[VC RE BETA] General feedback / Add your "balance logs" here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CeltiberoCaesar said:
Articulo34 said:
CeltiberoCaesar said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: You should read more carefully
I don´t understand where are you getting at. What does that picture have to do with my comment?

You were talking about goals rewards. And in the presentation panel of the goals it's said what are they for.
You could argue that point if they were given to the player when he first sets the goal. But after he succeeds? 6 Robbers make no difference.

Articulo34 said:
You could argue that point if they were given to the player when he first sets the goal. But after he succeeds? 6 Robbers make no difference.

6 T3 troops are a free 10% bonus on soldiers, as you only need 60 for it.

:arrow: each goal has a unique reward, explore them all  :wink: (hint: there is even a sword somewhere)

This feature was created for new players, so the rewards are "cool" but no more than that (similar to quests).  It is also a optional feature.

The main idea is help players understand some of the mechanics of the game, like: what is this renown, reputation and right to rule you are talking about?!? How much I need to be a king? And so on

kalarhan said:
6 T3 troops are a free 10% bonus on soldiers, as you only need 60 for it.

:arrow: each goal has a unique reward, explore them all  :wink: (hint: there is even a sword somewhere)

This feature was created for new players, so the rewards are "cool" but no more than that (similar to quests).  It is also a optional feature.

The main idea is help players understand some of the mechanics of the game, like: what is this renown, reputation and right to rule you are talking about?!? How much I need to be a king? And so on
To be honest I just expected some renown and a text like "Congratulations. Your name is whispered in fear throughout Englaland.", but those 6 Robbers felt like "what the hell is this supposed to be?".

Articulo34 said:
To be honest I just expected some renown and a text like "Congratulations. Your name is whispered in fear throughout Englaland.", but those 6 Robbers felt like "what the hell is this supposed to be?".
Thank you for the feedback.  :smile:

Keep bringing your comments guys, we have tons of changes in RE  :iamamoron:

Any chance of a toggle for your "vilage is being raided" pop-ups?  Can get quite frustrating when you're 3 kingdoms away in the middle of a long siege. Especiialy if the raiding lord keeps stopping to chase farmers then coming back, or being chased off by friendly lords then coming back, or whatever.

kalarhan said:
Feedback on Gore

Hey guys. One of the changes we have with VC RE is how gore works.

:arrow: We adjusted the animation (including the helmet!)
:arrow: There are a series of possible bonus to increase your % of sucess now

• Expanded hitboxes. Easier to hit now!
  • Bonus if you are mounted!
  • Player (only) bonus from stats and skills!
  • Bonus from weapons!

Example: a player can get up to 50% chance when mounted

Please share your experience. Thank you!

I think I prefer the older system, it was something way more ocassional , now Im just popping heads left and right lol, even with a seax. Maybe add a slidder on the camp options to increase the frequency?

kraggrim said:
Any chance of a toggle for your "vilage is being raided" pop-ups?  Can get quite frustrating when you're 3 kingdoms away in the middle of a long siege. Especiialy if the raiding lord keeps stopping to chase farmers then coming back, or being chased off by friendly lords then coming back, or whatever.
A toggle between that and a simple text warning would be very welcome.

denkar said:
I think I prefer the older system, it was something way more ocassional , now Im just popping heads left and right lol, even with a seax. Maybe add a slidder on the camp options to increase the frequency?

I slider is a good idea, especially as the heads  don't disappear along with the bodies:
8nWL0.jpg
Gl_xR.jpg
:grin:

kraggrim said:
denkar said:

I slider is a good idea, especially as the heads  don't disappear along with the bodies:
8nWL0.jpg
Gl_xR.jpg
:grin:

no slider, you can turn if off on game options  :smile:

to clarify some comments: normal chance (to the player) of a decapitation is about 10-15%. Now if you are a strong warrior, with the troll axe and fighting monks... fun times  :twisted:
the 50% was mentioned on a very special situation (you are mounted and attacking on a charge with your sword)

We have news on quests and wound system... I will post about it tomorrow  :smile:

I have been playing with the new Royal Sandbox start.  10 out of 10 so far, but I have a few suggestions. (Some of these may not be specific to reforged edition)
[list type=decimal]
[*]Since you start out as a King/Queen your renown and level are fairly high. This makes the bandit groups fairly large. What I find a bit unbalanced is that there is always at least one Viking hideout and one renegade hideout on my borders. So I ride around killing bands and destroying their hideout only to have it respawn in a day or so. Essentially being King just means constantly trying to keep the roads clear for traveling farmers and traders. It would be nice if things did not spawn so aggressively so that I could clean up my kingdom and then have time to do other stuff, like war. As it is, I am constantly at war with bandits and they frequently destroy my vassal's armies.
[*]At one point I got a message that I have the berserker trait. I would have liked the trait to have been a choice and not assigned.
[*]Trading seems a little more balanced. Friesia and Norway are still the go to spots for cheap salt/wine and timber/tar, respectively, but the rest of the lands now seem to have some good deals on things like wool, mead, flax, etc. It would be nice if there was even more regional hotpots though then just Friesia/Norway.
[*]In Brytenwalda buying cattle and selling their products was always so profitable it verged on being hacky to take advantage. But I did like that you could make a profit that way, so far I have never found cattle at a price that makes selling their meat profitable. Would be nice if sometimes it did, just not as lucrative as Brytenwalda
[*]Division commands seems bugged. If I give division commands immediately on the start of battle the commands are not repeated in the log in the lower left. The unit does seem to take the formation but I just get no textual indication that it was received. After about a minute in the battle everything works fine.
[*]Similar to above, if I ask a larger division to follow me, advance, or hold a position for the first minute they walk a few paces forward and then a few back. It does not seem to happen with smaller divisions, i.e. the cav are always quick. Again after a minute they start to execute commands normally. My guess is that the larger divisions are sorting themselves out into formation and so not moving correctly until they have. But it has never been a problem before.
[/list]

Great polishing of the DLC. So great that after 1000 hours on Warband I actually posted on Taleworlds for the first time.

Mola said:
I have been playing with the new Royal Sandbox start.  10 out of 10 so far, but I have a few suggestions. (Some of these may not be specific to reforged edition)
[list type=decimal]
[*]Since you start out as a King/Queen your renown and level are fairly high. This makes the bandit groups fairly large. What I find a bit unbalanced is that there is always at least one Viking hideout and one renegade hideout on my borders. So I ride around killing bands and destroying their hideout only to have it respawn in a day or so. Essentially being King just means constantly trying to keep the roads clear for traveling farmers and traders. It would be nice if things did not spawn so aggressively so that I could clean up my kingdom and then have time to do other stuff, like war. As it is, I am constantly at war with bandits and they frequently destroy my vassal's armies.
[*]At one point I got a message that I have the berserker trait. I would have liked the trait to have been a choice and not assigned.
[*]Trading seems a little more balanced. Friesia and Norway are still the go to spots for cheap salt/wine and timber/tar, respectively, but the rest of the lands now seem to have some good deals on things like wool, mead, flax, etc. It would be nice if there was even more regional hotpots though then just Friesia/Norway.
[*]In Brytenwalda buying cattle and selling their products was always so profitable it verged on being hacky to take advantage. But I did like that you could make a profit that way, so far I have never found cattle at a price that makes selling their meat profitable. Would be nice if sometimes it did, just not as lucrative as Brytenwalda
[*]Division commands seems bugged. If I give division commands immediately on the start of battle the commands are not repeated in the log in the lower left. The unit does seem to take the formation but I just get no textual indication that it was received. After about a minute in the battle everything works fine.
[*]Similar to above, if I ask a larger division to follow me, advance, or hold a position for the first minute they walk a few paces forward and then a few back. It does not seem to happen with smaller divisions, i.e. the cav are always quick. Again after a minute they start to execute commands normally. My guess is that the larger divisions are sorting themselves out into formation and so not moving correctly until they have. But it has never been a problem before.
[/list]

Great polishing of the DLC. So great that after 1000 hours on Warband I actually posted on Taleworlds for the first time.

Thank you for the feedback  :smile:

Some comments:
1) Bandits parties are affected by the player level, how many troops you have and "Campaign AI" option
2) Traits are defined by your skills. You created a character focusing on combat, you could have a great leader (leadership), etc. There are 4 traits out there to try with new campaigns
4) Did you try visiting a village or a town and talk to the local leaders about your cattle? (hint hint). Also you should visit a farmstead sometime
5-6) Advanced formations take a few seconds to set all the bots into a good position (like shield-wall). That is consequence of how the game spawns everyone over one another hehe. You can also give advance commands (move 10 steps) to help your bots if you have a big army (100-300 troops).

kalarhan said:
Thank you for the feedback  :smile:

Some comments:
1) Bandits parties are affected by the player level, how many troops you have and "Campaign AI" option
2) Traits are defined by your skills. You created a character focusing on combat, you could have a great leader (leadership), etc. There are 4 traits out there to try with new campaigns
4) Did you try visiting a village or a town and talk to the local leaders about your cattle? (hint hint). Also you should visit a farmstead sometime
5-6) Advanced formations take a few seconds to set all the bots into a good position (like shield-wall). That is consequence of how the game spawns everyone over one another hehe. You can also give advance commands (move 10 steps) to help your bots if you have a big army (100-300 troops).

Thanks for the response, I will have to investigate the cow situation. As to #1 however, it's not the size of the bands that is troublesome. I know they scale with me. The problem is that the hideouts spawn within 2 days. Since posting I used cheats to find every single band coming from a hideout and destroyed each one by teleporting so that they were all killed on the same day. After all the bands were wiped out I destroyed their lair.  I then waited and by the second day the same bandit types were back and I found a lair about an inch from the other one. So its just a revolving door of bandits. Given the royal sandbox starts you at lvl 19 and 900 renown the armies are large enough to destroy vassal armies not to mention killing any farmers and traders they encounter. Seems a bit much.

*Okay, I just set Combat and Campaign AI to beginnner, killed them all off again (using Ctrl Alt F4 since it gets tiresome), destroyed the lair. Within two days there is a new lair again.*

*Okay, I just set Combat and Campaign AI to beginnner, killed them all off again (using Ctrl Alt F4 since it gets tiresome), destroyed the lair. Within two days there is a new lair again.*

I think that's how it was in native too, once you destroyed the lair it gets respawned pretty quickly

JuJu70 said:

I think that's how it was in native too, once you destroyed the lair it gets respawned pretty quickly

Yeah but in native they don't usually spawn by the hundreds.
They're essentially an army of bandits now that could wipe out Lords, do they have a cap limit or do they just infinitely scale to the player?

Asulador said:
JuJu70 said:

They're essentially an army of bandits now that could wipe out Lords, do they have a cap limit or do they just infinitely scale to the player?

Yes there is a cap, and also with bigger sizes there are less of them.

JuJu70 said:
Asulador said:
JuJu70 said:

Yes there is a cap, and also with bigger sizes there are less of them.

Well, Northmans are a huge problem over at Northymbre(?) since even though you say there are "less number of parties", you could see 80+ Northmans(who could actually massacre almost anyone) blocking all the choke points on the northern parts of the map.

(But then again, I love the challenge, I just don't want Lords actually being taken down to 20+ size, then being killed off repeatedly by mere savages.)

I saw a group of hooligans for 100-110 people. It does not look very realistic, if so many men went to rob and kill, then who tills the ground? The old system looked quite normal, I do not understand why it was necessary to change it?

Petro Buleka said:
I saw a group of hooligans for 100-110 people. It does not look very realistic, if so many men went to rob and kill, then who tills the ground? The old system looked quite normal, I do not understand why it was necessary to change it?

Agreed.

Though I like the idea that you still have something to kill even when you're at the later stages of the game (from what I read that's one of the reasons), but at this point your main enemies should be lords and not hordes of lawless men.

100+ Masterless Men (Great!), 100+ Hooligans (Wut...).
The Young Warriors(Bounty Hunters) are essentially being turned into prisoners by a horde of Robbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom