Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

hugrt said:
T.L.S. said:
He will. Nice guy. Recalls me PoP's Dread Legion :smile:
ALL the troops in the dreaded nightmare have 100+ health (dunno about the dread legion's troop stats, haven't played PoP for a while now).
Dread Legion's troops were the same (92 hp min) and they had 1k+ soldiers.

ttgg said:
T.L.S. said:
Nibor's guards have strongest range damage in whole game but weak in close combat - balance.

I don't mind them being crazy strong, only that they can be recruited :smile:

Regarding the hero npcs again:
The High Priestess of Amara seems to have messed up stats. Like 450 in archery, but no bow and 3 in power draw, and 8 in power throw, but only 130 in throwing skill
Do you think Nibor needs to be stronger?
And I'll fix Amara's stats.
T.L.S. said:
Wright now Legion can be simply overruned by bunch of heavy cavalry, splited into two groups (one attacks in front with "Charge", second is flanking with "Follow me"). There are 2 ways to prevent it - increase number of Legion's cavalry or add some infantry with long spears for them. Legion archers have awesome damage but weak armor and great numbers of them cannot save from heavy cavalry focused charge.
Noted.

What about the other spawns? Zeladeck, Rafklazan, etc.
I'm currently in the phase of balancing the unique spawns and adding a few new ones, which is why I want a lot of feedback on the current spawns to see how strong/weak they are. 

Something unusual said:

Nibor himself is quite weak last time I checked (in 6.0), much weaker than his honor troops. His army of bandits might scare away lowlevel/inexperienced players, but even at mid-game he can be farmed for tons of renown and xp, because 95% of his army are low level bandit npcs (last 5% being insane archers). My combatlog is literally overloaded with their casualties, and cannot display all their deaths because they die so fast, even if I'm outnumbered 70 vs 500.

I'm not sure though, maybe he's not supposed to be that powerful.

askuaninja said:
Are version 0.7 going to be save compatible with 0.611?
Nope. It is impossible to make it savegame compatible because we are adding 5 factions, overhauling troops/items, adding items - basically improving everything and adding more.

Something unusual said:

What about the other spawns? Zeladeck, Rafklazan, etc.
I'm currently in the phase of balancing the unique spawns and adding a few new ones, which is why I want a lot of feedback on the current spawns to see how strong/weak they are.
Better solution for Nibor's balancing - making number of his honour guards increased after each defeat, if it possible of course.
Zeladeck is most balanced spawn, imho. Rafklazan... without armors his army is like the food for cav archers and heavy xbows, so they need some ranged assist (or armor). Ultheonar needs some guys with long range melee weapons (like Valahir Jarls), otherwise they are easy targets for heavy cavalry and infantry with longswords (like maccavian swordmasters).

Ulfhednar will also have a bunch of guys following him like Nibor, except they will be smaller parties of Berserkers. I am thinking of giving him better troops too and some Valahir troops.

Something unusual said:
Could I have some feedback on the current hero spawns? Are they too weak or too strong? What type of army is used to defeat them? This is so I can balance them and compare them to the new ones I added.

Currently I think they are fine
The problem is they never grow stronger while player become stronger and stronger as the game go on so it's normal for people to find some of them become weak at a point of the game

ttgg said:
When you defeat them, it would be cool if you could do more than just take their money. Like perhaps take one of their items/a unique mount,
I like this. :smile: It would also be awesome if you could choose between those.
...I'd choose the mount as those will definitely be very different in 0.7 :wink:
(just a little hint) :grin:

zincra said:
So in 0.7 are not planned some Economy modifications beside foodrations and alcohol=
They're in the state of planning, but not yet final. It seems though
that there might be a few significant improvements regarding the
various merchant menus, a player can shop from. It won't stay as
it is now. That one's for sure. :wink:

hugrt said:
T.L.S. said:

Dread legion is a walk in the park compared to the dreaded one IMO, at least from my experiences, and so is eyegrim from PoP as well really. ALL the troops in the dreaded nightmare have 100+ health (dunno about the dread legion's troop stats, haven't played PoP for a while now).

most are heavily armoured and the ones that aren't will still probably take a couched lance to the face without dying ( i haven't tested, the only game i have ever had the guts to fight him was on my elf horse-archer save). I tried picking on him when he only had 60 troops left, and i had about 150-200. let's just say I didn't enjoy the time I spent with him.

Dread legion can have as little as 400 troops to about 1200 depending on player level and strength. (200-600 elite, 100-400 Veteran and 100-200 fodder)
Most of the elite troops have roughly 80-90 health but high skills and good weapons and armor.

I only fought against a depleted dreaded nightmare once with a few redwood lords, if there initial charge can be contained you stand a good chance of winning. If not say good bye to your troops.

Theo H said:
hugrt said:
T.L.S. said:

Dread legion is a walk in the park compared to the dreaded one IMO, at least from my experiences, and so is eyegrim from PoP as well really. ALL the troops in the dreaded nightmare have 100+ health (dunno about the dread legion's troop stats, haven't played PoP for a while now).

most are heavily armoured and the ones that aren't will still probably take a couched lance to the face without dying ( i haven't tested, the only game i have ever had the guts to fight him was on my elf horse-archer save). I tried picking on him when he only had 60 troops left, and i had about 150-200. let's just say I didn't enjoy the time I spent with him.

Dread legion can have as little as 400 troops to about 1200 depending on player level and strength. (200-600 elite, 100-400 Veteran and 100-200 fodder)
Most of the elite troops have roughly 80-90 health but high skills and good weapons and armor.

I only fought against a depleted dreaded nightmare once with a few redwood lords, if there initial charge can be contained you stand a good chance of winning. If not say good bye to your troops.

I had fun increase the Noldor Patrol numbers to about 100~200 per party, and the Noldor Lords party to about 1000. I want to actually see someone defeat them like that.

Now let's get back on topic, what's with the
Shining Ray of Dark Armies and Eagles appearing at Lille and Galwe? I was at Lille that time and there was no large parties, but at Galwe I noticed a horde of Dark Armies there, with a few Eagle Armies being outnumbered, is it a scripted one-time event?

I was wondering when we'll be able to recruit the Perisno pilgrims also I was wondering if when we start building up a kingdom of Perisno will Perisno-aligned vassals show up and start to swear fealty to us if our renown and honor are high?

Cider said:
I was wondering when we'll be able to recruit the Perisno pilgrims also I was wondering if when we start building up a kingdom of Perisno will Perisno-aligned vassals starting to swear fealty to us.
You are already able to recruit Perisno pilgrims.
Perisno-aligned vassals are planned as part of the new kingdom management features

Really? o.o I'm playing as an independent kingdom and everything about it save the name is Perisno related, my character still states he isn't the leader they are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom