Version 0.27 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.27.3 (pending)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oathbound concept works great so far, but I noticed some bugs:

*Master party seems to rapidly grow in numbers after every battle you anticipate
*After few quests in field me and my companions are having constant, steady stream of experience ranging from 2-12 exp
*After few quests in field my killcount does not register any kills, both on my own, or when under my employer - consequently I cannot finish prisoners of war quest
*When you are the settlement, and choose enter location and then choose wait here, you pay for accomodation even when master party went outside the city, you can also visit the city at will under these conditions.

Not sure if bug :
*Killing horses are registered for kill count
*Quarterstaff on horseback can swing like one/two handed weapons from right side
*Took task with getting troops - Jelbegi Lancers, but I had 0 relation with the castle and had only 15 days to improve it to 10. However at the 2nd day village got raided...

Hi

I really like the idea that the companions train on each other, which gives the XP during travels and waiting etc...., but I really want a option to turn it off as well. So many battles things would have gone much better if 8/10 of my companions weren't knocked out from the training sessions. Surely as leade of the part I should be able to say " Hey, hold on the training we are busy besieging this town and I need you alive for that"

I enlisted in Duke Irya's army and had 3 companions with me, when we first got captured my companions disappeared. I asked travelers and slavers to tell me about my companions but when I ask I have no option to choose a companion I am asking about. When i rejoined the Duke they were not there, and I searched many taverns for them, however they are nowhere to be found.
There is also a problem with scouting ahead quest. When I take it, it gives script error and in notes it says: "You have been tasked with scouting the area around Scouting Ahead" where Scouting Ahead replaces the place I should scout.
bN4cQ3S.png

wQuC1UA.png

anigman96 said:
I enlisted in Duke Iriya's army and had 3 companions with me, when we first got captured my companions disappeared. I asked travelers and slavers to tell me about my companions but when I ask I have no option to choose a companion I am asking about. When i rejoined the Duke they were not there, and I searched many taverns for them, however they are nowhere to be found.

I know this happens in Freelancer mod as well. You can't even take personal leave as you will lose all companions when you return. So I think it is something to do with how your party is re-enlisted . They do return to your at random times after you resigned, or alternatively you can seek them out in the taverns you found them.

anigman96 said:
I checked the option to gather all companions at the start of the game, and they were all in Reyvadin, just checked the tavern, no one is there.

Ahh yes. Not sure how that affects it then. Best is if you resign from active duty and play a week or two, and see if they return. Then you can always rejoin the Duke's service at same rank you left, iirc.

I did leave on quests many times but they are still missing, however now I got Katrin to join and she is with me even when I left the party and rejoined. Nevermind, I will report if I notice something.

Some Bugs I have found so far:

Oathbound does not pay a weekly salary, despite saying fixed in the 27.2 patch.
The salary is only paid while on 'authorized leave', or the leave while on a mission.
The Pay Info shows a different salary than is actually obtained. In my case, my weekly budget shows something like 438 gold/week, while the number on the pay info sheet says something in the 700's.
If you a killed during a tournament and press tab to skip the remainder of the round, it does not skip automatically. Pressing tab multiple times ends up giving the ai something like 20 points each for the round.
While Oathbound to a lord, the character gains a stream of anywhere from 1-30 xp multiple times a second.

chocolatnave said:
While Oathbound to a lord, the character gains a stream of anywhere from 1-30 xp multiple times a second.

You get this when not in Oathbound as well. I noticed it coincides with your companions getting injured. So I assumed it is a new system to represent the Trainer skill. Where they actually train on each other. No confirmation on this though.

I have a lot to catch up with here still and I wanted to remind folks that my lack of response over the last several weeks is due to my work schedule.  Work should resume here in a couple of weeks.  Please still keep the ideas and insights coming as this feature is very much still in development.

Vanguard is not showing up for me under Party Roles. The other three roles are there as per usual.

Not sure if this is connected, but the Firearms skill is not visible either.

This is a fresh install of .27.1 overlaid with .27.2 both from the Dropbox link, launched with WSE .320 from the Silverstag Nexus.

Just a suggestion:
WSE 4.2.4 has been released (for Warband 1.16:cool: - I'd suggest converting to it, maybe? There doesn't seem to be too many changes so converting wouldn't take more than a few hours I'd guess. Since Warband isn't going to be patched anymore, it might be a good idea to go for it? It also has some new, neat functions (including morningstars :!:)

Also, I'd love to see that you can stop horses (like in multiplayer) using polearms. I'd make pikes better against cav, too, to balance out Rhodok a lot more (and lowering 'the need' of pikewalls).

Oliveran said:
Just a suggestion:
WSE 4.2.4 has been released (for Warband 1.16:cool: - I'd suggest converting to it, maybe? There doesn't seem to be too many changes so converting wouldn't take more than a few hours I'd guess. Since Warband isn't going to be patched anymore, it might be a good idea to go for it? It also has some new, neat functions (including morningstars :!:)

i would love this, hate to keep two warband installs just to play silverstag and viking conquest but i can't live without both :mrgreen:

TripleThreat said:
I'm afraid to think that this modification will never make it to version 0.27, hopefully development will pick up soon. :sad:
Windy is a busy guy but as someone who has been following this project for a very, very long time-- the spurts of activity are more than worth the gaps.

Hello.

I've got a question about the latest version of patch 0.27. Has the problem with troops with both 2H and 1H+SHIELD inventories not spawning with both set been fixed yet?

TripleThreat said:
I'm afraid to think that this modification will never make it to version 0.27, hopefully development will pick up soon. :sad:
Its holiday season.  Honesty its more upsetting to me to see mods get updated during the holiday because I think they should be spending that time with family/friends/loved ones.  Progress can pick up again after new years hangovers wear off.

seronis said:
TripleThreat said:
Its holiday season.  Honesty its more upsetting to me to see mods get updated during the holiday because I think they should be spending that time with family/friends/loved ones.  Progress can pick up again after new years hangovers wear off.

You're right, yet we'll still be coming back here every few days to check lol :3

seronis said:
TripleThreat said:
Don't worry, I don't have friends. And I'm kinda still live with my parents.

Back
Top Bottom