Version 0.72 Bug Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
Please post your bugs/crashes here.

For those of you who encounter crashes please read:
Suggestion 1: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html & http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
Suggestion 2:
Yozzer said:
@ op
The mod works fine without crashing, it just pushes the boundaries a bit with regards to textures, sound etc. , just like some other mods, but as python, the language used to write the mod, is a bit unforgiving (to be non technical), it can cease to function during the game, and present a RGL log to help identify the cause.
It happens a lot in some large expansive mods, and some work may need to be done to discover why your particular machine spits the game out. The fact that it will play native is because it does not push the boundaries as much as some of the big mods, like this one.
When you first start Warband, before selecting a mod, it allows you to "configure" Warband. There are not many options there, but you will see "force single threading" (i think that is the exact text). It is put there for a reason, that is because Pyhton is a bit old, and can have problems when running on multiple cores, so make sure this is ticked if you have multiple cores. Textures on demand is another one to help with lower spec machines.
So
1) What are those settings, i.e. which boxes are ticked
2) You say you like using cheats to check the game out. What cheats are you using? battle size etc.
3) What sort of machine are you running this on? Ram CPU graphics, will it run in Dx7 (selected in game when the mod is active).
4) Try disabling sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

If you prefer not to enlighten us with such details, why not search for guides to help people with this problem, there are a number, usually at the start of the mod, (I think one was put at the start of 1776), if not still there, pick any big mod and a search, that should give you a guide.
Last, this is a great mod in the making, worth taking the trouble to explore why it will not run on your box, but that is up to you, there is not much more help I can give  :cool:
Suggestion 3: Try GameBooster >> http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster
Suggestion 4: Avoid Using Battle-sizer
Suggestion 5: Your game may be Corrupt, or your mod may be Corrupt. Try downloading the latest version of the mod again, or reinstalling Warband. Also if you have a pirated version of the game that could be another problem as they do NOT work as well as the bought version, as it causes problems that I can't fix.
Suggestion 6: You may be trying to run the mod on Mount&Blade. Try using Warband
Suggestion 7: FOR LOW END PCs > http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312100.0.html

Somewhere face codes got switched on no less than 52 lords leaving them all bald
  It's I guess a "manly" look but so many lords at once is a bit much.  I'd be much more upset if the crossbow changes got undone as well.
  For "hair club" clients I won't make a 1 file hot patch but I WOULD make one if my crossbow changes got undone.  We all looked at the
files on a group edit and the crossbow changes are merged; I'm the one that said "ship it its getting late".  I only mention it so you don't have to.
Lords keep their helms on except in the player notes: characters presentation.
---
  If we do update "troops.txt" we might also make some of the elf kingdom ladies use the 2 new faces.

Other than that its about what I wanted.
  Not every issue open was addressed but with what time we each had a fair number of things got done. 
  I hope it plays out more nuanced than before and I hope the courtships are smoother. 

This Christmas edition intentionally places previously hard to get items in the merchants.  I actually did that by plan.  Merry Christmas for your companions.

Sorry about so many non- save game compatible patches.  This patch has a greatly changed item list and won't be compatible with old games, EXCEPT for those who tried my .72 beta from earlier this week.  Many unusual items are turned on, and a few actually work. 

Anyway, Merry Christmas and remember to get some sleep  :smile:

- GS

Still cant marry Any princess in the game. Bugged still? Or am i doing something wrong?
all she answers is that there are other suitors who have captured my heart.
I am at day 30 and has 40+ relation with her/them and im in the same faction. I also tried without being in a faction.
and i also tried (with cheat to test) being day one with 40+ relation. Help? :neutral:

And happy holidays to you :smile:

this is with the .72 patch?  I could believe that if you downloaded .71 patch
Did you get it from Moddb (it still offers .71).  Nexus is .72

- GS

overwritten the files from 0.71 with 0.72 (nexus).

Started new from beginning in Forniron and got my first visual bug.
I got into the house from the Merchant and talked to him, after the second? dialog nothing appears and the dialog options are invisible.
Try to repeat it to see if the bug appears again and make a screenshot.
The second time, nothing happens, so all is normal o_O.

*edit Queen Arlina is 1 head shorter than me (man, human) and has another face+hair?

This merchants ledger (+1 to 140 Aurams while in your inventory). Had this with some books in 0.71 too, but with time it changed to normal (i.e. 1+ wound treatment).

is it by design that elephant mount does not have body collision? because i tried attacking the elite spawn of the drahara faction which has 86 elephant riders and just passed through without collision in battle, which is weird lol :grin:

I've been getting a lot of various crashes on 0.72...When I was first doing the merchant quest the game would crash when I tried to attack the 4 robbers...so I had to auto-resolve it.  Then I got another crash after talking to the Tolranian merc guy after saying goodbye...And now I just got another crash when trying to engage an outlaw group.  Other then that though everything is ok for the most part.

Vice said:
I've been getting a lot of various crashes on 0.72...When I was first doing the merchant quest the game would crash when I tried to attack the 4 robbers...so I had to auto-resolve it.  Then I got another crash after talking to the Tolranian merc guy after saying goodbye...And now I just got another crash when trying to engage an outlaw group.  Other then that though everything is ok for the most part.

Did you start a new game?
Cause i did it and tested all your stuff;
Started in Tolrania talked to the merchant, did his quest and killed some robbers and demon worshippers without any problem at all.

Yes I have started a new game.  Twice now on my end.  On my second new game I started at Maccavia...and I was able to fight the first battle against the bandits just fine, but when I went to attack the bandits hideout...I clicked to attack it and the game froze yet again(I should of specified it wasn't actually a "crash" per say...more of an endless freezeing of the game as it didnt crash to my desktop or give me any error..and that I had to use task manager to close Persino) I guess maybe I should re-install or something I suppose?  Is there going to be a 0.72 full version out anytime soon?

pwetix said:
is it by design that elephant mount does not have body collision? because i tried attacking the elite spawn of the drahara faction which has 86 elephant riders and just passed through without collision in battle, which is weird lol :grin:

You have to swing high to hit the guy.  You probably cant reach him without being mounted yourself.  The elephant has a horses' hitbox I suspect,
and maybe we can ask Lors if he could rig a better hitbox for it.  That OSP elephant was before I joined but mainly the guy riding it is out of reach if you don't have either a ranged weapon or you also are riding a horse.  Aim really high to hit him.

- GS

Vice said:
Yes I have started a new game.  Twice now on my end.  On my second new game I started at Maccavia...and I was able to fight the first battle against the bandits just fine, but when I went to attack the bandits hideout...I clicked to attack it and the game froze yet again(I should of specified it wasn't actually a "crash" per say...more of an endless freezeing of the game as it didnt crash to my desktop or give me any error..and that I had to use task manager to close Persino) I guess maybe I should re-install or something I suppose?  Is there going to be a 0.72 full version out anytime soon?

I might do that just to help in case some patch files weren't merged well.  I'd also be able to do some version control on the source files.
I'm curious about all these bald heads suddenly, its like some other date code got mixed in.  If so I'll have to google drive it, I don't have
Mich's Moddb acct and we kept him up way past his bedtime.

Give me 20 minutes to see what else is on fire and maybe I can sanity check how many bald heads I have in my version of troops.
I specifically scored with Princess Linthrandil 3 days ago on my beta 72 so I'm concerned by the things reported so far.

For the moment, if I go that route I can pre-reward everyone as it they passed the merchant quest and just let you go about your business if merchant quest has some bug.  Some think so, some don't and its not really needed to do it except characters are overstarved for cash at the beginning.  that can be solved quickly enough at my end.  I just needed enough of a mandate to say its "broken" to override a group decision.  I always felt it was too harsh a beginning.

- GS

A quick question. In the launcher.... shall it say 0.72 Patch?
Or do i just need to overwrite my files so it still says Perisno 0.71 when i click play?

well it doesnt seem to matter as i overwrite every file in the original folder from the patch folder
still has courting bug with every princess

gsanders said:
Vice said:

I might do that just to help in case some patch files weren't merged well.  I'd also be able to do some version control on the source files.
I'm curious about all these bald heads suddenly, its like some other date code got mixed in.  If so I'll have to google drive it, I don't have
Mich's Moddb acct and we kept him up way past his bedtime.

Give me 20 minutes to see what else is on fire and maybe I can sanity check how many bald heads I have in my version of troops.
I specifically scored with Princess Linthrandil 3 days ago on my beta 72 so I'm concerned by the things reported so far.

For the moment, if I go that route I can pre-reward everyone as it they passed the merchant quest and just let you go about your business if merchant quest has some bug.  Some think so, some don't and its not really needed to do it except characters are overstarved for cash at the beginning.  that can be solved quickly enough at my end.  I just needed enough of a mandate to say its "broken" to override a group decision.  I always felt it was too harsh a beginning.

- GS

I would certainly be very grateful if you made a full installer for .72!  I am quite certain others would as well!  Regardless, thanks for all the hard work so far and I'll try and re-install Preisno and see if that helps!

****muncher McAnus said:
A quick question. In the launcher.... shall it say 0.72 Patch?
Or do i just need to overwrite my files so it still says Perisno 0.71 when i click play?

well it doesnt seem to matter as i overwrite every file in the original folder from the patch folder
still has courting bug with every princess

Patch just copies right on top of whatever you had before so the launcher has same name.  that's just folder name so if you for example had a desire for more than 1 perisno version rename one of the folders to whatever you wish and let launcher select that new name. 

Pretty sure I want to put a 721 using my sources in case something got slipped in elsewhere.  Mine is ever so slightly more liberal at startup so the merchant quest isn't needed once you make your char.  Don't know what else I can do for anyone but rerolls don't seem necessary, excepting the person reporting a princess failure, as princesses status is set the opening 30 seconds of a game (or sooner on a better PC).  Look to next post

- GS

Vice said:
The initial quest worked without any issue for me. I did reinstall 0.71 and then add the 0.72 content.

I'd like to suggest everyone use this patch, which is for all .70 / .71 /.72 flavors to bring current to my Christmas code.  It looks like the code issued before has one or more files 3 working days out of date, or more.  That's a very long time, and I'm not sure how old one file is on my partner's PC as he's passed out on the other side of the planet. 

Try it my way just for closure:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEZVdsb1V3UEFyWnM/view?usp=sharing

should be the same resources, cities, etc but with ever so slightly better start cash and a lower risk of saturating lords and ladies with pre-existing lovers.
Number of bald heads counted was 11 but not 52.  Really don't know whats up with that.  Mich's fixes to elf villagers for white face LOD work, but not yet for human and dwarf faces.  Havent changed clothing for dwarven walkers but equally likely my version never needed a clothing change.  Let's see -- no one reported any such last week.

I'll put a full version, patch merged for those who feel they may need it; for that the simplest troubleshooting tip I can add is change the perisno folder
name that you have to something else then expand the full set into the "modules" folder under Mount&Blade Warband as shown in the readme72.pdf
that way pieces of something else aren't colliding with 72, although it shouldnt be a problem if you didn't use some tool to edit files or have a corrupted download.

full (base .70 + merged patch ".721" + slightly relaxed start game):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEd1doU29VZDFvcTA/view?usp=sharing

- GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom