Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Possibly, we do have some minor faction that will likely to have interaction quest with another minor faction.
Development is on slow pace right now since everyone is rather busy and all, but we're still working on it.
 
Cider said:
Drahara and our horses will conquer all, even the Illicans and Bluewood.
I am struggling to fight Drahara since 0.611 because I recently buffed them to become rather decent. Really afraid to run into the blob of Drahara Sandstormers and Assassins. The Draharan War Rider hits really hard too.
 
how about the valahir?

they are soo damn strong -.-  most casualtys i get vs them.

second to them are the macccavians with those black knights and knights of steel.

 
Alex the Seeker said:
how about the valahir?

they are soo damn strong -.-  most casualtys i get vs them.

second to them are the macccavians with those black knights and knights of steel.
In a poll done by the Perisno team, it was something like 67% of players voted the Redwood nation to be overpowered. And they are right. Even the moderators and developers admit it sometimes. They are too good with their bows and frankly their equipment is WELL above those of other equivalent-tier units. E.g. their Elvarie Bowman (mid-tier) ahve decent armor, amazing archery and v.good 2H elvarie sabres. THey melee skills rival those of mid-top tier infantry except for their armor. And their top-tiers are even worse. Best armor, OP archery as hell, and melee they wield Highelf 2H sword which is just brutal for anyone without a shield.
 
Joshua Ryde said:

well i only find them annoying in sieges, in open field battles my heavy cav slices through them with ease.

since even on hard ai the archer lines still are easy to interfere with given you have  a fast horse and a good shield o.o
 
The Redwood nations Bowmen SHOULD be more powerfull than the other nations archers, they are ELVES after all.
 
Alex the Seeker said:
Joshua Ryde said:

well i only find them annoying in sieges, in open field battles my heavy cav slices through them with ease.

since even on hard ai the archer lines still are easy to interfere with given you have  a fast horse and a good shield o.o

There is wisdom in this, Heavy cavalry tears apart Redwood archers. Also, the poll was made for 0.5, not for 0.611 where Valahir has been added and Drahara buffed.
 
Katsuki said:
There is wisdom in this, Heavy cavalry tears apart Redwood archers. Also, the poll was made for 0.5, not for 0.611 where Valahir has been added and Drahara buffed.
this is true. Drahara desert assassins or whatever they're called are pretty damn good infantry, and the valahir huskarls are probably the best proper shield infantry units in the game out of all the factions. the one place where redwood do still shine, though, is sieges, both defending and attacking. either way, the redwoods will kill a tonne of enemy soldiers in a siege.
 
Then there are the Bluewood Nobles, being just about the ultimate horse-archers when mounted and seemingly on par with any other top tier unit in foot melee as well.
Only tricky bit is getting them in your army...
 
b9AcE said:
Then there are the Bluewood Nobles, being just about the ultimate horse-archers when mounted and seemingly on par with any other top tier unit in foot melee as well.
Only tricky bit is getting them in your army...

I would use other Horse Archers, they're a pain to get next to Perisno Horse-Archer Nobles (Forgot the name, never played for quite some time now)
 
SilverBrone said:
b9AcE said:
Then there are the Bluewood Nobles, being just about the ultimate horse-archers when mounted and seemingly on par with any other top tier unit in foot melee as well.
Only tricky bit is getting them in your army...

I would use other Horse Archers, they're a pain to get next to Perisno Horse-Archer Nobles (Forgot the name, never played for quite some time now)
"Dark Forest Ranger" i believe. They are not that good anyway and the Perisno Great Knights are easily worth it to be the best infantry in the game.
 
It's Perisno Ranger Knight. It's not the best option for your Perisno noble troops because I agree with Great Knight being one of the best infantry and is easily obtainable. However Ranger Knight can still kick ass in siege with good equipment, stats and especially a 90 accuracy bow and 7 power draw.
 
habeo123 said:
It's Perisno Ranger Knight. It's not the best option for your Perisno noble troops because I agree with Great Knight being one of the best infantry and is easily obtainable. However Ranger Knight can still kick ass in siege with good equipment, stats and especially a 90 accuracy bow and 7 power draw.
oh wow! i didn't realise they were THAT good. It just seems that they aren't owrth it as HORSE archers considering elvarie are quite easily obtainable as long as the villages don't hate you. My personal tactic was to get ~60-70 Elvaire nobles, train them into Wardens (best archers in the game by far with devastating melee) and have 40 of them in an army with ~30-40 Knight of the Eagles/Wolf Constanbles/WOlf Knights/Freelancer Knights and ~30-40 Perisno Great Knights. You coulnd't lose. Although i guess the Ranger Knights are a good option considering how easy they are to obtain if you have the gold. In my opinion, the actual Knights (not Darkforest Cavalry, the noble ones...) of Perisno are very under-powered. Considering the OP-ness of the Perisno Great Knight and how stupidly easy they are to obtain in large numbers, i think the Perisno Noble Knights should at LEAST have the same power except on a horse. Make them harder to get or require LOADS more xp, but Perisno noble infantry needs to be balanced down and the Perisno noble knights need to be balanced up a lot. Why have them when you can just buy some Freelancer knights and with some training skill from Tamaris etc they are soon better...
Thanks
 
It's quite obvious that I made the Perisno Ranger Knight as a alternative option for people playing Perisno because so far Perisno's Infantry is really strong with Champion and Great Knight. Darkforest Cavalry is not as strong as Dragoner but is stronger than Drahara Royal Guard or Hakkon Heavy Lancer.

Redwood is a league of their own. When you expect to go for Queen of Redwood, you might want to bring your whole kingdom's army with you lol.
 
habeo123 said:
It's Perisno Ranger Knight. It's not the best option for your Perisno noble troops because I agree with Great Knight being one of the best infantry and is easily obtainable. However Ranger Knight can still kick ass in siege with good equipment, stats and especially a 90 accuracy bow and 7 power draw.
but their bow power draw requirment is 2, so only 6 :smile:
 
To Moderators: (not sure where exactly i would put this post, but i think it is connected generally to future versions and improving the mod)
Whilst i play the Perisno mod, my FPS in battles often drops sharply below 5 in a battle with 100/150+ units. Michadr said that it is because Warband is a CPU consuming game and quite inefficient. My only query is that i can play Prophesy of Pendor fine with battles of 400+ and no FPS spikes...I do have an old and quite bad computer for games/graphics, but i was wondering if it was the mod that causes large CPU usage? If it is, is there any way that you could reduce it for users playing the mod for a better overall experience?
Thanks
p.s. i know that it might not be the mod or might not be physically possible to reduce the mod in such a way.  But might as well ask.
 
It's because we use a HD texture for everything in the game. To reduce the potential spike and fps drop you can turn the HDR mode off, low or switch to Directx7.

If your computer is bad, the believe me when I say this but my laptop can't even handle native properly.
 
Back
Top Bottom