[VC RE BETA] Feedback on xp curves

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share your feedback about the xp curves in the Beta of the Viking Conquest Reforged Edition here. If you want to post your balance log, then please post it here.

RE now has 3 options (beginner, normal, hardcore) that changes how much XP your troops need for a upgrade.

--> That includes all tiers (from recruits to nobles!)

--> XP you gain from battles, quests, training skill, ...

Refuge/castle training of troops every week is similar in numbers to 1.04. No negative impact there!

We lowered training skill to 5 now (instead of 10), but that didn't reduce the effect of it.
That also means it is much easier to raise the skill on companions! And train those recruits!

Thank you!

Edit(CeltiberoCaesar): I have include the useful information to be in the first post.

kalarhan said:
We lowered training skill to 5 now (instead of 10), but that didn't reduce the effect of it.
That also means it is much easier to raise the skill on companions! And train those recruits!

Are you now developer?  :shock:

I am currently using the more experience option as I feel the original takes to long to level units up. Even in my current game it still feels like it takes them a long time to level. Playing a fresh story line mode.

Unfortunately though i am not sure how the system works so i may be doing something that prevents units from leveling up. What do you guys mean by the training level is now 5? Also for a unit to level does it actually have to fight and kill someone?

Thanks,
Bob

Bobisback said:
Unfortunately though i am not sure how the system works so i may be doing something that prevents units from leveling up.

What do you guys mean by the training level is now 5?
Your character and companions (special npcs you can recruit to your party) have a skill called "Trainer". That is the training skill.
This skill is limited to 5 now.
Every night this skill will add more XP for troops that are lower level than you. So if you have a few companions and your char with points in this skill you will get a nice amount every-night  :smile:

Note that lowest troops are level 12 (recruits), so you will need to level up a bit first (as you start at level 1).

Also for a unit to level does it actually have to fight and kill someone?
There are many ways to gain XP. Above I explained training skill.
Combat gives xp -> yeap, and troops get a bonus when they kill a enemy
Quests can give xp
Later on your refuge/castle can also train troops every week.

Would you consider to rename the option for quicker troop leveling from 'beginner' to something else? I am by no means a pro, but no beginner either and I would (in favor of gameplay) prefer a faster advancement in levels for troops, while the term beginner scares me off to choose this option :smile:

TheRingisHot said:
Would you consider to rename the option for quicker troop leveling from 'beginner' to something else? I am by no means a pro, but no beginner either and I would (in favor of gameplay) prefer a faster advancement in levels for troops, while the term beginner scares me off to choose this option :smile:

Ok, we will check this :smile:

TheRingisHot said:

the "normal" option is faster than the early version (1.04), while "hardcore" is similar to 1.04.

Please fix this white ships ..  We dont enjoy this ship war and saw this white ship  :sad: And this Turkish language need to improvement

Asulador said:
GamerTrooper said:
Please fix this white ships ..  We dont enjoy this ship war and saw this white ship  :sad: And this Turkish language need to improvement

Do you have a screenshot of this so called "white ships"?

rQG4Zz.jpg

Feedback on normal XP

Hey guys. One of the main aspects we aim to balance is the overall XP related to training a army.

We now have 3 basic options (as mentioned in the OP). I would like to hear feedback on the experience of players using the normal option.

Thank you!

kalarhan said:
Feedback on normal XP

Hey guys. One of the main aspects we aim to balance is the overall XP related to training a army.

We now have 3 basic options (as mentioned in the OP). I would like to hear feedback on the experience of players using the normal option.

Thank you!

For now, it took me an average of 1-2 weeks to level up one Norse Freedman, on normal. Lvl16 with Training 1. (maybe because fatalities occur too much on my warband combined with my low training skill.)

kalarhan said:
Feedback on normal XP

Thank you!

It's still prohibitive early on, IMO. The length of time it takes to train a Bondi to Companion, for example, makes it almost irrelevant given the chance of dying in a battle. I've found it's more expedient to keep a smallish group and hunt down groups of crippled Vikings to recruit their tier 3 or even sometimes 4 prisoners than actually go through the trouble of training and fighting for weeks to get 2 guys leveled only to die in the next fight.

This is on normal; it is visibly faster than the original version but troop advancement - again, at least early on - has become a nonfactor in my strategy since it's a vast investment with too little return.

HerrComrade said:
kalarhan said:
Feedback on normal XP

Thank you!

It's still prohibitive early on, IMO. The length of time it takes to train a Bondi to Companion, for example, makes it almost irrelevant given the chance of dying in a battle. I've found it's more expedient to keep a smallish group and hunt down groups of crippled Vikings to recruit their tier 3 or even sometimes 4 prisoners than actually go through the trouble of training and fighting for weeks to get 2 guys leveled only to die in the next fight.

This is on normal; it is visibly faster than the original version but troop advancement - again, at least early on - has become a nonfactor in my strategy since it's a vast investment with too little return.

I fully agree, I make my armies out of norwegian vikings because of this. I dont expect obtaining a army of hardened veterans to be easy but it seems too costly considering ai lords automatically get a good mix of top tier and middle tier troops in thier armies after being defeated. I understand why this is done but it should not take so many battles to come up with veterans.

You can train a army of tier 3 troops quite fast now. With a few companions and training skill you can train your recruits (T1 to T2) in a few days (less than a week) :smile:

Invest on a healer companion or your own skills and you will have fewer causalities (dead troops) 

Game starts harder, and as you progress you will be able to keep (and pay) a steady T3 army, with some elite troops for your special tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom