Veagir Elephants and Khergit Camels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Koncord said:
I dont even understand why this thread is so popular :neutral: I must admit that that is a very contradictory statement considering i just read through the last two pages of replies but when I first saw it up I chuckled quietly to myself, muttering "Youve GOT to be kidding me..."

...Well, is somebody kidding me? Do yall really, REALLY wanna throw off the games realism/accuracy for the fun of arcade-style massacres?

[sarcasm]
Yes, we're all waiting for this brilliant suggestion to come into play so we can destroy realism, take over Calradia in 1 week and kill entire armies while naked and armed with fists.
[/sarcasm]

No.

Fei Dao said:
The reason why this thread is so popular is about 90% of everyone here vehemently despises this idea, but the original poster just doesn't give up putting forth his ridiculous idea.

What he said.

G36E said:
Koncord said:
I dont even understand why this thread is so popular :neutral: I must admit that that is a very contradictory statement considering i just read through the last two pages of replies but when I first saw it up I chuckled quietly to myself, muttering "Youve GOT to be kidding me..."

...Well, is somebody kidding me? Do yall really, REALLY wanna throw off the games realism/accuracy for the fun of arcade-style massacres?

[sarcasm]
Yes, we're all waiting for this brilliant suggestion to come into play so we can destroy realism, take over Calradia in 1 week and kill entire armies while naked and armed with fists.
[/sarcasm]

No.

Fei Dao said:
The reason why this thread is so popular is about 90% of everyone here vehemently despises this idea, but the original poster just doesn't give up putting forth his ridiculous idea.

What he said.

What they both said. Elephants would take the challenge and enjoyment out of battles because it would be too easy to get kills.  :roll:

Landwalker said:
Spanish_Broomaker said:
War elephants were used by Turks during 1300s AD...

Care to provide scholarly (i.e. professional academic) evidence to back up that claim?

Cheers.

I stretched that statement a little, because turks did not use elephants except on one occasion, but since Calradia is fictitious, we can have a faction that is similar to Timur's Empire, he was half Turkish and half Mongolian, he used war elephants to defeat the Mamluks and capture Aleppo and Damascus.
This is a link that has more insight on that, do your own research if you like since this is a Muslim website and I wouldn't trust Muslims.
http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/islam/mongols/timurid.html
So no, the turks did not use war elephants, only in that one occasion with Timur.  So don't think the Turks used war elephants to invade Constantinople!  :lol:

Spanish_Broomaker said:
I stretched that statement a little, because turks did not use elephants except on one occasion, but since Calradia is fictitious, we can have a faction that is similar to Timur's Empire, he was half Turkish and half Mongolian, he used war elephants to defeat the Mamluks and capture Aleppo and Damascus.
If you had read my earlier post, you would know why this doesn't work.  It would require the addition of several new factions, because radically different cultures rarely exist right next to each other.  In order to fill out the spectrum to include such a faction without utterly destroying immersion, it would require vast expansion on the "fluff content" of the existing factions and consider expansion (perhaps doubling) of the number of factions in the game, which would ultimately not add very much to the game's quality.

This is a link that has more insight on that, do your own research if you like since this is a Muslim website and I wouldn't trust Muslims.
http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/islam/mongols/timurid.html
So no, the turks did not use war elephants, only in that one occasion with Timur.  So don't think the Turks used war elephants to invade Constantinople!  :lol:

You think the University of Calgary Applied History Research Group is a "Muslim website"?  Try following the site back a few pages.

I don't think that a single event so far removed in distance and environment from the game's main source of inspiration really justifies such a drastic reformulation of Calradia.  Can you make a compelling argument that making the many changes that would be necessary to incorporate this are worth the considerable time, effort, and striking changes to the flavor and substance of the game that would be required to bring this to fruition?

Cheers.

Landwalker said:
You think the University of Calgary Applied History Research Group is a "Muslim website"?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, though, enough. Nobody with more than a peabrain wants elephants in native.

G36E said:
Wait, you're Thai?

150kg would have killed you :???:

Eeep, let's not discuss the violence of male elephants or camels.

I'm not Thai :smile:  I was a tourist at the time.  Sort of.  I guess my parents were tourists, and I was along for the ride.

I doubt a 150kg elephant could have possibly killed me, unless it stepped on my head.  But elephants are quite smart and don't step on other animals unless they intend to kill them...  and I've never hear of a baby elephant killing anything other than plants.

As for war elephants, the species used in war have generally gone extinct due to overexploitation.  The remaining species should really not be in Native just because it'd be too depressing, even if they were used at Calradian latitudes, which they weren't.

Saber Cherry said:
G36E said:
Wait, you're Thai?

150kg would have killed you :???:

Eeep, let's not discuss the violence of male elephants or camels.

I'm not Thai :smile:  I was a tourist at the time.  Sort of.  I guess my parents were tourists, and I was along for the ride.

I doubt a 150kg elephant could have possibly killed me, unless it stepped on my head.  But elephants are quite smart and don't step on other animals unless they intend to kill them...  and I've never hear of a baby elephant killing anything other than plants.

As for war elephants, the species used in war have generally gone extinct due to overexploitation.  The remaining species should really not be in Native just because it'd be too depressing, even if they were used at Calradian latitudes, which they weren't.

Awww... And I thought I found a new SEA(South East Asian).

150kg would have definitely made it very hard to breathe, and since you were a child with all that "more malleable bone", you really would've at least gotten injured.

Oh, and by the way, this thread receives the
official_frodogorn_seal_of_approval.png
Lyze said:
All horrible threads from now on will be branded with the "Frodogorn Seal of Approval" label.

So shall it be said, so shall it be done.
:grin:

Landwalker said:
You think the University of Calgary Applied History Research Group is a "Muslim website"?

Oops wrong link!  :lol:
I wanted to link to a Muslim site with more details but they also considered some myth to be true, see if I find the link again...

Dryvus said:
Seriously, though, enough. Nobody with more than a peabrain wants elephants in native.

I told you that people in these forums can't go beyond their nose...
What do you expect from a bunch of abnormal people?
I guess that is why most of you don't have a life.

Well to all of you who keep posting, I have already answered your post.  You know...

Tercero said:
elephants ----> Hegemony 268 B.C.!! :mrgreen: (look at my signature :mrgreen:)

Yes I have seen the mod but the depiction of elephants is not realistic in that mod, its strange the way the person who made the mod made the elephants.  So it was disappointing.

Spanish_Broomaker said:
Dryvus said:

I told you that people in these forums can't go beyond their nose...
What do you expect from a bunch of abnormal people?
I guess that is why most of you don't have a life.

Well to all of you who keep posting, I have already answered your post.  You know...

Which posts that make sense, specifically?

Spanish_Broomaker said:
Tercero said:
elephants ----> Hegemony 268 B.C.!! :mrgreen: (look at my signature :mrgreen:)

Yes I have seen the mod but the depiction of elephants is not realistic in that mod, its strange the way the person who made the mod made the elephants.  So it was disappointing.

There's only so much you can do without custom skeleton rigging.

Back
Top Bottom