Veagir Elephants and Khergit Camels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Spanish_Broomaker said:
Dryvus said:
Seriously, though, enough. Nobody with more than a peabrain wants elephants in native.

I told you that people in these forums can't go beyond their nose...
What do you expect from a bunch of abnormal people?
I guess that is why most of you don't have a life.

Well to all of you who keep posting, I have already answered your post.  You know...

I'll keep posting, because I'm killing time.

What does to go beyond one's nose mean? I guess my **** would go beyond my nose, but otherwise I think that's how bodies are supposed to be set up. But you say this is abnormal?

Not following on why I have no life.

Dryvus said:
I'll keep posting, because I'm killing time.

What does to go beyond one's nose mean? I guess my **** would go beyond my nose, but otherwise I think that's how bodies are supposed to be set up. But you say this is abnormal?

Not following on why I have no life.

I believe he meant to say (but didn't because of his mediocre English) "people [who] can't see beyond their own nose", i.e. people who are shortsighted and, by association, close-minded, and thus who automatically reject ideas out of hand without having any good reason for doing so.  Of course, this doesn't make a lot of contextual sense, since several people have provided very good reasons why elephants (or whatever) should be rejected, but I think that was at least the idea he was trying to get across.

Yeah, I have no life, either.

Cheers.

Spanish_Broomaker said:
It just occured to me, the Vaegirs need WAR ELEPHANTS!
I think it would be amazing, you see over the hills, these giants charging down!  Or by the same token, use Elephants yourself!
I also think maybe Mount & Blade needs camels, maybe the Khergits could primarily use them, having camels in deserts in real life is an advantage to heavy cavalry (I am sure Armagan knows about this, those of us who live/lived in the middle east know that some men worship these beasts!).
I know these would be a major additions, but Mount & Blade is a major ground-breaking game, I think these ideas would add very of intersting aspects to the game.  I know that new mounts have been suggested, but now that the game has advanced so far, it is time to talk about enhancing gameplay, thus revisiting old ideas.
What do you think?

Camels in Deserts
Deserts not in Calradia
No camels.

Elephants in Africa and India
Africa and India not in Calradia
No elephants, espicially for people who live in the snow!

yea, carthage used elephnants but Hanibal had 120 000 infantry (dont know cavalry, i think it was about 50 000) and 100 (!!!!!) elephants... 120 000 - 100 ....
do you see? Its true that carthage (not only they used elephants, seleucid empire, indians (original indians, not american), african states...
I dont think that norther nations had elephants... I never saw sweedian forces with elephants.....

this is stupid idea :smile:
and kheights arent desert nation, they are step nation, its not the same

Elephants put the fun in funtasticalanimalrape.  Camels would be lovely also, but how fast can those suckers go, exactly? >_>

Dava27 said:
and kheights arent desert nation, they are step nation, its not the same

Steppe, and people think of Kherghit as a desert nation because of their middle-eastern styled architecture, I'm sure.  Yes, they seem more akin to our Mongolian friends, but that doesn't mean they can't take influence from others as well.  Now, the fact that it is on steppe territory, as you said, does render the camels quite useless.  I second that it would be foolish to add them.

dont point at my miss spell... of course I meant steppe, not step...
cammel is faster than horse but only if he runs very short distance - horse can sprit very long...

Dava27 said:
dont point at my miss spell... of course I meant steppe, not step...
cammel is faster than horse but only if he runs very short distance - horse can sprit very long...
ever seen a camel sprint on hard, tough dirt with some stones in it? I think not. Camels have soft pads, not hooves, so you can't even shoe them

They live on sand. Sand is just a bunch of tiny, small 'rocks' basically. Much softer than one, big, solid rock. Their feet aren't like horses, they're more like dogs or cats in that respect.

CamelPad.jpg

That can't take a beating from a bunch of large, tough rocks all day. It's too soft, and it would cut and bruise very badly.

mustang%20hooves%20JJ%20006.jpg

'Barefoot' wild horse hoof (barefoot meaning unshod). Think of the hoof as a toe nail. It protects the end of your toe. With horses, it's tougher and more resiliant, and made to withstand being on rocky terrain.

Calradia has rocky terrain.

Steppe != Desert.

STEPPE%20AVEC%20ARBUSTES.JPG

Mongolian Steppe ^^

desert2.jpg

Saharan Desert ^^

The Steppe doesn't have sand. If it does, there isn't enough of it to be sufficient for a camel.

Camels are slow, smelly, weak and soft. My Character Adolf wouldn't want to ride that.

Horse > Pony > Camel, if there won't be ponies(LMAO) in the game, certainly no camels.

UN_Soldiers_in_Eritrea.jpeg

Trust me, they only ride that because it has survival rate in the desert.

I might sound like a hypocrite, but there is no desert in Calradia, I don't think there is a point in keeping this topic alive. And about the elephants, wouldn't the game be TOO easy if your computer can only handle 72 troops? You'll probably ram through every single enemy and crushing them without getting hit once.

Camels aren't slow - not at all. They're actually quite fast. Not as fast as a horse bred for racing, but a horse won't survive in the same climate as a camel would.

Weak? You contradict your self.

they only ride that because it has survival rate in the desert.

How can it survive if it's weak? It has evolved to be strong enough to survive one of the most desolate climates on earth. How can you say that's weak?

Soft. A horse is soft too! If it isn't covered in metal plates, that is. Why would you want to put metal plates on a camel anyways? Let's not forget the differences in cultural, and thus warfare, in the Middle East and Africa. Heavy armor wasn't important. Surviving the high temperatures and arid terrain was.

Still, no camels in Mount & Blade, because it contains no desert.

Elephants are way out of place, especially for a snowbound faction such as the Vaegirs.

Orion said:
Camels aren't slow - not at all. They're actually quite fast. Not as fast as a horse bred for racing, but a horse won't survive in the same climate as a camel would.

Weak? You contradict your self.

they only ride that because it has survival rate in the desert.

How can it survive if it's weak? It has evolved to be strong enough to survive one of the most desolate climates on earth. How can you say that's weak?

Soft. A horse is soft too! If it isn't covered in metal plates, that is. Why would you want to put metal plates on a camel anyways? Let's not forget the differences in cultural, and thus warfare, in the Middle East and Africa. Heavy armor wasn't important. Surviving the high temperatures and arid terrain was.

Still, no camels in Mount & Blade, because it contains no desert.

Elephants are way out of place, especially for a snowbound faction such as the Vaegirs.

I'm just comparing it to a horse in terrains such as the ones in Calradia, surely I have exaggerated, not that I am saying it cannot survive in the desert.

DamienZharkoff said:
Mammoths went extinct during the ice age, they were not around in medieval times, so no.

Come to america, find me a herd of NATURAL wild elephants. Go to england, find me them there... You will only find them in africa, SOME in china (mostly pygmy and smaller versions) and if i remember correctly, australlia. and NO! No boomerangs as weapons either!

Erm, perhaps you're forgetting India?

Remal said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Mammoths went extinct during the ice age, they were not around in medieval times, so no.

Come to america, find me a herd of NATURAL wild elephants. Go to england, find me them there... You will only find them in africa, SOME in china (mostly pygmy and smaller versions) and if i remember correctly, australlia. and NO! No boomerangs as weapons either!

Erm, perhaps you're forgetting India?
I figured china covered the orient areas but yes, india to.

RaVeN said:
Camels are slow, smelly, weak and soft. My Character Adolf wouldn't want to ride that.

Horse > Pony > Camel, if there won't be ponies(LMAO) in the game, certainly no camels.

UN_Soldiers_in_Eritrea.jpeg

Trust me, they only ride that because it has survival rate in the desert.

I might sound like a hypocrite, but there is no desert in Calradia, I don't think there is a point in keeping this topic alive. And about the elephants, wouldn't the game be TOO easy if your computer can only handle 72 troops? You'll probably ram through every single enemy and crushing them without getting hit once.
u got owned by orion

Back
Top Bottom