, in any mod. Don't have to mess around with the political stuff so much, just beat up anyone that dares to go against you.

Original M&B has a brilliant, somewhat bugged mod "Wedding Dance". Still un-equalled for some of the ingenious additions to the base game. I wrote a walkthrough for it some years ago, the amount of whining from players because they couldn't be King (It's a very much story driven mod, your sister is the eldest, she becomes Queen) surprised me. As permanent Marshal and adviser to your sister made you the one that actually had all the power, giving out fiefs, army orders and such.

I'm glad as that as players we have so many options to play as we wish, this is what makes Warband and M&B such great games, always fun to come back to.

How in the world did this thread become a "what i like most about this and that mod". I don't mind too much guys but it's been going on for a few pages now :smile:

I will update the OP and other things once i get everything in RL back in order so I can put some serious time into modding.

cheers!

Michadr said:
How in the world did this thread become a "what i like most about this and that mod". I don't mind too much guys but it's been going on for a few pages now :smile:

I will update the OP and other things once i get everything in RL back in order so I can put some serious time into modding.

cheers!
Damn you michadr dont you ever check skype

Michadr said:
Elf said:
Is there an approximate release date for 0.71?  Say, in a few days or at least one more week?
A few bugs have already been fixed (see the OP for an update), but i really have no idea when we will be finished. I am leaving tomorrow for a few days and I am working on the race bug so that could push it back a few days. My best guess would be maybe sometime next week, but again there is really no way to tell right now.

Hi everyone.
So...it has been more than 2 weeks since the release of patch 0.7...and due to some study issues that i have on front, i would like to know if the release of 0.71 is likely to come out in these next few days or next week...
Can't w8 :grin:
Thanks

Haka said:
Michadr said:
Elf said:
Is there an approximate release date for 0.71?  Say, in a few days or at least one more week?
A few bugs have already been fixed (see the OP for an update), but i really have no idea when we will be finished. I am leaving tomorrow for a few days and I am working on the race bug so that could push it back a few days. My best guess would be maybe sometime next week, but again there is really no way to tell right now.

Hi everyone.
So...it has been more than 2 weeks since the release of patch 0.7...and due to some study issues that i have on front, i would like to know if the release of 0.71 is likely to come out in these next few days or next week...
Thanks

It'll come out when it's ready.

You're not the only one who is anxious for it, but you have to be patient about it.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Haka said:
Michadr said:
Elf said:

Hi everyone.
Thanks

It'll come out when it's ready.

You're not the only one who is anxious for it, but you have to be patient about it.

I've been patient about it...waited 2 full weeks before even asking this question for the first time...and as you can see there was no problem in answering before...and don't tell me "it'll come out when it's ready" cause that's kind of obvious...

As i said, i'm only asking cause i'll not be able to play pc for like 2 months (medicine final exam to define the specialty for the rest of my life) starting next week...unfortunately :sad:

So, if the devs don't mind answering i'll be glad...i'm not pressing anyone, just asking. If they don't, i'll just know the same as i did.

Thanks

Haka said:
I've been patient about it...waited 2 full weeks before even asking this question for the first time...and as you can see there was no problem in answering before...and don't tell me "it'll come out when it's ready" cause that's kind of obvious...

As i said, i'm only asking cause i'll not be able to play pc for like 2 months (medicine final exam to define the specialty for the rest of my life) starting next week...unfortunately :sad:

So, if the devs don't mind answering i'll be glad...i'm not pressing anyone, just asking. If they don't, i'll just know the same as i did.

Thanks

I doubt that at this point Michadr can give a proper answer. He could for example say that it'll be ready in a week or two and that would not really change much, you would have to wait regardless in hope that it would in fact be ready in a week or two IF it gets released in that period of time (The unexpected is always a possibility) in which case, many people would become dissapointed that the patch was not delivered in the stated period of time.

So yes, the only valid answer in this case is: "it'll come out when it's ready". I'm sorry, but that is simply the way it is. Don't get me wrong, i also would like to know an estimated date, but i also realize that asking will only get me so far.

Modder223 said:
We will release 0.71 when we actually get our **** together and get a gameplan figured out as currently we are all over the place
Yes, there is really nothing better I can say at this point. I was gone for over a week and when i got back there were (and still are) real life things I have to do before I can work on the mod some more. With that said, things seem to be clearing up. I hope to have answer with the release by the end of the week.

regards
- Michadr

I have a suggestion. When you defeat one of the unique spawn armies (this is usually after a tough battle), would be possible to implement some sort of a special reward? A money prize, or a special item (a weapon or armour)?
And in version 0.7 I noticed something unusual. The prisoners escape very quicklly, especially during the night. It's quite frustrating, until now selling the prisoners was an important source of money. Is this a bug or it's how it was intended to be?

Back
Top Bottom