VC:RE Hotkeys question

Users who are viewing this thread

Kogara

Sergeant
I discovered, completely by accident, that there is a call horse button - I don't remember if VC had this before as it has been awhile, but I'm 98% certain I didn't see a tooltip telling me I could call for my horse.

On that note, are there any other hotkeys that people know about that are not listed that I should know about?

Kogara said:
I discovered, completely by accident, that there is a call horse button - I don't remember if VC had this before as it has been awhile, but I'm 98% certain I didn't see a tooltip telling me I could call for my horse.

On that note, are there any other hotkeys that people know about that are not listed that I should know about?

Well there is info about horse call , on the loading screen. And well just go to settings and you will see all hotkeys here i think.

Kogara said:

Hi Kogara,
There are other keys there. We will check which one are not "intuitive" enough.

Tipsu94 said:
Kogara said:

Well there is info about horse call , on the loading screen. And well just go to settings and you will see all hotkeys here i think.

I tend to load the game a bit too fast for that - not to mention random tips are not exactly the best way to reference associated hotkeys lol.  As for settings, I checked controls and I didn't see it in there. But that's not surprising since it's not an original function of the game. Mods don't have their unique hotkeys in controls either. Usually they provide a reference somewhere in the notes.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Kogara said:

Hi Kogara,
There are other keys there. We will check which one are not "intuitive" enough.

Fair enough. It would be great to know the useful ones, like anything not camera related. All the times I've spent chasing after my spooked horse when I could have just pressed H, you know? :razz:

I'm pretty sure just listing all of the non-standard hotkeys and their uses in the notes would likely be the obvious choice. Things listed in the controls under settings are both obvious and easily found, whereas the "mod" specific things are a little less so. The tutorial pop ups for other functions are fine, but for example it can be easy enough to forget some of the camera controls. (Strategic, etc)

I've been playing M&B (Original) since the early days of .300~.700+ (many years ago, that) and plenty of mods since then, so I usually just press some familiar keys most mods use, which usually works. But yes, a reference page somewhere would be nice.

Kogara said:

Hi again, I knew it was somewhere...  here you have:

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Kogara said:

Yeah I was suppose to post the same thing, this is where I first read about this, and was excited to try this out.
I was a bit disappointed that I didn't hear any "whistle" just a text prompt that I called for my horse though.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Kogara said:

Ok, so it IS listed somewhere at least. Cool. Thanks for that.

I've played M&B for so long that I don't really pay much attention to the skill descriptions since I know what they all do, so that explains why I never noticed that! I'll have to glance through them later to make sure I'm not missing any others in there.

Back
Top Bottom