Users who are viewing this thread

First video:???:

After months ingame my velvet weavery still wasn't making ANY money. But why!? I went to find out why...

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
hahahahhaha very nice!!! I had the same problem in Varnavapol.. Best workshop ever from me currently is Pottery in Omor (550+ daily), which is strange because the clay comes from battania, but I believe it's because the workshop runs over to Battania then sell the clay (at very good profits) and then make pottery and again sell at great profits

Cotton is very rare in the north.. 1 village produce it and only god knows where they sell it, they sure don't share with their Sturgian brothers.

Third video :xf-wink:

Rhagaea attacks my town Amitatys and I scrambled to get 700-750 troops together to match her army in time before the city falls.
We fight outside on the banks of the river.
I look to be getting the better of her in the first part of the battle but as it unfolds and chaos ensues the unthinkable happens!

Hope you enjoy the video guys!

She's a pretty great commander. I've seen the southern empire down to few settlements before and then bounce back to regaining all settlements

She's a pretty great commander. I've seen the southern empire down to few settlements before and then bounce back to regaining all settlements

I will give her that, no matter how many times we might beat her armies -- she has some peacetime and comes back even stronger.
1500 army outside my walls was no joke :xf-wink:

So lets say your battle size is limited to 500. Opposing forces both contain more than 250 troops each. How does reinforcement work? I assume forces over the initial 250 wait to enter the battle until space is available.

As one side takes casualties at a greater rate, does the other side gain a greater proportion of the 500 limit? That could conceivably lock out a side’s reinforcement.

As an aside, warband players seem convinced the order of the troops in the list matters. Units at the top enter before units at the bottom.

Yes it seems to be very similar to how Warband worked currently.
However morale plays a larger role here too -- at some points in the video you can hear troops running away and shouting things.

But I think it looks at the troops numbers at the start of the fight.
So say 1000 vs 500 right?
It would try to keep troops spawned at about 2:1.

The Southern Empire is kind of my home. It helps that you spawn there, and that means you start building relationships with the people there and can easily recruit there.

It seems to me that if you don't have a plan in mind for where to go a lot of people will just go to the Southern Empire.

It helps that Ira is a really strong waifu. Not the absolute strongest, but among them.

The Southern Empire is kind of my home. It helps that you spawn there, and that means you start building relationships with the people there and can easily recruit there.

It seems to me that if you don't have a plan in mind for where to go a lot of people will just go to the Southern Empire.

It helps that Ira is a really strong waifu. Not the absolute strongest, but among them.

Nothing stops you moving around -- there are looters and mountain raiders or sea raiders all over the map.
I joined Vlandia in the end, it's just a shame the banners on the banner knights are not in the game yet.
Would be awesome for that to be working - but I believe it causes performance issues with the cloth simulation or whatever :grin:

Great vid, watched the whole thing.

You've got a more complex commanding strategy than I have. I keep it much more simple where when I'm fielding large armies I have my infantry largely following me with my archers right in front of, then move them behind when we are about to clash. I use my cavalry to attack the enemy right before the clash mostly to cause chaos in the enemy.

The big challenge is making it so your forces are all engaged at the same time effectively which is what cost you the fight, you clashed with the enemy while the majority of your infantry were playing grabass down the river for some reason :grin:

Great vid, watched the whole thing.

You've got a more complex commanding strategy than I have. I keep it much more simple where when I'm fielding large armies I have my infantry largely following me with my archers right in front of, then move them behind when we are about to clash. I use my cavalry to attack the enemy right before the clash mostly to cause chaos in the enemy.

The big challenge is making it so your forces are all engaged at the same time effectively which is what cost you the fight, you clashed with the enemy while the majority of your infantry were playing grabass down the river for some reason :grin:

Yes the infantry were bugging out -- they wouldnt charge or advance when I ordered them -- you could see at one point they tried to walk off back toward where I spawned when I gave them the charge order - so I had to ask them to follow me instead haha.

Normally I follow a similar strategy -- but this map was very awkward. No high areas for the archers -- and I had to keep them safe from the enemies infantry.
They also outnumbered me 2:1 so I found this fight very challenging. Was great fun though :grin:

Last edited:
I have since found out the reason the infantry bug out is to do with the fact the newly spawned units (there were over the inital spawn in limit) were trying to cross the river and get to my formations.
(thank you to 'Harley Queen') on my YouTube comments:

The slow-motion part is the AI depring out. It happens when it tries to move a formation to a new location, while keeping tight formation(such as shield wall), and when reinforcements arrive from the spawn point to an existing formation. Really annoying. Basically means that if you know the fight will be over your troop limit(500 by default) - you better fight close to your edge of the map, elsewise your reinforcements will get slaughtered on the way to formations which they think they belong to

Yes the infantry were bugging out -- they wouldnt charge or advance when I ordered them -- you could see at one point they tried to walk off back toward where I spawned when I gave them the charge order - so I had to ask them to follow me instead haha.

Normally I follow a similar strategy -- but this map was very awkward. No high areas for the archers -- and I had to keep them safe from the enemies infantry.
They also outnumbered me 2:1 so I found this fight very challenging. Was great fun though :grin:

Yeah I have had issues myself where my charge command was taken as turn you backs to the enemy archers and slowly walk away back to spawn so they can have their best chance to kill you.

I will also say sometimes the AI will do some amazing things. It doesn't happen often, maybe once out of 20-30 fights but when it does, holy hell is it a challenge to win the battle. I honestly wish they could figure out what makes the AI have these random acts of genius, then make it the default AI because I have had a few battles where it honestly felt more like I was fighting a real player rather than an AI.

Yeah I have had issues myself where my charge command was taken as turn you backs to the enemy archers and slowly walk away back to spawn so they can have their best chance to kill you.

I will also say sometimes the AI will do some amazing things. It doesn't happen often, maybe once out of 20-30 fights but when it does, holy hell is it a challenge to win the battle. I honestly wish they could figure out what makes the AI have these random acts of genius, then make it the default AI because I have had a few battles where it honestly felt more like I was fighting a real player rather than an AI.

Yes I agree - that moment when I realised I messed up -- when her troops plunged down into the ford and destroyed me ?
It's the things like that responsible for why we love Mount and Blade games ^^

Great battle, chaotic at some point but great. I think the AI is pretty well I had a situation in the canyon map where I outnumbered AI 2:1 and they set up.in place with one entry between rocks putting archers behind infantry on a hill and infantry in shieldwall at entrance. It was hell of a battle.
One thing they should change is that if battle exceeds your troop limit it should be broken into more battles with the odds depending on the outcome of previous one.

Back
Top Bottom