SP Dark Ages [VC] Sword and Shield - A Mount and Blade Warband Viking conquest Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice Kale3. I will do this for my next campaign as a Vikingr.  :fruity:

In the meantime I will play out the current campaign a bit longer as I am making good progress.

Do have further plans for this overhaul... that you might want to share?

Do you think it is possible to implement the executable lords option that the Brytenwalda mod has?

Kale3 said:
vonbalt said:
i like the changes in the mod except for the "villages always have 50 recruits", this one looks like cheating for me instead of just rebalancing like the other changes, is there a way to easy change it back to vanilla VC? thanks :smile:

Yes there is, I made the tweak as it made me feel like I was playing total war or something, the way to fix is to find scripts.txt (make a backup just in case) and find 2136 3 1224979098644774935 50 1224979098644774928 The 50 is the village recruits. There is another tweak, 1224979098644774928 30 the 30 is the number of recruits with minimum relation, hope this helps. Will add to description of mod, if you need any further assistance feel free to message me again.

I this excess recruitment thing still issue as I was unable to find line
2136 3 1224979098644774935 50 1224979098644774928
and 1224979098644774928 30 has two different options...?

I just decided to reinstall vikings after year or so of not touching it with long stick as the dlc was broken on release and now seems sort of fixed. I browsed forums and liked many things in this mod so dl'd the nexus 2.0 and the 2.2 patch version and overwrote the pertaining files from games main directory so I think I should have correct installation of this modification.

Gotz von Berlichgen said:
Thanks for the advice Kale3. I will do this for my next campaign as a Vikingr.  :fruity:

In the meantime I will play out the current campaign a bit longer as I am making good progress.

Do have further plans for this overhaul... that you might want to share?

Do you think it is possible to implement the executable lords option that the Brytenwalda mod has?

I don't think it's possible, but I would love it. And if you like the Brytenwalda mod... keep your eyes on my nexus page  :wink:.

Seve82 said:
Kale3 said:
vonbalt said:
i like the changes in the mod except for the "villages always have 50 recruits", this one looks like cheating for me instead of just rebalancing like the other changes, is there a way to easy change it back to vanilla VC? thanks :smile:

Yes there is, I made the tweak as it made me feel like I was playing total war or something, the way to fix is to find scripts.txt (make a backup just in case) and find 2136 3 1224979098644774935 50 1224979098644774928 The 50 is the village recruits. There is another tweak, 1224979098644774928 30 the 30 is the number of recruits with minimum relation, hope this helps. Will add to description of mod, if you need any further assistance feel free to message me again.

I this excess recruitment thing still issue as I was unable to find line
2136 3 1224979098644774935 50 1224979098644774928
and 1224979098644774928 30 has two different options...?

I just decided to reinstall vikings after year or so of not touching it with long stick as the dlc was broken on release and now seems sort of fixed. I browsed forums and liked many things in this mod so dl'd the nexus 2.0 and the 2.2 patch version and overwrote the pertaining files from games main directory so I think I should have correct installation of this modification.

Sorry the recruitment tweak is broken as of late... No idea how to fix it.

This is a fantastic Mod.
The subtle changes are very nice and appropriate. I like how I have difficulty profiting from weapons loot and it forces me to trade more often... or attack traders. LOL!

I was wondering if you have noticed one huge issue that VC has?

Pict and Irish player's kingdom: When you play as a Gael or Pict and become a becomes king or start as one, your vassals carry English titles.
Ealdorman or Dryten instead of Tiarna or Mael.
This is issue doesn't occur with any other culture.
I've search high and low to find a solutions and even tried to fix the issue myself.
No love there...smh.

However, I have confidence that you maybe that one Irish Saint to set all on the right path. LOL!

Thank you for this mod. It is excellent adjustment.

SEMAGMAR said:
This is a fantastic Mod.
The subtle changes are very nice and appropriate. I like how I have difficulty profiting from weapons loot and it forces me to trade more often... or attack traders. LOL!

I was wondering if you have noticed one huge issue that VC has?

Pict and Irish player's kingdom: When you play as a Gael or Pict and become a becomes king or start as one, your vassals carry English titles.
Ealdorman or Dryten instead of Tiarna or Mael.
This is issue doesn't occur with any other culture.
I've search high and low to find a solutions and even tried to fix the issue myself.
No love there...smh.

However, I have confidence that you maybe that one Irish Saint to set all on the right path. LOL!

Thank you for this mod. It is excellent adjustment.

I can change the name of existing vassals, but I'm not sure about vassals who switched sides or companions that are given lands. I'll look into it over the weekend.

Thank you very much Kale.

I would like to know how to change the name of these vassels.
Is it in text files factions or presentations?

So if a lord joins an NPC-led Irish or Pictish faction they are assigned the correct title, but not a player-led one? That sounds like it would be a bug to me, you should make a post/thread in the support sub-forum. Though it could be a design limitation with the number of titles available, dunno.

SEMAGMAR said:

It's likely to be in troops or parties txt files

Ruan said:
How did you change base morale?

I used most of my tweaks from this guide https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=323613.0 including morale. If you don't wanna use the link then go to your VC directory and open scripts.txt, make a backup in case something goes wrong, open it with some kind of txt editor like notepad, press ctrl f and paste  87 2133 2 1224979098644774912 into the search, the number in front is base morale. If there are any further question, feel free to ask  :smile:

Ruan said:
Didn't work  :dead:  I changed the number 50 to 100 nothing happened.

It may take some in game time for the morale to change, or the tweak just might not work with this version of VC

I started a new play through but used my old character, decent to high difficulty, no insane. Really loving the game a lot more, it has less of a overly barren feel to it.

Does this mod solve the problem of using the max campaign difficulty allowing npc kings and vassals to regenerate their armies in less then a reasonable amount of time? I shouldn't have to beat a king and all his vassals 3 times each within two months while at war.

Carrion said:
I started a new play through but used my old character, decent to high difficulty, no insane. Really loving the game a lot more, it has less of a overly barren feel to it.

Does this mod solve the problem of using the max campaign difficulty allowing npc kings and vassals to regenerate their armies in less then a reasonable amount of time? I shouldn't have to beat a king and all his vassals 3 times each within two months while at war.

No, I'm not sure how to fix lords getting that much troops quickly.

Kale3 said:
SEMAGMAR said:

It's likely to be in troops or parties txt files

Thanks again for the speedy replies.
Again I say EXCELLENT mod!

Carrion said:
Will this module need to be reinstalled with the new update ? is it compatible? Will I need a new save game?

Please and thanks!

Should be working with the latest update, sorry for the slow reply, been busy with school  :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom